Search
Notices
Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Did You Ride Today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-18, 02:50 PM
Juan Foote
LBKA (formerly punkncat)

Bikes: Spec Roubaix SL4, GT Traffic 1.0

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2208 Post(s)
Liked 960 Times in 686 Posts
7 more miles on the trainer today.
Ran into a couple of issues. I was putting my skewer back in and the springs/skewer got stuck in the hub. Had to go beat on it with a rubber mallet to get it loose. I have the springs in backwards for now...but was really odd. Going to look again tomorrow. Was mounting the wife's disk brake hybrid into the trainer and the skewer wasn't long enough. Can't seem to find anything in a search so hoping for someone in General to help a brother out with a link or something.

Doctor gave 'us' some pretty solemn news about our diet and lack of exercise over the last year.
Old 06-17-18, 09:51 AM
Juan Foote
LBKA (formerly punkncat)

Nice ride in Atlanta yesterday. The family and a friend of ours got together and rode up the Eastside Beltline, had lunch, and took a couple of photo ops. Where we had a plan to ride quite a bit more, the heat got overwhelming and we packed it in just around 7 miles. Unfortunately, the days libations and what I anticipate eating today are going to put me behind a week or more. Counting calories is tough work.

Looking forward to some more riding, perhaps this evening.
Old 06-19-18, 04:01 PM
RonH
Life is good

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey Helix Pro

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Had a nice ride on the Withlacoochee Trail today. Rode from Hernando to the north end and then south to Arlington Ave and then back to the car. I see lots of wildlife on the trail all the time but saw something different today.

Rode 27 miles.

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.

Last edited by RonH; 06-20-18 at 07:01 AM.
Old 06-19-18, 04:35 PM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked 736 Times in 469 Posts
That owl is really cool.

I'm heading out in a little while for a 40 or 50 mile loop through Paulding County GA - Acworth to Hiram to Dallas and back.

Lights don't need to come on until just before 9:00 PM. Even then my main light lasts three hours so I could do a metric after work if I wanted.

-Tim-

Last edited by TimothyH; 06-19-18 at 04:46 PM.
Old 06-19-18, 09:36 PM
Juan Foote
LBKA (formerly punkncat)

Another 30 minutes on the trainer tonight. Been out in the yard the past couple of days getting some brush I cut earlier in the season into a roll off as well. Got a ride planned tomorrow evening with a friend...so long as we can be strong and pass the Mexican joint....
Old 06-21-18, 10:26 AM
Juan Foote
LBKA (formerly punkncat)

Right at 12 miles, two trips around the cart paths down in PTC. Lots of construction going on, repaving, repairs, good stuff. Made one portion of the ride rather interesting as a tunnel was closed with no detour signs.
Old 07-04-18, 07:32 PM
JRoll

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I did! 25 miles on my Specialized Roll.
Old 07-08-18, 08:32 AM
Juan Foote
LBKA (formerly punkncat)

Been on a couple of rides, some more yard work, and one heck of a walk at the new Braves Stadium.

Whomever came up with the parking/bus access to this site should be punched hard in the no no spot. Seriously. $70 to park within a 1/4 mile. $35 to park a mile away. If you wanted to ride the train/bus it involves no less than three transfers with the last being a shuttle that can only carry a few people at a time. Great stadium, poor execution on location and logistics. Was good exercise though...
Old 07-08-18, 05:27 PM
Onegun
Oldie. Boy, howdy!

Bikes: 2005 Trek T2000 tandem, Giant TCR, Eddie Merckx Majestic Ti, Fuji Team, Giant Revel 29er, Windsor Clockwork (Orange) fixie, and a BikTrix Juggernaut Ultra 1000 fat tire eBike

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Juan Foote
Another 30 minutes on the trainer tonight. Been out in the yard the past couple of days getting some brush I cut earlier in the season into a roll off as well. Got a ride planned tomorrow evening with a friend...so long as we can be strong and pass the Mexican joint....
Aaahhh! We used to pass the Mexican joints back when I was a young man! Acapulco Gold, Oaxacan Red, ....
BICYCLE - [[I]bahy-si-kuhl] - Noun :> A medical device used to correct the common geriatric condition of OFS, (Old, Fat & Slow), in a manner that does not induce brain-decaying boredom like walking or running.

2005 Trek T2000 tandem, Giant TCR, Eddie Merckx Majestic Ti, Fuji Team, Giant Revel 29er, Windsor Clockwork (Orange) fixie, and a BikTrix Juggernaut Ultra 1000 fat tire eBike
Old 07-11-18, 03:02 AM
Hello07

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
As the weather was great today, I went out for a ride. 20 miles approximately 30 minutes. It was a wonderful day.
Old 07-11-18, 05:55 PM
RonH
Life is good

Originally Posted by Hello07
As the weather was great today, I went out for a ride. 20 miles approximately 30 minutes. It was a wonderful day.
That's 40 miles an hour. Were you on a motorcycle?

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.
Old 07-11-18, 11:20 PM
Onegun
Oldie. Boy, howdy!

Bikes: 2005 Trek T2000 tandem, Giant TCR, Eddie Merckx Majestic Ti, Fuji Team, Giant Revel 29er, Windsor Clockwork (Orange) fixie, and a BikTrix Juggernaut Ultra 1000 fat tire eBike

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RonH
You beat me to it, Ron! (Hello old friend, btw! Sorry I went dark for a year or so. Life.) Let's see. Two days ago, eight of the youngest and strongest cyclists in the world racing in the Tour de France's Team Time Trial managed to maintain an average of 34 mph over the 22 mile course. I think they need to sign Hello07 to a multi-year deal!! He was 6 miles an hour faster than that on his own!

Sorry Hello07, just couldn't resist!! I see you're new here, but you've really got to watch "guesstimates" around a bunch of cyclometer crazy cyclists! (Which is pretty much all of us!) And whatever you do, DO NOT post in the Racing forum without knowing the exact speed, exact distance, exact gearing used, exact crank arm length, bike weight, tire size, waist size, and what you had for breakfast that day! And always remember that, when it comes to racing, the first liar doesn't stand a chance!;-)

Welcome to the forums, but do be careful what you step in!

Bill
BICYCLE - [[I]bahy-si-kuhl] - Noun :> A medical device used to correct the common geriatric condition of OFS, (Old, Fat & Slow), in a manner that does not induce brain-decaying boredom like walking or running.

2005 Trek T2000 tandem, Giant TCR, Eddie Merckx Majestic Ti, Fuji Team, Giant Revel 29er, Windsor Clockwork (Orange) fixie, and a BikTrix Juggernaut Ultra 1000 fat tire eBike
Old 07-12-18, 06:53 AM
RonH
Life is good

Originally Posted by Onegun
You beat me to it, Ron! (Hello old friend, btw! Sorry I went dark for a year or so. Life.)
Bill
Hey Bill. Glad you're back. Since I now live in Lecanto (where the hell is that???) I don't ride the Suncoast Trail very often. I was down there in May for the first time in a few years. If you scroll back a bit you'll see my post with construction pics.

Old 07-14-18, 12:57 PM
RonH
Life is good

Did my last ride on the Litespeed today

Did I fool ya? Took the wheels in to have the hubs overhauled. The wheels were hand built in 2010/2011 and have never needed any adjustment. But they don't spin as freely as the wheels on the Lynskey so off to the shop they went cause I don't have cone wrenches, etc. The last time I worked on hubs was 2007-2009 when I worked at the bike shop.

Old 07-14-18, 03:36 PM
Hello07

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well, it was just a typing error! I didn't notice it, if I were I would have been edit it. It took 90 mins for me. To ride 10 miles usually it takes anywhere 40 to 45 mins for me.
Old 07-14-18, 06:46 PM
Onegun
Oldie. Boy, howdy!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
There's no jealousy. The two bikes are cousins. The Lynskey was made by the Lynskey family sons. The Litespeed was made by their father.
Actually, I believe that would make the Lynskey the grandson of the Litespeed. I have the bastard cousin!

I don't think I had this one when we were riding together, Ron. It's a 2003/4 full Ti Merckx Majestic, (made by Litespeed) with a Reynolds Ouzo Pro fork and a Chris King headset. It's not together yet, (give me a break! I've only owned it for 3 years!), but I'm going to try and find the time between now and September 1. Problem is I need to do a three way component swap. I have a Campagnolo Daytona grouppo, (now extinct), that's on my Giant TCR and is going to go on the Merckx. When I read about people putting anything other than Campy on on a Merckx, I get a little nauseous. ;-)

Then I need to rebuild the TCR with the Ultegra grouppo that's on my old Fuji Team. And I have a lower end Shimano grouppo to put on the Fuji. That'll give me the most durable/repairable components on the most durable long distance bike, (the Merckx), the lightest components on the lightest bike, (the TCR), and the cheapest components on the cheapest bike, (the old beater, the Fuji). My mountain bike, tandem and fixie are just going to have to get over their jealousy.

And then maybe I can ride today!

Old 07-14-18, 08:02 PM
RonH
Life is good

Good luck Bill. You'll have to post pics of the bikes when you finish swapping all the components.

Old 07-16-18, 10:01 AM
RonH
Life is good

Took the Lynskey out today. The Litespeed is on the DL. It was HOT when I got to the Withlacoochee Trail (78F @ 7:30). Did a quick ride to the north end and back.

Old 07-16-18, 11:04 AM
Onegun
Oldie. Boy, howdy!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Took the Lynskey out today. The Litespeed is on the DL. It was HOT when I got to the Withlacoochee Trail (78F @ 7:30). Did a quick ride to the north end and back.
Yep, we're heading into the "trip 90's". That's the wondrous time here in Florida where it's 90 degrees and 90 percent humidity for 90 days straight! You ride at daylight or not at all.

Old 07-27-18, 05:13 PM
RonH
Life is good

The daily rain and out-of-town company (now gone) have kept me off the bike since July 16. Rode the Litespeed (with newly rebuilt hubs) to the north end and back. Got a late start (9:30) so needless to say it was HOT.

Old 07-30-18, 06:23 PM
RonH
Life is good

After last night's rain the morning temps were cooler so had a nice ride from Hernando to the north end of the trail and back.

Old 08-07-18, 03:22 PM
RonH
Life is good

Took the Lynskey out today. The temps weren't too bad at 7AM. Is summer winding down? You must be kidding. It will be summer till early-mid October.
Rode from Hernando to the north end and back. I think my ROX 5.0 is on it's last legs. I've dropped it on the garage floor too many times and the case is coming apart. Time for new computer soon.

Old 08-16-18, 03:47 PM
RonH
Life is good

Took the Lynskey out today for its first ride with the new computer. Rode from hernando to the north end and then south to the north side of Inverness and then back to Hernando for a total of 29 miles. The temps seem to be getting better because it was "comfortable" when I got back to the car at 10:15.

Old 08-18-18, 09:42 AM
RonH
Life is good

Took the Litespeed out today and for some reason rode faster than my usual rides. Not sure why? Maybe my "diet / modified eating plan" is working.

Old 08-21-18, 01:45 PM
RonH
Life is good

Got a late start today (8:30AM) but it wasn't too bad. Did my usual ride to the north end of the Withlacoochee Trail and back to Hernando.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.