Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

2016 Specialized Sirrus Pro Carbon - A stunning reverse on 2015's Drive Train

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

2016 Specialized Sirrus Pro Carbon - A stunning reverse on 2015's Drive Train

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-16, 07:44 PM
Sirrus17

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AVLThumper
You'll need a SRAM GXP bottom bracket. The FSA bottom bracket is wider to accommodate the FSA 386 standard.

Chainring size is dependent on your needs. I wouldn't be able to climb hills around here with a 46t.
So if I get a sram force gxp crankset it will fit the mega Evo bottom bracket on the bike?
Old 11-15-16, 06:33 AM
AVLThumper

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sirrus17
So if I get a sram force gxp crankset it will fit the mega Evo bottom bracket on the bike?
No. You will need a new bottom bracket to fit the shorter length SRAM Force 1 crankset spindle. The FSA BB is a strange 86mm length which requires a longer spindle. You could use a FSA carbon crankset if you don't want to purchase a new bottom bracket. The SRAM GXP BB utilizes the standard road length of 68mm and is threaded.
Old 11-15-16, 06:57 AM
Sirrus17

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No. You will need a new bottom bracket to fit the shorter length SRAM Force 1 crankset spindle. The FSA BB is a strange 86mm length which requires a longer spindle. You could use a FSA carbon crankset if you don't want to purchase a new bottom bracket. The SRAM GXP BB utilizes the standard road length of 68mm and is threaded.
Hi can u point me in the right direction of a BB that would fit a sram force gxp crankset, a link would be appreciated

Thanks
Old 11-15-16, 07:28 AM
AVLThumper

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sirrus17
Hi can u point me in the right direction of a BB that would fit a sram force gxp crankset, a link would be appreciated

Thanks
Just the standard SRAM GXP BB

https://www.sram.com/truvativ/produc...bottom-bracket
Old 06-26-17, 05:49 AM
outpost2015

Bikes: 2015 Specialized Epic Expert Carbon 29 WC, 2015 Specialized Sirrus Carbon Pro

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi, After a year or so, with the Flow Stem on my 2015 Sirrus Carbon Pro, I'm back on the search for a replacement ... can anybody advise a replacement headset, so I can fit a 'normal' stem, rather than the flow version I currently have ?
Old 07-02-17, 06:34 PM
AVLThumper

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by outpost2015
Hi, After a year or so, with the Flow Stem on my 2015 Sirrus Carbon Pro, I'm back on the search for a replacement ... can anybody advise a replacement headset, so I can fit a 'normal' stem, rather than the flow version I currently have ?
I have a 2016 X1 model. You don't need anything special to not use the "flow" stem. Your bike should have come with a FSA conical spacer. You can use any stem you want. Just take off the flow stem and spacers, put on the FSA conical spacer and however many regular 1 1/8 spacers you need. I ended up changing mine out for a specialized 24 degree comp stem and drop handlebars.
Old 07-03-17, 02:19 AM
outpost2015

Bikes: 2015 Specialized Epic Expert Carbon 29 WC, 2015 Specialized Sirrus Carbon Pro

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have a 2016 X1 model. You don't need anything special to not use the "flow" stem. Your bike should have come with a FSA conical spacer. You can use any stem you want. Just take off the flow stem and spacers, put on the FSA conical spacer and however many regular 1 1/8 spacers you need. I ended up changing mine out for a specialized 24 degree comp stem and drop handlebars.
Hi,
The problem is that the bike didn't come with a FSA Conical spacer, and I have yet to find a suitable one that will fit.
That is my only issue .... if you have a part number for the spacer you have, or can point me in the right direction, that would be great.
Old 07-03-17, 04:48 AM
AVLThumper

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by outpost2015
Hi,
The problem is that the bike didn't come with a FSA Conical spacer, and I have yet to find a suitable one that will fit.
That is my only issue .... if you have a part number for the spacer you have, or can point me in the right direction, that would be great.
Unfortunately, I do not have a part number. The next step I would try is to stop by a bike store that sells Specialized bikes and talk to one of the mechanics. They can look up your model bike and know exactly what FSA headset the bike uses. Once you know the model number, they can order just the conical spacer/dust cover that will fit. I can almost guarantee the model is going to be one of the most common headsets FSA offers.

Also, tell them you never received it in your "new owners pack". Mine was in with the instruction manual, owners manual, bleed blocks, etc.