Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Advocacy & Safety
Reload this Page >

5 Years in Jail for Killing Cyclist

Search
Notices
Advocacy & Safety Cyclists should expect and demand safe accommodation on every public road, just as do all other users. Discuss your bicycle advocacy and safety concerns here.

5 Years in Jail for Killing Cyclist

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-11, 11:52 AM
KD5NRH

Bikes: 2010 Trek 7100

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 697 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by akohekohe
Well, I understand your sentiment but, although you can't bring back the dead, you can can compensate the dead man's family. I've got no problem allowing him to keep practicing law as long as he is forced to give the bulk of his earnings to the family.
He tampered with evidence and left the scene of a felony. There's no way in hell I want someone that ethically challenged giving legal advice. As for earning money to compensate the family, I'm sure Kansas needs some potholes filled or ditches dug.
Old 06-07-11, 07:07 PM
Chris516
24-Speed Machine

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Allez 24-Speed Road Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by dsprehe89
If it would have been a freak accident such as him just have seizure at the wrong time then I would say to just take his license away until he shows signs of not being likely of having one again........ but this was caused due to blatantly disobeying the law and DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE. Don't get me wrong, I love sitting down and relaxing with a beer or two just as much as the next guy, but I have never drank and drove.
I have seizures(controlled with meds) and quite frankly, I agree with you 100%. If I were to have a seizure, I would expect my right to ride my bike to be taken away for the same amount of time. Drinking n' driving is blatant disregard for others on the road.