Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Let's Build My Peter Mooney.

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Let's Build My Peter Mooney.

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-20, 07:53 AM
J.Higgins 
2-Wheeled Fool

Bikes: Surly Ogre, Brompton

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1385 Post(s)
Liked 677 Times in 457 Posts
Originally Posted by KonAaron Snake
I'm truly puzzled about how fresh frames gets so much less attention than some other painters who are far less talented. Sometimes it's a bit glossy/thick, but he does amazing work. Of my three Mooneys, the fresh frames is by far the prettiest. Gorgeous velo.

The bike community tends to over hype stuff on the west coast.
I'm resonating your musings. Despite the fact that I'm a die-hard, stodgy old self-reliant yankee, I regret that paint was never something that I ever got into more than a rattle-can job. Now that I'm into restorations, I want to do it all myself rather than farm it out. Alas, I will probably just plod along the way I am for now.
Old 01-07-20, 01:09 PM
Salamandrine 

Bikes: 78 Masi Criterium, 68 PX10, 2016 Mercian King of Mercia, Rivendell Clem Smith Jr

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2317 Post(s)
Liked 597 Times in 430 Posts
Originally Posted by mhespenheide
It's 100% your choice on aesthetics, but to me it's crying out to have the "suits" cutouts in the head tube switched to white. I could deal if they were all yellow, but the green is not the right look.
I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder because I really like the contrasting colors in the suits. Even the green....