View Single Post
Old 03-03-18, 06:48 AM
SyntaxMonstr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by carleton
I'm the king of buying gear that doesn't provide material gains.

The bike frame is one of the lowest on the Benefits/Cost ratio scale. Down there with ceramic bearings almost.

That being said, if it makes you feel good, makes you feel fast, and keeps you engaged and interested in the sport, that's worth a helluva lot.

The brain is an important component to the training and performance mix. It's often overlooked.

I just bought a new Felt TK FRD. I'm pretty much hoping that it scares people into submission on the track and I don't even ever have to get out of the saddle...that's the plan, anyway
Agree entirely with this. As long as you've got the means, if the frame makes you genuinely excited about/enjoy riding, it'll generally translate to a material improvement in your riding, even if it's not immediately apparent in the results.

I sold my DF4 and picked up a Koga Kimera (of course they announced the new Koga almost immediately afterwards ) and the bike just feels better to ride, even though they've both been ridden at the elite level and are established frames. I find myself looking forward to training/riding it.