Old 05-14-19, 08:28 PM
mjac

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 75 Posts
Like I Said

Originally Posted by JoeyBike
I rent cars now and then to get up to the 30-mile Rail-Trail across our lake (about 40 minutes one way). However, I would prefer the skates or longboard on that Rail-Trail mainly because I just prefer skating over cycling. Skating is not always practical in the city but it is my preference. So YES...I could drag a bike up there but I likely never will.

Yep, as stated above - I just prefer skating those places.

My bike is like your car (assuming you own one). I doubt most people think up cool places to go drive their cars for fun (sure, some do). My bike is a tool in my mind, not recreation. Just personal preference. Now I can do more of what I love and less of what I don't love!
Like I said however, even though I did not realize how much more you love skating and boarding now over Cicyling, Cicyling is much more benefical and forgiving as you age. You can and will be more proficient at Cicyling for a much longer period of time then skating and boarding. Something to consider. You obviously loved or enjoyed Cicyling at some point. You have been doing it for fifty years through many venues and disciplines. I have no right to assume this, but it seems the bitter taste you have for Cicyling now was caused by your legitamate bad experiences on the streets of New Orleans. That is understandable. I know how New Orleans is and can be. But it would appear that if you get off the streets and do some fun recreational riding just for the fun of it you might save an activity that you enjoyed for so long that you will be able to do at a much older age then you can skate or board. What happens at that point? No activity? The idea is to stay young.