Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Light Bicycle Wheels

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Light Bicycle Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-19, 07:01 AM
Marcus_Ti
FLIR Kitten to 0.05C

Bikes: Roadie: Seven Axiom Race Ti w/Chorus 11s. CX/Adventure: Carver Gravel Grinder w/ Di2

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2349 Post(s)
Liked 406 Times in 254 Posts
Originally Posted by deepakvrao
Are those white decals or stealth decals on my wheels? Looks like stealth right?
Those are white. Stealth would be a black LB logo by the valve steam and black accent lines opposite.
Old 04-12-19, 07:07 AM
Rides4Beer

Bikes: SuperSix Evo | Revolt

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 733 Post(s)
Liked 815 Times in 414 Posts
Originally Posted by deepakvrao
Still cant quite wrap my head around that.
Originally Posted by Sy Reene
yeah.. i've been doing 360s with my laptop and I must be dense as I'm not seeing it.
Here ya go, highlighted the area of the valve decal that is represented in the larger logo.

Old 04-12-19, 07:11 AM
Sy Reene
Advocatus Diaboli

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene, Nashbar steel CX

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4739 Post(s)
Liked 1,533 Times in 1,004 Posts
Originally Posted by Rides4Beer
Here ya go, highlighted the area of the valve decal that is represented in the larger logo.

Thanks! But I'm hopeless. I'm still not seeing a LB in what you highlighted, or the is logo not supposed to show lettering?
Old 04-12-19, 07:43 AM
Rides4Beer

Thanks! But I'm hopeless. I'm still not seeing a LB in what you highlighted, or the is logo not supposed to show lettering?

Old 04-12-19, 09:50 AM
Marcus_Ti
FLIR Kitten to 0.05C

Bikes: Roadie: Seven Axiom Race Ti w/Chorus 11s. CX/Adventure: Carver Gravel Grinder w/ Di2

Something this fork in the thread made me realise...was just how understated their graphics depatment went. No SCREAMING LOUD CAPITAL LETTERS LOGOS, for once.
Old 04-12-19, 09:53 AM
noodle soup

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 4717 Post(s)
Liked 1,882 Times in 998 Posts
Originally Posted by Marcus_Ti
Those are white. Stealth would be a black LB logo by the valve steam and black accent lines opposite.
Those are stealth, not white. Stealth logos are grey, not black.
Old 04-12-19, 09:59 AM
Marcus_Ti
FLIR Kitten to 0.05C

Originally Posted by noodle soup
Those are stealth, not white. Stealth logos are grey, not black.
Huh...not sure what mine are then . The logos are black....and actually, hard to photograph, looking through my photos the best they turned out was fresh out of the box.
Old 04-12-19, 10:15 AM
noodle soup

Huh...not sure what mine are then . The logos are black....and actually, hard to photograph, looking through my photos the best they turned out was fresh out of the box.
looks like black logos to me..

Last edited by noodle soup; 04-12-19 at 10:19 AM.
Old 04-12-19, 10:44 AM
BigPoser

Bikes: BAHL Giro, BAHL Uno, BAHL GVL, Cuevas

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Pricing on these seem to be really good. Very tempted to get some 46mm with Novatec for a solid budget race wheel.
Old 04-12-19, 11:00 AM
Sy Reene
Advocatus Diaboli

Interesting question.. per LB ordering pages, there is no "Black" option, just stealth or white.
Old 04-12-19, 11:03 AM
noodle soup

Originally Posted by BigPoser
Pricing on these seem to be really good. Very tempted to get some 46mm with Novatec for a solid budget race wheel.
I don't think you'll find a better wheelset for the $$$
Old 04-12-19, 11:21 AM
Sy Reene
Advocatus Diaboli

Hmm. I wonder if you got the 'stealth' decal they're supposed to use if you spec a glossy finish for the rims, and they have a different 'stealth' decal for rims specced as matte?
Old 04-12-19, 11:31 AM
noodle soup

Interesting question.. per LB ordering pages, there is no "Black" option, just stealth or white.
Marcus_Ti bought his from the North American distributor, and they specify that all wheels come with black decals standard. Robbyville also has black decals on his wheelset(ordered from the NA distributor).
Old 04-12-19, 11:35 AM
surak

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Canyon Inflite AL SLX, Ibis Ripley AF, Priority Continuum Onyx, Santana Vision, Kent Dual-Drive Tandem

Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Liked 726 Times in 436 Posts
Ugh, I told myself (and more importantly, my partner) that I wasn't going to buy new wheels so soon after getting a new bike so I could at least space out the upgrades, but this thread is making it very difficult to keep my word!
Old 04-12-19, 11:41 AM
Sy Reene
Advocatus Diaboli

Marcus_Ti bought his from the North American distributor, and they specify that all wheels come with black decals standard. Robbyville also has black decals on his wheelset(ordered from the NA distributor).
ahh.. that explains it. You'd think that the NA rim product comes from the same factory (in asia?) with clearcoat already applied, so curious that black isn't therefore available from the Global site too.
Old 04-12-19, 11:44 AM
noodle soup

ahh.. that explains it. You'd think that the NA rim product comes from the same factory (in asia?) with clearcoat already applied, so curious that black isn't therefore available from the Global site too.
It probably is available upon request.
Old 04-12-19, 11:52 AM
Rides4Beer

Something this fork in the thread made me realise...was just how understated their graphics depatment went. No SCREAMING LOUD CAPITAL LETTERS LOGOS, for once.
Definitely. Aside from the great quality and value, I think they have some of the best graphics out there, and I'll admit it, aesthetics matter.
Old 04-12-19, 12:00 PM
Marcus_Ti
FLIR Kitten to 0.05C

That would do it, forgot about that.
Old 04-14-19, 02:52 PM
Deceiver

Bikes: 2018 Domane SL5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just found this thread and figured I'd register and throw in my experience.

I bought their RR46C02 wheelset.
Went with DT Swiss 240s, Rim Brake, 20H/24H with the 36 Tooth upgrade, Sapim CX Ray Black J-bend with Brass nipples.

Of course in my haste to get test them out I had mounted the tires before weighing them.
I've mounted Continental GP5000 28mm Clinchers on them which at 45 front 55 reare PSI measure to around 29.30mm.
I weigh around 138lbs.
Speaking of, mounting the tires, rolling them on wasn't too difficult but for me levers were a necessity and it definitely can be tricky and frustrating.

I've got about 500 miles on them and absolutely love them so far, they feel fast and sound amazing when brought up to speed.
Aesthetics aside I find the ride to be much more comfortable and enjoyable, they feel and handle really well.
For me I found they like to hold around 20mph with relative ease.

I have a few pictures I could share once able to.
Old 04-15-19, 11:34 PM
superdex
staring at the mountains

Bikes: Obed GVR, Fairdale Goodship, Salsa Timberjack 29

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Liked 197 Times in 112 Posts
Just pulled the trigger. My rainy day drip savings hit the right number, and someone has a bday coming up:

RRU45C02 (45x25 U shape, graphene brake track)
Novatec hubs (because Campy and these will be 98% dry weather wheels)
Sapim X-Rays
Stealth logos

Pics when they arrive...
Old 04-15-19, 11:41 PM
MinnMan

Bikes: 2022 Salsa Beargrease Carbon Deore 11, 2020 Salsa Warbird GRX 600, 2020 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX disc 9.0 Di2, 2020 Catrike Eola, 2016 Masi cxgr, 2011, Felt F3 Ltd, 2010 Trek 2.1, 2009 KHS Flite 220

Quoted: 4394 Post(s)
Liked 3,017 Times in 1,866 Posts
Anybody else find their web site/order form ( https://www.lightbicycle.com/) to be tricky to navigate? I choose a wheelset (700C Falcon rims, 55 mm deep, etc.) and then as I choose options, wonky things happen (e.g., I choose non-disc brakes, then make some other choices, and the option for non-disc brakes disappears; as I make other selections -spoke type, spoke count, etc, -other, selections I have made vanish, so that I can never complete the form) . Is it a browser issue? I'm using an up to date version of Chrome on a Macbook.

Or is it possible I'm somehow choosing unavailable combinations?

Likely, I'm doing something stupid.

Last edited by MinnMan; 04-15-19 at 11:51 PM.
Old 04-15-19, 11:42 PM
noodle soup

Originally Posted by superdex
Just pulled the trigger. My rainy day drip savings hit the right number, and someone has a bday coming up:

RRU45C02 (45x25 U shape, graphene brake track)
Novatec hubs (because Campy and these will be 98% dry weather wheels)
Sapim X-Rays
Stealth logos

Pics when they arrive...
If your birthday is around 5/15, you'll have a sweet present.
Old 04-15-19, 11:52 PM
noodle soup

Originally Posted by MinnMan
Anybody else find their online web site ( https://www.lightbicycle.com/) to be tricky to navigate? I choose a wheelset (700C Falcon rims, 55 mm deep, etc.) and then as I choose options, wonky things happen (e.g., I choose non-disc brakes, then make some other choices, and the option for non-disc brakes disappears; as I make other selections -spoke type, spoke count, etc, -other, selections I have made vanish, so that I can never complete the form) . Is it a browser issue? I'm using an up to date version of Chrome on a Macbook.
I haven't seen this problem, but if you are having issues with their website, I'm sure they will respond to an email quickly.
Old 04-16-19, 02:32 AM
deepakvrao

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts
Anybody else find their web site/order form ( https://www.lightbicycle.com/) to be tricky to navigate? I choose a wheelset (700C Falcon rims, 55 mm deep, etc.) and then as I choose options, wonky things happen (e.g., I choose non-disc brakes, then make some other choices, and the option for non-disc brakes disappears; as I make other selections -spoke type, spoke count, etc, -other, selections I have made vanish, so that I can never complete the form) . Is it a browser issue? I'm using an up to date version of Chrome on a Macbook.

Never had an issue, and I have navigated that website a number of times. In fact one of their FAQ links was not working and when I pointed it out, they had it set right in a few hours.
Old 04-16-19, 05:20 AM
Sy Reene
Advocatus Diaboli

No, it's not you, it's the website (Global one anyway). Things like the spoke count change depending on the axle type. Or (eg with DT350), if you select 28H for the front wheel, the 28H option for the rear wheel immediately disappears, etc.. Some stuff is wonky.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.