View Single Post
Old 07-14-19, 07:27 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2324 Post(s)
Liked 4,992 Times in 1,777 Posts
Almost afraid to post these after all the controversy over putting the early Greg Lemond Bikes in the G thread.

Kidding of course, LOL!

So the first Lemond was Billato built like the other Greg Lemond bikes but not distributed by TSDI and badged as Lemonds only. This is an Excell tubed mid 90s GLX Team Gan one sporting a nice Campagnolo Racing T setup. Not the numbers tag braze one not present on all of these. This is also the "squarest" frame of all my Greg Lemond/Lemond bikes in terms of top tube to seat tube size.

Next is my first Lemond, a rather beat up 2000 Zurich.

Then there's the 2003 Tourmelet that I actually just sold about 2 weeks ago. It was a bit small at 53cm but was upgraded with nice Ultegra/Dura Ace 10 speed parts. It was just too redundant in my collection and one of my smaller bikes.

Then there's the unique Gentleman's Poodle & Grouse Society Lemond. Long story behind this one, if interested search my old post.

Hmmm, I finally found the right Icon road stem for this a couple of weeks ago and put it on. Looks like I need to shoot a new pic with it.

Here's the man himself with one of these rare bikes.

And next is the "spine framed" Lemond Versailles that I'm still sorting out. Upgraded with a bunch of Dura Ace 10 speed parts and a nice triple sporting Wickwerks chainrings. I just don't find this as comfortable as all my steel Lemonds.

Finally there's the Chambery that I just recently found local. I'd been wanting to try one of these aero-aluminum frames. Need to take it for a shakedown ride in it's current configuration before I decide what to do with it.

I still need to score a Team Lemond!