Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

First flat fixed something seems off.

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

First flat fixed something seems off.

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-10, 12:19 PM
yokotas13
Radac!

Bikes: Visp with way better parts than a frame,2010 fuji track pro, motobecane phantom cross outlaw

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by djpfine
Why would that be worse than turning it on its side against the ground? You'd be rubbing something against the floor in both situations. Is it because you only have to worry about contact with the pedals and sides of the bars with the latter?
not really.
when i change a tire, i lean it up against something. so only the front tire, and maybe a pedal is on the ground, or hte chain.

if you turn it up side down...my 200.00 handlebars, and 140.00 seat would be hte points of impact....
and i dont have gears, if you had brifters thats another few hundred bucks you could break.

its all relative. when you have a nice bike you want to keep it nice