Thread: Tapping cars
View Single Post
Old 02-24-05, 11:50 AM
TitaniuMerlin
Boffin

Bikes: 2003 LeMond Alpe d'Huez, 2000 Merlin Road Titanium (Carbon Fiber Front Fork)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've had a very similiar thing happen to me. I was riding with two other people (brothers) and one was behind me, the other in front of me. We were going through the center of a nearby town where the road is two lanes (one in each direction) with a shoulder big enough to easily park cars in (since that is what it is used for). Since the shoulder was empty, we were riding in it, and we begin nearing a side street (opposite side of the road). So a car heading our direction slows down to make the left hand turn. A car comes up behind and proceeds to pass the car by going into the shoulder. Only problem is, the three of us are in the shoulder. The car nearly takes us all out (we have to swear towards the curb to avoid being hit - luckily the shoulder was bigger then most otherwise we would have been toast). I yell and hit the rear of the car with my hand while the guy ahead of me slaps the passenger side window really hard and yells out obscenities. Pretty close call, but what the driver was thinking swerving into the shoulder where there are three cyclists is beyond me.