Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

What's with all the Assos sizing charts?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

What's with all the Assos sizing charts?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-09, 03:39 PM
DScott
It's ALL base...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by dark13star
Really? In the new S5? Seems to be the consensus that they are larger now.
Maybe in the Uno version, but the FI.13 S5 bibs fit tighter than the old S2 bibs. They advertise the new fabric as resulting in more msucle compression than previous versions, so maybe that's it. I also think the legs are a little bit shorter than the S2's.

They are great bibs.
Old 02-25-09, 04:58 PM
MONGO!

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by dark13star
Really? In the new S5? Seems to be the consensus that they are larger now.
No, FI:13 S2
Old 02-26-09, 03:19 AM
twoflats

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I dropped Assos a note on their site's feedback page mentioning my fit problem (bib straps a little too short) and asked them about the best way to alter the bibs to fit me better if the problem persists. A couple of days later, I got a response back saying that if there is a fit problem with the bibs, they'll do the alteration for free if I mail them the bibs with a note describing the problem.

Do drop them a note from their feedback page if you don't get your fit problem worked out. They seem eager to make sure their customers are completely satisfied with their products.

See "Comfort Problems" at the bottom of this page.
https://www.assos.com/en/24/potential...ndle_them.aspx
Old 02-26-09, 08:25 AM
dark13star
Mountain Goat

Bikes: Cannondale Synapse 3 Carbon

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks twoflats. I gave up on their website because of how bad it is. That is very helpful.
Old 03-02-09, 02:52 AM
CHnuschti

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I do agree the chart size of Assos concerning bibs&tights is a bit misleading, as well as their suggestion of temperature range (to optimistic in the low threshold). I have almost all pieces of Assos, though most of them of the S2 serie.

As general advice, I would suggest to buy the bibs and tights one size larger than your "real" size. This adresses especially the tights, were the length can become a problem (they will sit very tight over your shoulders and/or not reach your crotch). The width is not a problem usually.

In opposite, jackets and jerseys size fits approximately your "real" size (they will sit tight as intended by Assos), they can be even a bit larger. If you are very slim, you could even consider one size smaller.

Did try the FI.Mille and FI.13 of both S2 and S5 serie, and I cannot see a relevant difference between the size of S2<->S5 serie.

I also experience that the sizes of a type (jerseys, tights, bibs etc.) are quite consistent between the different models.

My experience bases on Assos pieces in the range L/XL/XLG. Maybe it does not apply for the range of smaller sizes.

I'm 1.86m, 86kg, stride length 90cm (somebody may translate ) an do wear Assos bibs&tights in XL, and jackets&jerseys in L

regards

Last edited by CHnuschti; 03-02-09 at 02:55 AM.
Old 03-02-09, 08:54 AM
skunkdesign
steellover

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
deep pockets.