Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Your Most Recent Cycling-related Purchase

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Your Most Recent Cycling-related Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-24, 08:06 AM
eduskator

Bikes: SL8 Pro, TCR beater

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 994 Post(s)
Liked 588 Times in 442 Posts
Box of SIS beta fuel gels for longer rides. I love them, my legs and stomach too. The mix of fast and low sugar is perfect for endurance.

Likes For eduskator:
Old 04-25-24, 11:34 PM
jsigone
got the climbing bug

Bikes: one for everything

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked 920 Times in 279 Posts
new wheel day, wrapped in 30c GP5S_TR
Rule #10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster.
Likes For jsigone:
Old 04-27-24, 07:38 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 772 Post(s)
Liked 1,770 Times in 1,025 Posts
Orange Seal Endurance

Likes For jaxgtr:
Old 05-04-24, 07:51 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 772 Post(s)
Liked 1,770 Times in 1,025 Posts
After looking at all my rides on the CheckPoint since it got built up, I have never used any of the cogs over the 36 when I ride in my local area, only when I took the bike to GA once, where it worked out extremely well, so I decided to pick up the XPLR setup to run with my 1x Setup. I run a 46 tooth chain ring, so this should work out well and will give tighter cogs spacing on the flats and then when I head somewhere extremely hilly, I can just swap out the cassette, chain, RD, and hub body and be ready to go in less than 30 mins.

Rival XPLR eTap AXS Rear Derailleur 12 speed
Rival XPLR XG-1251 Cassette 10-44 12 speed - figure this would give me more options for areas with smaller hills and terrain versus being hamstrung with a 36 tooth.
Force AXS Flattop chain 12 speed
Bontrager Rapid Drive 12-Speed XDR Driver Body

Old 05-05-24, 10:39 AM
Troul 

Bikes: RSO E-tire dropper fixie brifter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 3,003 Times in 1,930 Posts
Originally Posted by jaxgtr
After looking at all my rides on the CheckPoint since it got built up, I have never used any of the cogs over the 36 when I ride in my local area, only when I took the bike to GA once, where it worked out extremely well, so I decided to pick up the XPLR setup to run with my 1x Setup. I run a 46 tooth chain ring, so this should work out well and will give tighter cogs spacing on the flats and then when I head somewhere extremely hilly, I can just swap out the cassette, chain, RD, and hub body and be ready to go in less than 30 mins.

Rival XPLR eTap AXS Rear Derailleur 12 speed
Rival XPLR XG-1251 Cassette 10-44 12 speed - figure this would give me more options for areas with smaller hills and terrain versus being hamstrung with a 36 tooth.
Force AXS Flattop chain 12 speed
Bontrager Rapid Drive 12-Speed XDR Driver Body
any change with the front brifter or leaving it as is?
Old 05-05-24, 11:55 AM
SoSmellyAir
Method to My Madness

Bikes: Trek FX 2, Cannondale Synapse x2, Cannondale CAAD4, Santa Cruz Stigmata 3

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1972 Post(s)
Liked 1,496 Times in 1,037 Posts
Garmin Edge 540 and two K-Edge Race mounts (of different color); RideWithGPS app consumes iPhone battery at prodigious rate when navigating with Varia.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.