Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

How to Lose Me As a Loyal Customer

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

How to Lose Me As a Loyal Customer

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-21, 07:12 PM
Danhedonia

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 95 Posts
You're not riding outside in Albuquerque in March. And spare me the tough-guy stance.

Koyote - don't agree at all. Customer experiences are important; customers' feelings about a brand are paramount.

After the initial kerfuffle Wahoo is selling me another and doing an exchange. Nice folks.
Old 03-15-21, 07:31 PM
Koyote

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 6972 Post(s)
Liked 10,971 Times in 4,692 Posts
Originally Posted by Danhedonia
You're not riding outside in Albuquerque in March. And spare me the tough-guy stance.
I would kill for the weather that you have in Albuquerque right now.
Likes For Koyote:
Old 03-15-21, 08:03 PM
downhillmaster

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked 776 Times in 402 Posts

Koyote - don't agree at all. Customer experiences are important; customers' feelings about a brand are paramount.

After the initial kerfuffle Wahoo is selling me another and doing an exchange. Nice folks.
The teacher whining about the horrors of trying to teach online and in-person at the same time while doing a little disinfecting is calling someone out.
Good stuff.
Why is it not surprising that you can’t handle riding outside in 50 - 60 degree weather lol
Likes For downhillmaster:
Old 03-16-21, 06:55 AM
Koyote

I rode 30 miles yesterday -- the high temp was 39 degrees.

The high temp in ABQ was 64 degrees.

Does this make me a "tough guy"?

Likes For Koyote:
Old 03-16-21, 07:01 AM
Germany_chris
I’m a little Surly

Bikes: Two Cross Checks, a Karate Monkey, a Disc Trucker, and a VO Randonneur

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked 1,294 Times in 647 Posts
To be fair I wouldn't ride in NM in August, when it's a hundred and something I'm drinking a beer not riding my bike
Old 03-16-21, 07:07 AM
Reflector Guy

Bikes: Bianchi Infinito XE, Via Nirone 7, GT Aggressor Pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 599 Post(s)
Liked 1,271 Times in 588 Posts
Originally Posted by Germany_chris
To be fair I wouldn't ride in NM in August, when it's a hundred and something I'm drinking a beer not riding my bike
Indeed; March in NM is probably preferable to August.

Now that the clocks have changed, I can ride again after work. Something to look forward to, even in Chicago in March (and it snowed here yesterday).
Old 03-16-21, 07:10 AM
Germany_chris
I’m a little Surly

Bikes: Two Cross Checks, a Karate Monkey, a Disc Trucker, and a VO Randonneur

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked 1,294 Times in 647 Posts
Originally Posted by Reflector Guy

Now that the clocks have changed, I can ride again after work. Something to look forward to, even in Chicago in March (and it snowed here yesterday).
I don't mind the snow, and I like the cold but lemme tell ya -10 with a 30mph means I'm not hitting the road (looking at you Watertown)
Old 03-16-21, 01:45 PM
Cyclist0108
Occam's Rotor

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 2366 Post(s)
Liked 2,331 Times in 1,164 Posts
Originally Posted by Reflector Guy

I grew up in Chicago, but live uphill from Monterey Bay now. If it makes you feel better, it snowed a bit here yesterday, too.
Old 03-16-21, 01:53 PM
Cyclist0108
Occam's Rotor

Originally Posted by Koyote
Never got a response to this, so double-checked the original post: unit was purchased in August 2019. OP reports seeing a problem "recently." And the device comes with a one-year warranty.

So, problems were pretty obviously reported AFTER warranty expired. Mfr still sent a FedEx label for return, but told OP "don't expect to see a replacement right away," suggesting that they will actually replace it, even though it is out-of-warranty...But it might take a while, like pretty much everything in the Covid era. And the OP is pissed about this?

Shoot, I regret taking this seriously and offering input in the first place. Wish I had read more carefully.
That certainly explains their exasperation. They try to go the extra mile, and get what they perceive is a rebuke.
Likes For Cyclist0108:
Old 03-16-21, 03:37 PM
downhillmaster

Originally Posted by wgscott
That certainly explains their exasperation. They try to go the extra mile, and get what they perceive is a rebuke.
Yep.
Goofy consumer drama.
At one point OP even referenced that his feelings as a customer are ‘paramount’ lol.
Too bad facts don’t care about your feelings. Especially when you appear to be out of warranty and then even miss what amounted to basically an extended offer of assistance
Likes For downhillmaster:
Old 03-16-21, 05:29 PM
Koyote

Originally Posted by wgscott
I grew up in Chicago, but live uphill from Monterey Bay now. If it makes you feel better, it snowed a bit here yesterday, too.
OT: My sister and her family lived uphill from Monterey Bay for many years -- I forget the name of the street, but about 3-4 blocks uphill from the entrance to the MB Aquarium. Fantastic area. They just got tired of saving $50k each year for a down payment, and watching the price of a starter home rise by $100k.
Likes For Koyote:
Old 03-16-21, 05:37 PM
Wildwood 
Veteran, Pacifist

Bikes: Bikes??? Thought this was social media?!?

Mentioned: 284 Post(s)
Quoted: 3900 Post(s)
Liked 4,843 Times in 2,232 Posts
these complaint threads always degenerate into chit-chat, mudslinging or both.
Old 03-16-21, 06:07 PM
Cyclist0108
Occam's Rotor

Originally Posted by Koyote
OT: My sister and her family lived uphill from Monterey Bay for many years -- I forget the name of the street, but about 3-4 blocks uphill from the entrance to the MB Aquarium. Fantastic area. They just got tired of saving $50k each year for a down payment, and watching the price of a starter home rise by $100k.
We are uphill as in 1700ft in the Santa Cruz "mountains" at the poor folks end of the Bay, where starter homes are only $1.5M now. Even in the middle of a carbonized burn area.
Likes For Cyclist0108:
Old 03-16-21, 06:38 PM
Camilo

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1109 Post(s)
Liked 1,200 Times in 760 Posts
I'm speaking as someone who would do almost anything to avoid riding an indoor trainer, so I have a little less sympathy for the waiting for replacement part of this discussion. I'd do everything listed above, including Zoom Zumba before riding an indoor trainer. But I understand, the OP really likes and needs to do it. But glancing at the NOAA weather forecast for Albuquerque for the next week+ Clear skies, highs low 60s to mid 70s. It doesn't list wind, and I know that can be an issue in that part of the world. But those are the temps frequently mentioned in a thread I read recently asking for perfect riding temps. Hopefully there will be enough daylight after OP's work duties to give riding in such frigid weather a try.
Likes For Camilo:
Old 03-16-21, 06:41 PM
guachi

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 327 Times in 179 Posts
The weather in Albuquerque right now looks near idyllic. This is the perfect time to be without a trainer and ride outside. Send the Kickr to Wahoo and enjoy weather that isn't stupid hot or cold.
Likes For guachi:
Old 03-16-21, 08:21 PM
cbrstar
BMX Connoisseur

Bikes: 1988 Kuwahara Newport, 1983 Nishiki, 1984 Diamond Back Viper, 1991 Dyno Compe

Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked 108 Times in 69 Posts
I wonder since the OP bought it in 2019 if it actually a 2018 model? Wahoo CEO Details Fixes for Issues Surrounding KICKR 2018 & KICKR CORE | DC Rainmaker heres a video Wahoo KICKR18/CORE Issues: Discussion with Wahoo CEO - Bing video Probably a lemon.

But 1 month replacement isn't unreasonable at all. With covid things like shipping and sourcing parts have been a gong show for everyone. Maybe go ride an actual bike for a month?
Old 03-16-21, 10:20 PM
Danhedonia

Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 95 Posts
Shouldn't you all be overeating after a grueling 20 mile charity ride?
Likes For Danhedonia:
Old 03-17-21, 03:25 AM
Troul 

Bikes: RSO E-tire dropper fixie brifter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2,980 Times in 1,921 Posts
lol

Sadly, I prepped way to far in advance with the overeating. :sadface:
Old 03-17-21, 03:47 AM
downhillmaster

Uh oh.
The Wahoo warrior/teacher that can’t handle riding outside in 55 degree weather has just layed down the smack
Old 03-18-21, 12:03 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4359 Post(s)
Liked 4,001 Times in 2,670 Posts
Thanks - truly appreciate it. You're right - I should be grateful instead of resentful. I wondered why I felt so salty, and went back and just really didn't like the first email. The rest is me just being ... dehydrated, and stressed out about giving up riding for even a moment.

Which has to do more with work than Wahoo Fitness. Thanks for helping screw my head back on straight.
No worries, thanks for doing what you do. It is a super stressful time and we all have our moments. I lost it on a customer last year because my head was spinning. It wasn't intentional and I felt bad immediately afterwards but it happened and it is what it is.

Hopefully things will start to clear up this year and we can hopefully have a touch less stress.