Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Hot r Not

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Hot r Not

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-13, 08:45 PM
SpeshulEd 

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by theanimal
Really?? What is the difference?
People want to see the drive side. I dunno, it's just the way it is.

Old 06-27-13, 08:47 PM
bianchi10
King Hoternot

Bikes: 2015 Cannondale Evo Hi mod

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
if that saddle was flat and your garmin was erect, I would give it a Hot.

Bike itself is hot to me, but the saddle not being flat and the garmin pointed up sticks out to me like a sore thumb.
Old 06-27-13, 09:00 PM
RJM
I'm doing it wrong.

Bikes: Rivendell Appaloosa, Rivendell Frank Jones Sr., Trek Fuel EX9, Kona Jake the Snake CR, Niner Sir9

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 9742 Post(s)
Liked 2,812 Times in 1,664 Posts
I really dig the groupset.
Old 06-27-13, 09:45 PM
FPSDavid

Bikes: CAAD10

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bianchi10
if that saddle was flat and your garmin was erect, I would give it a Hot.

Bike itself is hot to me, but the saddle not being flat and the garmin pointed up sticks out to me like a sore thumb.
Also, there are no pedals.
Old 06-27-13, 09:50 PM
NathanC
Shut up legs

Bikes: Merckx

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Would be hot, but:
- Saddle Tilt
- Garmin Tilt
- No pedals
- Bad camera phone resolution
Old 06-27-13, 10:19 PM
bianchi10
King Hoternot

Bikes: 2015 Cannondale Evo Hi mod

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The no pedals doesn't bother me.
Old 06-28-13, 08:03 AM
SpeshulEd 

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
I wonder how much the oval carbon wheels weigh? The aluminum oval 330's that came on mine were almost 2000g.

Other than the few things mentioned and the fact that I'd change the bar tape to black after it got dirty, I do like the bike. Quite a bit actually.

Old 06-28-13, 08:33 AM
theanimal

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SpeshulEd
I wonder how much the oval carbon wheels weigh? The aluminum oval 330's that came on mine were almost 2000g.

Other than the few things mentioned and the fact that I'd change the bar tape to black after it got dirty, I do like the bike. Quite a bit actually.
I was told 1500g for the wheels. I put my old Look Keo pedals on it and with the Garmin 510 it weighed 15.14 lbs.
Old 06-28-13, 10:20 AM
gc3
Falls Downalot

Bikes: Now I Got Two

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ok here goes again.
Pretty nice overall, looks like it'll ride fast...but me no like the yellow, and the Garmin placement looks rookie. The not so subtle wheel decals ain't for me, either.
Old 06-28-13, 11:00 AM
milkbaby
blah blah blah

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ok here goes again.
HOTTT... Great lines and the color scheme is very nice. I really disliked the MTB look of the 4 arm spider of DA9000 cranks, but it looks good with this frame...
Old 06-28-13, 01:32 PM
Raedyn

Bikes: 2015 Lynskey R240; Scott Scale

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ok here goes again.
I wouldn't normally be a fan of that color scheme, but it works very nicely. I really like those SSTs, and that bike is hot.
Old 06-28-13, 01:51 PM
Fox Farm

Bikes: Merlin Extra Light, Orbea Orca, Ritchey Outback,Tomac Revolver Mountain Bike, Cannondale Crit 3.0 now used for time trials.

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 34 Posts
Originally Posted by SmellTheSmug

Pretty much done messing with the setup for now anyway. How am I doing?
Not a bad looking bike but fire engine red and white, although flashy, is not hot to look at. But, I am sure that this is a nice riding bike. The black Ultegra crank set sort of sticks out and polished aluminum might be better looking.
Old 06-28-13, 04:06 PM
smoke
Royal Grand Exalted Pooba

Bikes: Time VXR ProTeam, Look 695, Pinarello Paris Carbon, Ridley Dean, Time ZXRS

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
a few notes on the Look:

i knew when i ordered it that it would be a love-it-or-hate-it bike. i guessed it would go about 50/50, but it seems to be a nearly unanimous 'not'. that's kewl. no problem with that.

i've found that as i've gotten older, i've become more fascinated with the Classics, especially the northern ones, than i am with the Tour or Giro. so when it was time for a new bike, i decided i'd do something to kinda pay my respects to van Looy, de Vlaeminck, Maertens, Merckx, and Boonen. so i did the bike in the Belgian national colors. a bike to honor the hard men. which matches my style perfectly, because God knows i don't bike pretty LOL

i'm not a fan of the stem. it's bulky and clunky, but it's proprietary. i'm not even sure another stem would fit with this system. and it's not that big a deal to me

the bars???? plain, simple shallow-drop ergo-bend Italian bars with plain black perforated tape. what's the problem with that? if you don't like the angle of 'em, well, they're really comfortable set right there when i'm in the drops

Look rings. they look pretty kewl to me

i guess in some highfalutin' bike races red and yellow paint aren't deemed race-worthy. i find that pretty funny, actually. i'm curious what colors bikes must be to be allowed into those races. i'm guessing that would apply to apparel as well. of course, i think the German, Belgian, and Spanish national champions would have a problem with these color requirements

so i took the clown bike out this morning and climbed a few Rockies. second best time ever. i rode the clown bike today because i'm faster on it than my Time or my Pinarello.

y'all have a good ride today

-Fyodor Dostoevsky's Grand Inquisitor

Last edited by smoke; 06-28-13 at 06:29 PM.
Old 06-29-13, 11:26 AM
chil2makefun

Bikes: Provex (centaur carbon) 2009 - cube litening super hpc race 2013

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by smoke
a few notes on the Look:

i knew when i ordered it that it would be a love-it-or-hate-it bike. i guessed it would go about 50/50, but it seems to be a nearly unanimous 'not'. that's kewl. no problem with that.

i've found that as i've gotten older, i've become more fascinated with the Classics, especially the northern ones, than i am with the Tour or Giro. so when it was time for a new bike, i decided i'd do something to kinda pay my respects to van Looy, de Vlaeminck, Maertens, Merckx, and Boonen. so i did the bike in the Belgian national colors. a bike to honor the hard men. which matches my style perfectly, because God knows i don't bike pretty LOL

i'm not a fan of the stem. it's bulky and clunky, but it's proprietary. i'm not even sure another stem would fit with this system. and it's not that big a deal to me

the bars???? plain, simple shallow-drop ergo-bend Italian bars with plain black perforated tape. what's the problem with that? if you don't like the angle of 'em, well, they're really comfortable set right there when i'm in the drops

i guess in some highfalutin' bike races red and yellow paint aren't deemed race-worthy. i find that pretty funny, actually. i'm curious what colors bikes must be to be allowed into those races. i'm guessing that would apply to apparel as well. of course, i think the German, Belgian, and Spanish national champions would have a problem with these color requirements

so i took the clown bike out this morning and climbed a few Rockies. second best time ever. i rode the clown bike today because i'm faster on it than my Time or my Pinarello.

Don't forget my grandfather Fred De Bruyne
Old 06-29-13, 12:35 PM
smoke

Bikes: Time VXR ProTeam, Look 695, Pinarello Paris Carbon, Ridley Dean, Time ZXRS

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
how could i forget? my sincerest apologies, Chil. i'll think of him today when i'm on the clown bike. and i'll raise a Chimay to him tonight. i think i would have liked your grandpa:

https://www.cyclingnews.com/features/...fred-de-bruyne

Old 06-29-13, 12:43 PM
RJM
I'm doing it wrong.

Bikes: Rivendell Appaloosa, Rivendell Frank Jones Sr., Trek Fuel EX9, Kona Jake the Snake CR, Niner Sir9

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 9742 Post(s)
Liked 2,812 Times in 1,664 Posts
a few notes on the Look:

It really needs the red tires replaced with black...other than that I would give it a hot.
Old 06-29-13, 12:47 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
I like the Look. I'd take those big blocks of color over the busy, swoopy red/white/black schemes that are so popular.
Old 06-29-13, 12:48 PM
smoke

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i don't see the problem with the red tires, but your comment seems to be the general consensus. i'll re-consider

Old 06-29-13, 02:00 PM
chil2makefun

Bikes: Provex (centaur carbon) 2009 - cube litening super hpc race 2013

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
how could i forget? my sincerest apologies, Chil. i'll think of him today when i'm on the clown bike. and i'll raise a Chimay to him tonight. i think i would have liked your grandpa:

https://www.cyclingnews.com/features/...fred-de-bruyne
sweet, nevern seen this article before. Thanks
Old 06-29-13, 02:32 PM
sbxx1985 

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1934 Post(s)
Liked 282 Times in 158 Posts
Main setup this year with the psimet powertap, Enve compacts, and Romin Evo Pro.

KCNC C7s are in the box with SR EPS, Enve 65s in the bags. For the next bike.

Old 06-29-13, 03:42 PM
dkoernert

Bikes: 1999 Klein Quantum Race

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

1999 Klein Quantum Race. New bars and stem on the way, haven't quite finished tweaking it yet.
Old 06-29-13, 04:20 PM
rjones28 
Mostly Harmless

Bikes: Have two wheels

Mentioned: 169 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13766 Post(s)
Liked 4,578 Times in 2,530 Posts
Originally Posted by sbxx1985
Main setup this year with the psimet powertap, Enve compacts, and Romin Evo Pro.

Hot
Old 06-29-13, 06:07 PM
evolusean

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sbxx1985

Very Nice!!
Old 06-29-13, 06:45 PM
DerHoggz

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dkoernert

1999 Klein Quantum Race. New bars and stem on the way, haven't quite finished tweaking it yet.
Not. Frame has potential though.
Old 06-29-13, 07:48 PM
SpeshulEd 

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
f'it, here goes nothing. Still want to make some upgrades, but it's getting there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.