View Single Post
Old 08-06-20, 09:27 AM
Batstar

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 175 Times in 79 Posts
Originally Posted by hokiefyd
That's an interesting rack. I like the bag, too. What bungee straps are you using? Are they integral to the bag or are they separate?
Arkel seems to have hit the sweet spot for those who own bikes without mounts or eyelets for racks. Even though it likely won't accommodate panniers due to potential issues with carrying capacity, I think that it does fill a niche market. As for the bag, I actually purchased it on sale from a motorcycle shop and, at the time, it seemed to be the appropriate choice in terms of size and functionality. It doesn’t open at the top as most traditional trunk bags do but the roll top at the end works quite well for me. Having the separate compartment for tools and essentials is a nice touch. I believe that it was meant to be attached to the front fork of a motorbike as it came with two additional straps which were too short for my purposes.I fabricated the bungees to length myself and obtained the hooks and shock cord locally. Even though it does have a central strap and buckle, the bungees prevent the bag from moving laterally.