Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Replacement wheel bearing cone

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Replacement wheel bearing cone

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-24, 12:25 AM
Duragrouch

Liked 583 Times in 472 Posts
Originally Posted by grumpus
Sounds like life in university accomodation, I was down to one bike having sold the rest.
Very similar space and living environment.

When I entered my third year of university, I showed up with an early IBM-PC, which I bought with money from selling most of my guns, which shocked my shooting buddies (match competition), but which was a big plus when I got sick for a week in the middle of a programming class, and truly paid for itself when I got a good office job supervising other word processors the following summer, finally getting out of machine shops into a clean, quiet, work environment.

I didn't have a good bike until the summer before I graduated, and bought a Cannondale road race bike, and I put tens of thousands of miles on that. That's when I got serious about biking. Though not ridden since 2005 (commuted to work with it), I still have that bike in storage, like new, with improvements of more durable wheels, cartridge bottom bracket, triple crank, bullhorns and aero bars, beam rack and trunk bag.