Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Help me build my first bike. Colnago Dream

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Help me build my first bike. Colnago Dream

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-21, 08:42 PM
kingjason

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I have silky smooth brakes now. I don't know if I can 100 percent blame the Shimano cables although I think the Jag was a little more flexible. I will say it is wayyyy easier to run new cables in the bars when you already have a set in there. I ran the long one first with no issues and it was super smooth, plus the ends fit better in the holders on the frame. Then I ran the left side and it was tight the first time. Pulled the housing a little and cut it, ran it again, smooth as butter. The shifting was spot on the other day after some adjusting so I don't plan on pulling those yet. We should be good now. Thanks gents.
Likes For kingjason:
Old 03-20-21, 08:05 AM
Gokhanmurat

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Colnago Dream

Hi,

I have exactly same frame. I have tried to put dura ace 9100 rear derailleur on it but couldnt make it. This is an old scholl frame and has own derailleur not the external one. So could you end up building your bike with ultegra 8000? If so how did you make it?

thanks.
Old 03-20-21, 08:50 AM
Sonofamechanic 
Go Ride!

Bikes: Klein Quantum Pro, Klein Attitude, Azuki SS, Merckx AXM, Klein Quantum Race, Klein Quantum

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked 155 Times in 87 Posts
Originally Posted by Gokhanmurat
Hi,

I have exactly same frame. I have tried to put dura ace 9100 rear derailleur on it but couldnt make it. This is an old scholl frame and has own derailleur not the external one. So could you end up building your bike with ultegra 8000? If so how did you make it?

thanks.
if you have exactly the same Colnago frame it should have a rear derailleur ‘hanger’ to bolt the derailleur directly on—see pic below for an example. If you don’t have one of these it gets a bit more complicated but is still do-able. Let us know.
Old 03-20-21, 07:31 PM
Gokhanmurat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Colnago Dream

Thanks for your reply but that is not what I have. That one is a removable drop out/hanger. What I have is part of the frame not the removable one. I ve seen your frame that is exactly same as mine dream b stay , carbon one. I am a new member so can not upload a photo, sorry.
Old 03-20-21, 08:01 PM
Sonofamechanic 
Go Ride!

Bikes: Klein Quantum Pro, Klein Attitude, Azuki SS, Merckx AXM, Klein Quantum Race, Klein Quantum

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked 155 Times in 87 Posts
Yep—that was just an example—the important thing is you have it....so to answer your initial question, to get a rear “external” derailleur you bolt it on to that hanger. You said your bike has an “internal” derailleur...do you mean the gears are in the hub itself? If so, you will need a different rear wheel to match up with the new “external” derailleur.
Old 03-20-21, 08:25 PM
Gokhanmurat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Colnago Dream

Thanks I see now. I ll get a new hanger and hope It is done.
Old 03-20-21, 08:59 PM
kingjason

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I ordered one hanger from some hanger specialty shop and one from Mother Russia for 10.00 bucks. The one from Russia took months to get here but looks nice. The other one took 3 days and works great.

https://derailleurhanger.com/manufac...unting=outside

Oh and just FYI this thing is fast. A little big for me but it moves.