Old 10-11-19, 07:43 AM
marcoguzm

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Fsa 46/30

Originally Posted by wgscott
My White Industries crank has been fine. I was worried about "regressing" to square-taper (the 30mm one didn't fit), but it has been robust and shifts as good as the Ultegra crank it replaced. (Di2)

This is a very interesting thread, here in BF. I read it before ordering a FSA Adventure crankset 46/30 square taper and a BB 110 mm. It was supposed to be installed on an Iron Horse Victory 2003, Scandium tubing, ultegra 6500...but the seat was creaked; this was found at a LBS, when I was ready to install it. So I had to look for a frame, and Linskey had a great offer of a Premier Road Bike frameset, and took it.

I also received a XT cassette 11-34t, a XT rear derailleur SGS (longe cage) 9 speed, from another shop. So, I had to get a 34.9 mm front derailleur 9 speed, and I could only get the Sora 3000, here in Mexico City.

It was a hassle to install all that, lots of adjustments, but I'm using the bike now. I can climb those hills with 13 - 14% grades, close to home. There is some rub at 30t chainring and higher gears, I can use the 46t chainring up to the 26t cog, without any rub. The shifters work fine, an Ultegra on the left, and a Dura Ace on the right.

It would be nice to have a Sugino crankset, but I've got to analyze this option. Now, I'm using the bike and doing those hills. On the flats I can accelerate pretty well with a 46t chainring, I'm 66, the ultegra crankset 53/39 was very tough on climbing for me, it was very good on the flats; it's much easier now with those mountains and hills close to home.
Likes For marcoguzm: