Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Where'd You Ride Today? (New & Improved)

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Where'd You Ride Today? (New & Improved)

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-12, 04:53 AM
WNG
Spin Forest! Spin!

Bikes: I used to have many. And I Will again.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
I don't know what possessed me to attempt this ride on Saturday! I had no justification to think I was ready. Given my level of fitness due to being idle from surgery, my bike's untested gearing for climbs, the lack of doing any climbs to date, and only 4 hours of sleep on top of it all. It must be the post-holiday funk, da blues, vanity, mid-life crisis, temporary insanity, or brain fart!
I took on the only real climb in my area, Usery Pass Rd. It is a sweeping and rolling 6.6 mile road that takes you to Usery Mountain, and tops off at 2015 ft. An exciting descent into the Salt River Recreation Area to the north. It is also the final leg of the Tour de Phoenix bicycle race. It's a punishing climb heading back south. It's a popular spot for bike racers and tri-athletes. I started off from my garage on my Trek 1000 and rode to its base instead of driving there like some do. The ride is flat so my legs were fresh and warmed up. I commenced my 3.5 mile ascent. I haven't climbed anything close to this in years! The Trek has the lowest gearing for the moment with a 39x26, and I assumed it should be enough. It was a cloudy 68F day, and I began to sweat profusely. I began to run out of gearing around 2.5 miles and the climb was torturous. I decided to stop upon reaching Usery Mountain Park. I took the opportunity to take a few pics for non believers. And some tourists stopped to take a pic of me in my Hind tights!

Once I got my legs back, the last leg of the climb was easier as the grade leveled off. Then came the fantastic view and exciting high speed descent! Long and steep. I was never that great a climber, more a sprinter. I forgot how much the climbs and the rewarding descents are such a part of what makes riding so fulfilling and fun. I grabbed a few pics of the view. It's a wonderful view with Red Mountain, and Fountain Hills in the distant left, and Four Peaks to the right. And an open valley in front of you as drop towards it. 3.3 miles as fast as your big ring can do. I was going at around 45mph.

The return leg begins when I hit Bush Hwy. I knew ahead of time that I was going to pay for my downhill fun. It was much steeper a climb on the north end. My 26t cog wasn't enough! I was beat...the little engine that could, couldn't. I ground away slowly, cursing for not having a 28t cog. I couldn't stop and lose momentum. It seemed endless to me. When I had done a little over 2 miles, I needed to stop, but there was no place to pull over to rest. Cactus, gravel, sand and flood washes. Once I crested the worst and the grade eased up, I pulled over at some rocks to recover. I was spent. (note: I later figured out this 3.3 mile climb is a 3.8% grade.)

As I sat, a few minutes later, another rider came into view, pulled over to see if I was OK. I told him I was just catching my breath and he decided to rest too. The climbing effort got to him too. He was riding a new Specialized steel Allez, with SRAM adorning it. Very nice bike, it was its maiden ride. It turned out this was his first ride back on a bike after being struck by a Ford F-150 during a ride in Tuscon. He had nearly every vertebrae fractured! He made a miraculous recovery. His name is Aaron, and told me he's into ultra-marathon endurance events. His conditioning must have help his recovery. After a little bit, we ended up riding back together and he paced me up the rest of the climb. I felt fine and found it more effective when there's a wheel ahead to focus on. We sped down the 3.5 mile descent conservatively. Here, I noticed how his bike would roll much better than mine. He would always open a gap as we coasted. Could've been the tires, the wheels, aerodynamics, weight....just that it was significant enough to take note. We shook hands and parted ways at the bottom. I made it home intact.
It was only 27 miles, but a very fulfilling 27 miles. Nothing for you seasoned Ironmen. But I managed to surprise myself by pulling this off.
I'll be back. I like the feel of this pain in my legs.

Last edited by WNG; 02-07-12 at 03:07 AM.
Old 01-17-12, 05:18 AM
mkeller234
Rustbelt Rider

Bikes: 1990 Trek 1420 - 1978 Raleigh Professional - 1973 Schwinn Collegiate - 1974 Schwinn Suburban

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked 372 Times in 177 Posts
Why go there, there's nothing on the top but a bucket and a mop, and an illustrated book about birds (any meat puppets fans?)

Now that I got that out of the way, that picture with all the riders in it makes my knees ache, and you did that with a 26t freewheel? You don't really see long climbs like that in my neck of the woods, that looks impressive to me. Nice pictures too. That other rider sounds pretty inspiring.

What's with the giant <PHOENIX on the mountain? Is it just for decoration, or is there a purposeful reason behind it? I would have expected Holy Ghosts or talk-show hosts (ok, again with the meat puppets)

I would have been singing this in my head the whole way "Climb, climb, I always climb out of bed in the morning on a mountain made of sand "
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Last edited by mkeller234; 01-17-12 at 05:23 AM.
Old 01-17-12, 06:37 AM
jimmuller 
What??? Only 2 wheels?

Bikes: 72 Peugeot UO-8, 82 Peugeot TH8, 87 Bianchi Brava, 76? Masi Grand Criterium, 74 Motobecane Champion Team, 86 & 77 Gazelle champion mondial, 81? Grandis, 82? Tommasini, 83 Peugeot PF10

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Quoted: 1222 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 232 Posts
Nice story, nice pics. I've been wrenching, not riding. It's cold out there.
Old 01-17-12, 03:04 PM
WNG
Spin Forest! Spin!

Yeah, I only had a 12x26 cassette available. Most of my riding is flat valley, that a 21t is too much. For a strong rider, I think 26t would work. I need to spin, not ride out of the saddle for 3.5 miles. There were about a dozen riders out there. Two with tri bars, too focused to wave.

That fellow Aaron told me he had a Specialized CF model at the time of the car accident. It got destroyed. He found the ride of the Allez more satisfying. A true gentleman and an inspiration.

Not sure of the story of that PHOENIX signage painted onto the hill. It points to the city of Phoenix. You can see it from miles away on the valley floor. Reminds me of the Hollywood sign in LA.

Glad you guys enjoyed some warmer weather ride pics.
Old 01-24-12, 05:03 PM
JJScaliger

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 139 Times in 58 Posts
These pictures are from last Monday, I had some computer problems, I hope no one minds. I got a new roof rack for my bomber Jetta and decided to broaden my horizons a little bit and go somewhere new. Usually I just ride from my house. I had heard that this area of Southern Mass. had some scenic roads so I have it a shot. It was a lot of fun, even if it was cold.

Mill dam at Manchaug

Singletary Rd Sutton

my new rack (old tray)

Old 01-26-12, 05:26 AM
TrailViewMount

Bikes: 2013 Trek 8.2 DS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
High Fist Shin excellent photos. What is the best place to start the turnpike ride? I'm in Florida. I have to get there ASAP. Very cool. Thank you.
Old 01-26-12, 05:35 AM
YoKev
hi

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Great scenery WNG. I'd love to see cacti like that someday, and those roads just seemingly disappear into the desert! Very cool.
Old 01-26-12, 10:28 AM
drumgirl

Bikes: Georgena Terry Chrom Triathlon (circa 1989)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This was Tuesday morning. Riding through the fog was like riding in a dream.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
foggy.bike.ride.1.24.12.jpg (98.3 KB, 45 views)
Old 01-27-12, 07:25 PM
JJScaliger

I rode 36 torturous miles today. Forecast was to rain all day, I said I don't care. Temp was 50 so that was nice. I decided to take my Kelly cyclocross to save the De Rosa from the sloppy, sandy mess on the roads. 13 miles in, right at the foot of a big climb, I noticed my tire was going flat. First flat in 1300 miles, so of course in the rain. Two people stopped and asked if I needed help or a ride, which was cool.

After I fixed the flat I decided to shorten the ride a little, as daylight was running out on me. I definitely wasn't making the same time on those 32 cyclocross tires that I usually do on my 23 tires. Since I was on the knobbies I had to hit a dirt road. Rode about 2 miles on an old favorite dirt road, which turned out to be soft and slow.

Daylight disappeared on me and I had to ride the last 8 miles home in the rainy dark. I hit a pothole hidden in a puddle and sure enough got a snake bite. My CO2 cartridge was frozen so I had to ride the last 2.5 miles home on the flat. Put the bike away in the shed wet and feeling disgusted. I'm still glad I went.

Isthmus Rd

I ride by this all the time and have never taken a picture. A tractor museum?

Old 01-28-12, 02:46 AM
WNG
Spin Forest! Spin!

^^^Hey that's wicked cool!

I feel for ya on that pothole induced flat. Like insult to injury. Wet, cold, dark, and equipment failure!
Old 02-03-12, 05:00 PM
WNG
Spin Forest! Spin!

This thread is in need of a bump!

Things became hectic this week and I wasn't able to write about my ride last Friday. Inspired by member Chuckk and others here, I endeavored last year to make it a tradition to go out and ride my Birthday in miles. Well, last Friday was my 48th birthday. Car troubles have sidelined me from biking most of the weeks leading up to the epic day. Besides the Usery Pass Rd. outing, I've not done anything comparable in miles or difficulty for conditioning. So, to prepare, I rode 12 and 18 miles a few days before and rested Thursday. I mapped out a route with Google Maps' bike route feature, that would take me through Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, and Tempe. I wanted a bike friendly route, as few miles shared with vehicles as possible. We have canal trails that criss-cross the PHX-metro area. I elected to try the Western Canal Trail. It runs East to West ruler straight for over 10 miles, then snakes northward in South Phoenix. 1/3 of my ride will be on trails. Given this and not knowing the exact condition of the surfaces, I decided to ride my Schwinn Crosscut and be ready for whatever lies ahead. And being a flat, climb-free ride, it wasn't going to slow me down much.

I left my garage a bit after 12pm. Being lunchtime, the roads should be lighter in traffic. Weather was supposed to be sunny and in the mid 70s F. But it was cloudy and cool. The goal was to make it to Tempe in under 2 hours to meet my wife for a late lunch. The first 14 miles were uneventful bike lane riding through familiar neighborhood routes, then onto a road with less traffic to reach my canal trails. No pics of this monotonous portion.
I reached the Consolidated Canal, a north/south running canal that feeds the Western Canal. This canal path will take me directly to it. Only a mile or so on it, but I saw a handful of bikers enjoying it.
A few pics along the Consolidated below:

48 at 48-5 by WNG555, on Flickr

Heading south along the Consolidated:

48 at 48-1 by WNG555, on Flickr

Ducks! :

48 at 48-3 by WNG555, on Flickr

The path condition changes unexpectedly. Concrete turned to horse trail, with me dodging horse paddies like it was a mine field! Luckily it didn't take long reach the Western Canal.

48 at 48-11 by WNG555, on Flickr

48 at 48-7 by WNG555, on Flickr

Looking back northward and the bridge I crossed over the Consolidated:

48 at 48-8 by WNG555, on Flickr

Lot's of properties had horses and livestock in their backyards visible from the canal path:

48 at 48-12 by WNG555, on Flickr

Flood gate closed at this end...no water entering the Western Canal:

48 at 48-13 by WNG555, on Flickr

So, I begin my Western Canal portion, started off nicely with a paved path, I was the only soul on it!

48 at 48-14 by WNG555, on Flickr

But a mile in, it turned to hardpack and ran for several miles this way.

48 at 48-15 by WNG555, on Flickr

cont'd....
Old 02-03-12, 05:02 PM
WNG
Spin Forest! Spin!

cont'd....

Finally, another biker on the trail!

48 at 48-16 by WNG555, on Flickr

After I took a pic of him, one action shot of me ....

48 at 48-17 by WNG555, on Flickr

This went by mile after mile. I was traveling through Gilbert, AZ. Strange thing occurred on the trail...I kept feeling a stinging pain on my bare leg. At one point, I thought a bee was stuck on my shorts and giving it to me good! But I didn't find the cause.

I crossed Gilbert Rd, in the middle of the Old Town section. All touristy-like, water fountains, old facade buildings. I had a schedule to keep and didn't stop for sight seeing, and I'll be passing it again anyway. 1/2 mile further, the damn trail seems to end! A berm of gravel with a set of train tracks bisect the path. I had to carry my bike and climb over it to continue. Not easy in cleated riding shoes. Everything suddenly looks industrial, trash....hooded individuals loitering talking on cell phones. Spider sense started tingling! I made an easy target...like shooting SPD-cleated fish in a barrel. Don't forget, this is AZ, anyone can carry a concealed handgun without a permit! Luckily, they didn't pay much attention to me.
I managed along this portion for another 1/2 mile until it returned to a paved trail.

The trail now took me into the city of Chandler. It was nicely kept and paved, with solar-powered LED lighting the whole length, impressive. I only saw about six riders heading west. A very lonely location, with a few lone pedestrians of suspicious intent, with miles between cross streets. One must remember, we are in an urban environment. Not the most desirable situtation if you're a young kid or woman. But then again, even perps know they run the risk of an adult pulling out a gun to defend themselves.

I made it into Tempe and a few more miles, I arrived at my destination 15 minutes sooner. My wife expected me to call from my ride to tell her I aborted it due to fatigue and turned around to get home. Ha! Boy was she surprised I made it. I pulled into a Habit Charburger joint. They allow bikes to left inside while eating, cool! I powered up on a Charburger w/ cheese, fries and some seltzer water. Burp! Not exactly roadie gels and electrolytes, but I'll suffer through it.

48 at 48-69 by WNG555, on Flickr

48 at 48-19 by WNG555, on Flickr

Looking fresh still after making it to Tempe...

48 at 48-20 by WNG555, on Flickr

I wasted a bit too much time for lunch. My wife was late and her manager wanted to meet me. A slight detour, then I started back. The camera came out this time. A few of the Tempe portion of the trail....

48 at 48-23 by WNG555, on Flickr

Looking further west, with South Mtn. in the horizon. This trail will take you there if you care to try.

48 at 48-24 by WNG555, on Flickr

There were some more people along the route, but it were these electrical towers that were in plenty to keep you company.

48 at 48-25 by WNG555, on Flickr

A control gate for the portion crossing Hwy 101...

48 at 48-26 by WNG555, on Flickr

48 at 48-29 by WNG555, on Flickr

Last edited by WNG; 02-03-12 at 05:41 PM.
Old 02-03-12, 05:31 PM
WNG
Spin Forest! Spin!

cont'd...

More vanishing points. Over the highway and into Chandler, looking East.

48 at 48-30 by WNG555, on Flickr

Note how deserted the trail is...a very solitary ride this was. Also here, you can see the neat solar/LED lighting...

48 at 48-31 by WNG555, on Flickr

I cross historic Arizona Ave. in Chandler. The crossing can be nuts, I felt like Frogger.

48 at 48-32 by WNG555, on Flickr

48 at 48-34 by WNG555, on Flickr

As I rode through Chandler, I got stung again on my leg! WTF!!
Miles later I arrive at the crappy section of the trail. But from this direction, there is a sign indicating a detour into Gilbert to circumvent the train tracks. Ah!
I had to ride into the Old Town of Gilbert then back onto the trail. I cross those dreaded tracks at a crossing this time!

48 at 48-35 by WNG555, on Flickr

Looking southeast as the tracks head into Queen Creek, AZ...

48 at 48-36 by WNG555, on Flickr

Pics of Old Gilbert:

48 at 48-37 by WNG555, on Flickr

48 at 48-38 by WNG555, on Flickr

48 at 48-39 by WNG555, on Flickr

48 at 48-40 by WNG555, on Flickr

Last edited by WNG; 02-03-12 at 10:43 PM.
Old 02-03-12, 05:56 PM
WNG
Spin Forest! Spin!

cont'd....

48 at 48-41 by WNG555, on Flickr

Back along the trail in Gilbert, a number of works dedicated to water.

48 at 48-42 by WNG555, on Flickr

48 at 48-47 by WNG555, on Flickr

48 at 48-52 by WNG555, on Flickr

48 at 48-61 by WNG555, on Flickr

I nicknamed this one The Tetanus Fountain.

48 at 48-54 by WNG555, on Flickr

48 at 48-58 by WNG555, on Flickr

A shot with my bike...

48 at 48-57 by WNG555, on Flickr

As I looked East, still miles to go, those power lines caused the proverbial light to switch on over my head! So many bad puns, just humor me....

48 at 48-60 by WNG555, on Flickr

All those stings I felt was along this route...not at the burger joint, not during any time before the Western Canal. I realized the cause wasn't a splinter, a sharp cable wire, insect, etc. But that I was getting an electrical shock. Everytime my bare leg touched the rear brake cable, I felt a sting. The large shock earlier was when I touched the seat post and binder. While mounted on the bike I touched the bare steel brake cable and felt a mild sting. It is stronger when I'm rolling.
I know that high-tension voltage lines give off EMI strong enough to illuminate a fluorescent tube in your hands. Perhaps the spinning steel components of the wheels are inducing an electrostatic charge in this field. I get a zap as it discharges into my leg. I'm an EE but not specialized in Power Engineering or Electrostatics. Maybe one of you out there that is can chime in. Anyone else ever experience this under powerlines??

Last edited by WNG; 02-03-12 at 06:14 PM.
Old 02-03-12, 06:15 PM
WNG
Spin Forest! Spin!

cont'd...

As I bid farewell to Gilbert, I returned to the Trail. My Crosscut was my trusty steed today. Handled very well over the dusty trail hardpack. The tires are 35mm Kendas with a HD center tread to be flat resistant. Not a cyclo-cross or trails knobby tire. But I was able to sail along pretty confidently and at a good pace.
Before long, I was at trail's end. I made the decision to continue east under the power lines. Google Maps indicated I can go for several more miles before ending at farm property. My target was a path heading north through the Val Vista Lakes community. Several miles in, the route got confusing and I end up in a Sub-division maze. Lovely. I simply rode northeasterly to look for an exit. I'm on a small walkway that turns narrow. A man walking his dogs was occupying the width of it. I darted into the dirt and gravel to avoid one of the dogs! I held the bike upright for a few seconds, and the tires sunk in. The SPDs deployed like ejection seats out of a doomed fighter plane! I didn't fall and make an embarrassing ass of myself.

The fellow asked if I was OK. The dogs didn't bark at the odd spandex-clad stranger! After a friendly exchange and a request for directions, I told him I was out doing my birthday ride, he smiled and revealed that he's road biker and puts in 500 miles weekly. I told him I'm also a roadie initially, and he invited me to ride with his club, the Arizona Brumbys https://www.azbrumbys.com/index.php?.
I met another member a few years ago when I bought a mtb frame from a CL listing. I informed him of my awareness of the group. This broke the ice further. He introduced himself as Eric. And told me to join them Saturday morning to ride out to Canyon Lake. This is along the famed Apache Trail.
PastorBob and I posted about it in another PHX rides thread. It's (in)famously tough and unnerving . I thanked him for the offer and told him I doubt I had the legs to stay with them. But he says everyone rides sanely and very supportive. I think I'll try to join them one day this Spring. Nice guy!

Here's a look at the ride this group does on Saturdays:
https://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=349232

I got out of the area and was back on the road home. Just a straight shot on bike lanes. It was getting cold out, the sun was setting.
I just needed to include my routine local ride to achieve my miles.
A familiar sight with the sunset glowing off Superstition, I was close to home....

48 at 48-63 by WNG555, on Flickr

I hadn't looked behind me all this time. When I did, I was treated to a great sunset. Nice way to end a ride.

48 at 48-66 by WNG555, on Flickr

48 at 48-67 by WNG555, on Flickr

I still had about 3 miles to get home, not too tired at this point. But glad it was almost over. A hot shower, and a guilt-free big helping of dinner ahead.
Thanks again to you folks (past and present) of this forum who are such inspirational and positive people. I would not have been encouraged to start a new tradition like this without you. I look forward to my 49th.

48 at 48-68 by WNG555, on Flickr

Last edited by WNG; 02-07-12 at 03:29 AM.
Old 02-04-12, 04:30 PM
Roger M
Banned.

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 469 Post(s)
Liked 2,443 Times in 646 Posts
After the big snow we had two weeks ago, the sun finally shows up. I banner day in the NW, especially for February. I took this Motobecane out for the first time since working on it. I rode the trail out past Lake Cassidy for a total of only 30 miles. I felt like crap on near the end, probably because I only had a bowl of cereal and cup of coffee beforehand. This only issue I have with the bike, is that I found myself looking for another gear at some times. A 6 speed(or 7) freewheel would help.

Old 02-07-12, 10:15 PM
JJScaliger

Since I finally got a day off with some nice weather, I stretched out my ride to a metric century (65 miles). Here are some pictures I wanted to share.

The road out

My favorite historic cemetery on a knoll overlooking a reservoir.

the De Rosa with the new San Marco Rolls ti saddle, wheels need to go next. Rolls is comfy and classy.

back corner of same cemetery.

dam at Barden Reservoir. I circumnavigated this little reservoir today.

ice was melting before my eyes

Old 02-08-12, 12:19 AM
mkeller234
Rustbelt Rider

Bikes: 1990 Trek 1420 - 1978 Raleigh Professional - 1973 Schwinn Collegiate - 1974 Schwinn Suburban

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked 372 Times in 177 Posts
Happy birthday WNG! That was an epic post and very enjoyable. I never, in a million years, would have guessed that you were being shocked in the leg.
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)
Old 02-08-12, 05:52 AM
gomango

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Quoted: 821 Post(s)
Liked 255 Times in 142 Posts
Thanks to all of you for keeping this thread fresh and interesting.

We are in our winter doldrums, and I don't get to ride big miles here until the end of March usually.

Trainers, while worthwhile, just don't provide the same experience.
Old 02-08-12, 03:25 PM
WNG
Spin Forest! Spin!

Thanks mkeller234! I indulged and threw up the pics since it was a special ride. Glad it's being enjoyed. The geek in me wants to return to the trail with a portable oscilloscope and take readings. The incident just goes to show how much EMI those lines must be putting out.

[JJScaliger]
Lovely shots of RI, you make me miss New England!
Old 02-08-12, 05:50 PM
JJScaliger

Thanks WNG. Your pictures are pretty spectacular too! The reason why I love this thread is that it offers the chance to see all the different places where people ride. I don't know if I am ever going to have the opportunity to ride in the deserts of Arizona or the Cascade Mts. or the lakes in Minnesota, but never say never! I especially like pictures of the roads, they are like portals for the imagination.
Old 02-12-12, 02:52 PM
prettyshady

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JJScaliger

ok, silly ride for today. It does not snow very often here so may as well have some fun.

I had to sit on the toptube with a leg dangling on the floor for most the decent, not my fastest time ever for this route!

1972 peugeot on regular clinchers
Old 02-12-12, 06:51 PM
northbend 

Bikes: 1937 Hobbs; 1977 Bruce Gordon; 1987 Bill Holland; 1988 Schwinn Paramount (Fixed gear); 1999 Fat City Yo Eddy (MTB); 2018 Woodrup (Touring) 2016 Ritchey breakaway

Mentioned: 291 Post(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Liked 3,794 Times in 668 Posts
About 30 miles of trail riding. Good clean fun
Old 02-12-12, 06:51 PM
JJScaliger

Yeah prettyshady! That looks like a tough guy (borderline crazy) ride! Love the pics! I couldn't get out today. Adjusted the rear hub on my Surly crosscheck, that's it, yawn.
Old 02-17-12, 09:20 PM
cuda2k
Unique Vintage Steel

Bikes: Kirk Frameworks JKS-C, Serotta Nova, Gazelle AB-Frame, Fuji Team Issue, Surly Straggler

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 225 Times in 56 Posts
Back in the saddle after too many days off. This is one of the old churches in town, relocated to a historical preservation site a few blocks from "Main" street here in Allen.

Rural open road on the opposite side of town from my house.

Stopped at the park to take a few photos right as the sun was going down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.