Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Is there any way to increase handlebar height?

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Is there any way to increase handlebar height?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-11, 08:23 AM
ted_smith

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Don

Yes please! I have looked on Amazon for same product from UK, and it costs nearly £20 which is about $16 I think, as you say.

So if you could post me the item I will PayPal the cost over to you, which even if it's $10 or so will still be a saving for me.

Thank you very much for your kindness. It is much appreciated, especially with me being totally clueless with regard to these things!

I don't want to publically state my address so I have e-mailed it you via your profile.

Thanks again

Ted

Ted
Old 07-30-11, 09:37 AM
fietsbob
Banned

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 7607 Post(s)
Liked 1,357 Times in 863 Posts
costs nearly £20 which is about $16 I think,
flip that, exchange rate has been .. need more $ to buy a £ for a long time..
1.7:1 at my last noticing it.
Old 08-20-11, 03:16 AM
ted_smith

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi all

Just to let you all know that I bought this from Amazon for a reasonable £23 in total https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ef=oss_product

I have fitted it today, and seems perfect! Has given me an extra 2.5" pretty much, so I've even managed to raise my seat a little bit too. Am yest to take it out for a proper ride but I'm confident it will be OK.

Thank you al so much for your help and suggestion. I would never have known to look for one of those if it weren't for the advice I got here, so thanks.

Ted
Old 08-20-11, 10:23 AM
Don in Austin
Don from Austin Texas

Bikes: Schwinn S25 "department store crap" FS MTB, home-made CF 26" hybrid, CF road bike with straight bar, various wierd frankenbikes

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by ted_smith
Hi all

Just to let you all know that I bought this from Amazon for a reasonable £23 in total https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ef=oss_product

I have fitted it today, and seems perfect! Has given me an extra 2.5" pretty much, so I've even managed to raise my seat a little bit too. Am yest to take it out for a proper ride but I'm confident it will be OK.

Thank you al so much for your help and suggestion. I would never have known to look for one of those if it weren't for the advice I got here, so thanks.

Ted
You really should not be considering the handlebars when setting the seat. Seat should be made right to the pedals and then set the handlebars.

Hopefully, the handlebar range is now such that you are not tempted to compromise the seat.

Don in Austin
Old 08-20-11, 12:17 PM
Gotte

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've toured with handlebars higher than the norm, and have had no problems whatsoever. true, I tend to tootle along at about 10 or 12 MPH, but fully loaded, I'd rather enjoy the scenery than bust a gut. I also have swept back Northroad style bars. With the added height and better hand position (for me), I do find that I have added leaverage when climbing. Back and arms straight and down, I find I can pull against the bars much more effectively.
I use a threadless extender, and find no problems.
Hope yours works out successfully.

All the best.
Old 08-20-11, 01:37 PM
zzyzx_xyzzy
headtube.

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I would add that a feeling of being "pulled too far over" can come down to saddle position (too far forward or tilted down) as much as handlebar position.