Old 03-15-19, 01:33 PM
njkayaker

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4260 Post(s)
Liked 1,364 Times in 945 Posts
Originally Posted by seajaye
Perhaps I loaded the course previously without mapping, so therefore it did not do its own "homework" and left a blank track for itself. Maybe if I delete the course, put it back on my unit, and then load it with the map enabled, it will do the behind the scenes calculation?
No, it doesn't work like that. There's no magic voodoo information stored in the file.

The FIT files in \Garmin\Courses just contain track points (and course points, if the original file had them).

When you select a course for navigation with "turn guidance" enabled, that's when the Garmin will use the map to calculate the second route.

Originally Posted by seajaye
I've messed more with the map settings, and somehow even with the detailed map ON, Turn Guidance ON, when I loaded my test commute route again, it didn't give me anything besides "Riding South" etc.
I'm not sure what is going on. "Messed more" doesn't give me much assurance. The Garmin forums don't seem to indicate that other people are having the issues you are having. Where are you getting the route? Maybe, PM me with a link to it,

Last edited by njkayaker; 03-15-19 at 01:36 PM.