Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Which hybrid?

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Which hybrid?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-24, 05:32 AM
synchron

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wife got a Sirrus X4, can DSX 2 keep up with it? DSX 2 looks heavy, mainly using the bikes for City/ Urban.
We dont have much hybrid bikes choices here, mostly people will go for road bikes or foldables. X3 and DSX 2 is the last unit in their inventory.

If i m not mistaken Marin are owned and made by Polygon bikes in Indonesia.
Old 05-05-24, 09:39 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 4,121 Times in 2,752 Posts
Originally Posted by synchron
Wife got a Sirrus X4, can DSX 2 keep up with it? DSX 2 looks heavy, mainly using the bikes for City/ Urban.
We dont have much hybrid bikes choices here, mostly people will go for road bikes or foldables. X3 and DSX 2 is the last unit in their inventory.

If i m not mistaken Marin are owned and made by Polygon bikes in Indonesia.
I don't see why not they are similar bikes. In the end the rider will be the biggest determining factor.

Marin was bought out by a European firm but I believe is still HQ'd in Marin and their CEO came from FSA.

It is possible and likely that the two different brands are made in the same factories. Giant actually produces bikes for quite a few brands some of which are really good (which is surprising as their own bikes aren't as good). It is not uncommon for this to happen but I am unsure. I do not think they are owned by Polygon though. It is possible that the firm that owns Marin also owns other companies PON holdings owns probably more bike brands then most people can count but they are different bikes.
Old 05-08-24, 10:34 AM
synchron

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Let say if i get the DSX 2, if i want to upgrade the wheels to Roval Alpanist or the Terra, is it a swap over? Is there any complications? Any other components that i need?
Old 05-08-24, 08:01 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Originally Posted by synchron
Let say if i get the DSX 2, if i want to upgrade the wheels to Roval Alpanist or the Terra, is it a swap over? Is there any complications? Any other components that i need?
You just have to confirm the axle spacing is correct and the free hub is correct. However f I am going Alpinist wheels I think I would probably be looking at something much higher end maybe even a custom frame something really light. Not that the DSX is a bad bike but for wheels like that is deserves a lighter frame something a little higher zoot.

If it were me I would consider something like a Litespeed frame maybe or possibly something more custom in that realm or if Specialized made an Aethos Gravel frame I would do that (or maybe if Scott still does the Addict Gravel Frame get one of those) Sadly they don't make a flat bad alpinist cockpit but it also flexes quite a bit so I wouldn't want it anyway. I don't mind a little flex but an ex-co-worker has them and they were really flexible and my more ample body would snap those suckers.
Old 05-14-24, 05:14 AM
synchron

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
After surveying the market, my final options will be Dsx 3 2024 model with SRAM 12 speed just came in or a gestalt XR 2023 model with Grx 11speed. Gestalt XR currently going on promo final unit, same price as a Dsx 2. I assume after I convert to a flat bar it will still cost less than the Dsx 3.
Old 05-14-24, 06:30 AM
Jeff Neese

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1090 Post(s)
Liked 708 Times in 450 Posts
Originally Posted by sohoprom
Thanks to everyone here. I ended up getting a new Trek FX2 and am very happy with it, so far. Only issue is that once again, I'm getting numb right arm, not every time, but sometimes. A friend suggested I change grips to the horn style and I've read that it can help, so I guess it's worth a shot, anyone advise how to stop this damned numbness?
Look at Ergon GP5s. Not cheap, but definitely worth it.
Likes For Jeff Neese:
Old 05-16-24, 10:08 AM
XxHaimBondxX

Bikes: Trek FX 7.3, Specialized Roubaix, Orbea Terra, Aostimotor S17 ebike, Huffy RedRock (first bike)

Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked 342 Times in 153 Posts
I have GP5s and still getting numb hand- left. Not sure what could be done, I thought it's due to wearing a watch or bike gloves that are too tight. It helps if you extend and stretch arm once in a while...
Old 05-16-24, 05:26 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Originally Posted by XxHaimBondxX
I have GP5s and still getting numb hand- left. Not sure what could be done, I thought it's due to wearing a watch or bike gloves that are too tight. It helps if you extend and stretch arm once in a while...
Your grips are adjustable and you might need to adjust them to a much different position to solve the issue. It could also be tight gloves as well.

However yes it is good to move your arms and hands once in a while.
Likes For veganbikes: