Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

I'm getting a box!

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

I'm getting a box!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-20, 09:28 PM
SurferRosa
señor miembro

Bikes: '70s - '80s Campagnolo

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3890 Post(s)
Liked 6,488 Times in 3,211 Posts
I'm getting a box!
Sounds like a Herman's Hermits b-side.

or single.
Old 08-16-20, 04:15 PM
rosefarts
With a mighty wind

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 862 Times in 490 Posts
Sorry no pics yet. Some cool stuff though.

Seat 1 is an Ideale Record Type 80. Not quite brand new but stored indoors for the last 30 years. I ordered some proofide since it is pretty dry. Basically a Brooks but French and with silver rivets instead of brass. Not really my style.

Seat 2 I like quite a bit. It's a San Marco Concor in perfect condition. I like the Regal on the bike better but this is cool too.

The Silca pump. The head has been painted sparkly black and the body a sparkly gold exactly where the bike is those colors. I held it up against the top tube and it's clear that it was the previous owners solution to the same problem I was talking about in my water bottle thread. The only problem is that there is no pump peg on the bike. I would certainly use Velcro for a work of art like this but without a peg, it would probably rattle.

So the big question is, what can I use for a pump peg that isn't a harsh clamp on a beautiful old paint job? Is there an adhesive one? The lugs may be in the way too. I can take pics once I derig from the trip I just got home from.

Here's a pic of the picture I got. Signed by the photographer/previous owner of my bike/not the bike pictured. My wife said it will go perfectly in our living room. I can't argue with that.