Search
Notices
Track Cycling: Velodrome Racing and Training Area Looking to enter into the realm of track racing? Want to share your experiences and tactics for riding on a velodrome? The Track Cycling forums is for you! Come in and discuss training/racing, equipment, and current track cycling events.

Equipment Decisions

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-16, 11:57 AM
queerpunk
aka mattio

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by SprintzNKiloz
Ok, this is a stale forum, but this seemed like the best place to pose the question: Last year I ran Conti Sprinters on an 808 and Zipp Disc glued liberally with Conti Carbon rim cement. For this year's ritual "re-shodding of the wheels" I got the new shoes and out of LBS convenience, got Tubasti cement, maybe without thinking it through. Any thoughts on Tubasti in track environments? Carbon rim suitability? Thanks in advance.
oh god
i'd avoid Tubasti like the plague.
it's stringy, sticky, white, messy, and an utter pain in the ass to work with compared to Conti or Vittoria glue.

i glues my wheels for the first two years with Tubasti because it was the only stuff that the store near me stocked.

when I switched to Conti glue I was shocked at how much easier gluing wheels was.
Old 02-22-16, 12:29 PM
SprintzNKiloz

Bikes: LOOK 675, Dolan DF4, Casati Gold Line, Litespeed Classic, Felt TR2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The Conti carbon glue I had outlasted Sprinters I was running. I've been picking base tape off the rim on the disc for what feels like weeks (sporadically). That said, you seem to echo the comments of two friends of mine, but I figured I'd try to increase my sample size to be >2.

Many thx
Old 02-22-16, 12:39 PM
Hida Yanra
VeloSIRraptor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SprintzNKiloz
The Conti
I'm Vittoria for life - but that's just me,
I've used Conti once, wasn't impressed enough to switch over from the cans of Vittoria that I always had sitting around the shop.