Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Bianchi Serial Number Identification

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Bianchi Serial Number Identification

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-24, 07:54 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4512 Post(s)
Liked 6,387 Times in 3,672 Posts
Originally Posted by Joeski_NW
Hi. Long time lurker here. I was recently given a Bianchi Veloce Chromolite "Reparto Corse" frameset and I'm trying to nail down a year. My best guess is somewhere between 1997 and 2001 as I've seen a few bikes that resemble it but none are exact.

It's celeste and has the wavy yellow designs around the model name and down on the chainstays. It has a carbon fork with a 1" threaded steerer, and it has the bent/wavy stays. The downtube is also shaped. I'd post photos but I have to have 10 posts so I can't.

I'm assuming that in this era, BIanchi used the same frame for several bikes and the name simply designated which level of components were attached to it (Veloce, Mirage, etc).

The number stamped into the BB shell is WA9030205A.

In any case, the frameset is in great shape and my plan is to rebuild it with Centaur 11 and ride it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Welcome aboard, glad you found us, you should be in the right place.

You can search BF threads on Google with great results on info.

You can also add pics to your home page gallery or album and they may get moved here.

Its 5 posts X 2 days for 10 anti spam measure that serves us very well, a finer bunch of enablers you will not find.
Old 02-05-24, 08:07 PM
Joeski_NW
Look fast ride slow

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by merziac
Welcome aboard, glad you found us, you should be in the right place.

You can search BF threads on Google with great results on info.

You can also add pics to your home page gallery or album and they may get moved here.

Its 5 posts X 2 days for 10 anti spam measure that serves us very well, a finer bunch of enablers you will not find.
Thanks! I didn't know about the gallery, I'll try and add some photos there when I get the chance. Thanks for the tip!
Likes For Joeski_NW:
Old 02-06-24, 10:41 AM
Joeski_NW
Look fast ride slow

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Hi. Long time lurker here. I was recently given a Bianchi Veloce Chromolite "Reparto Corse" frameset and I'm trying to nail down a year. My best guess is somewhere between 1997 and 2001 as I've seen a few bikes that resemble it but none are exact.

It's celeste and has the wavy yellow designs around the model name and down on the chainstays. It has a carbon fork with a 1" threaded steerer, and it has the bent/wavy stays. The downtube is also shaped. I'd post photos but I have to have 10 posts so I can't.

I'm assuming that in this era, BIanchi used the same frame for several bikes and the name simply designated which level of components were attached to it (Veloce, Mirage, etc).

In any case, the frameset is in great shape and my plan is to rebuild it with Centaur 11 and ride it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Okay, I uploaded a few photos of the frameset into my gallery if that helps at all.
Thanks!
Old 02-07-24, 09:42 PM
StefanoLazzari

Bikes: Bianchi Gold Race Team, NCM Milano, Beixo foldable e-bike.

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Bianchi Gold Team Race identification

Hi,
I am trying to identify year of production and origin of my Bianchi Gold Team race bike bought second-hand in France about 12 years ago. The bike looks like a 2000 model (BC8A) but some of the bike components do not match the description of the 2000 catalogue and the frame serial number (090516273) would seem to suggest a more recent production date.

Main differences from the model described in the 2000 are the color (Celeste) and the shifters (SHIMANO TIAGRA instead of Campagnolo).

Unfortunately, as a newcomer, I cannot yet post images of the bike.

Can anyone help me identify correct model and year of production?

Thanks.

Stefano
Old 02-08-24, 04:39 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked 2,927 Times in 1,492 Posts
Originally Posted by StefanoLazzari
Hi,
I am trying to identify year of production and origin of my Bianchi Gold Team race bike bought second-hand in France about 12 years ago. The bike looks like a 2000 model (BC8A) but some of the bike components do not match the description of the 2000 catalogue and the frame serial number (090516273) would seem to suggest a more recent production date.

Main differences from the model described in the 2000 are the color (Celeste) and the shifters (SHIMANO TIAGRA instead of Campagnolo).

Thanks.

Stefano
Good Morning and welcome to the gang!! Are you looking at the correct catalog?

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 02-08-24, 05:39 AM
StefanoLazzari

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
Good Morning and welcome to the gang!! Are you looking at the correct catalog?
I am not sure about the catalogue (since I bought it in France, I looked at the French Bianchi catalogues posted on the "labibleduvelocataloguesbianchi" i.e. "the bible of Bianchi bikes catalogues").... but looking at other threads I am quite sure you are probably someone who could help me out here.

Is there a way I could send the photos of my bike to you by email?

Thanks.
Old 02-10-24, 06:57 AM
StefanoLazzari

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts

Originally Posted by StefanoLazzari
Hi,

Thanks.

Stefano
OK, I am posting this again, this time with photos, hoping someone can confirm the model and year of production.
Thanks.
Stefano

Likes For StefanoLazzari:
Old 02-10-24, 08:46 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

StefanoLazzari Where does it say Gold Team? And what is a Gold Team? Is a local regional team sponsored by Bianchi? I’d have dig around the catalogs but I think that is something like a Eros or Brava in our market here in the US.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 02-10-24, 01:04 PM
Hummer

Bikes: 1981 Raleigh GP, 1985 Norco Bush Pilot, . . .

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked 187 Times in 136 Posts
. . .

. . .
Hello Joeski_NW and welcome to the forum.

Picture assist:

I have seen several Bianchi "WA" serial numbers before. I think that the first digit 9 =1999 year of frame manufacture and 03 = month of March.
Old 02-10-24, 07:17 PM
StefanoLazzari

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts

StefanoLazzari Where does it say Gold Team? And what is a Gold Team? Is a local regional team sponsored by Bianchi? I’d have dig around the catalogs but I think that is something like a Eros or Brava in our market here in the US.
1. Gold Race Team is written on both sides of the top tube (see photo)
2. The Gold Race Team model was included in the 2000 Bianchi catalog in France (see snapshot below) that is available, with many others, on this site CATALOGUES BIANCHI: BIANCHI 2006. The description matches my bike with two main differences (frame color and shifters/derailleurs being SHIMANO and not Campagnolo)
3. I also found a similar bike sold on another website (US?), with same color but different rims and shifter/derailleurs. (https://steel-vintage.com/products/b...y-210514-02-13)

I guess the original buyer might have asked for a different frame color and, maybe, also for different shifters/crankset (or have replaced them later). But my main question is for a confirmation of the year of manufacturing. The frame serial number is 0905160273 (which could in fact suggest 2000 if you consider the first digit) but searching in this forum I have seen several different interpretations of Bianchi serial numbers and unless it is in fact "O"905160273 this does not look like the structure of the numbers mentioned elsewhere.

Can anyone help me here?

Thanks.

Old 02-11-24, 10:07 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

1) I couldn’t really read Team Gold in any of the pics provided.

2) Is that the french catalog or the UK catalog? Why is it written in English? The back cover seems to indicate it's a UK market catalog which may be different from the French or European mainland market.

3) This bike seems to have been sold out of Europe going to US, I think.

I'm trying to help but unless T-Mar has bikes this new in his database I'm not sure anyone can look at that serial number and say "yes that frame was built in January of 2000. This bike is a bit new for me and again I don't have, but really want a 2000 Bianchi USA catalog.

We are talking about a bike that's 24+/- years old and things happen not mention bike specifications can change. It's entirely possible Bianchi or the Importer simply changed the color after the catalog was printed or they ran low red frames near the end of the production run and just substituted Celeste ones of the same tubing.

As to the shifters who knows. A previous owner may have simply kept the Ergos and RD for himself, or the Ergos broke and it was cheaper to replace with the Shimano shifters and RD.

I think you got a 2000 Gold Race Team bike but just with a different color and replaced shifters for some reason. Was this supposed to some sort of team replica? or a was it advertised a Professional Team Bike? Judging by it's place in the catalog it seems like just a basic mid level model to me much like a our Brava

Here is one out od Germany perhaps this gentleman can help
Facebook Post " data-width="500" data-show-text="true" data-lazy="true">
Facebook Post " class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore">Facebook Post

Here's an annoying video out I think Australia of a black one but it seems to have Shimano on it.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk

Last edited by Bianchigirll; 02-11-24 at 10:49 AM.
Old 02-11-24, 11:21 AM
Joeski_NW
Look fast ride slow

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Veloce

Originally Posted by Hummer
Hello Joeski_NW and welcome to the forum.

Picture assist:

I have seen several Bianchi "WA" serial numbers before. I think that the first digit 9 =1999 year of frame manufacture and 03 = month of March.

That's quite helpful, thank you. I have seen several almost identical bikes that were referred to as model year 2000 so that definitely checks out, however one of them had straight stays. Plus I've seen several other with the same graphics but they were alloy.

I'm assuming this is a lower tier frameset given the threaded steerer and the fact that the upper tier frames were already 1 1/8 threadless at this point.
Old 02-12-24, 08:16 AM
StefanoLazzari

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Thank you.
I think you summarized it well. I guess I can conclude that the bike was probably produced in 2000 with some modifications either requested by the buyer or done afterwards. Unfortunately, the series code does not help much and the catalog itself is not clear (and hard to read). I could not find a French version of the catalog and this UK one is actually posted on a French website.

The bike shown in the "australian" video is a Gold Team Special, also described in the 2000 catalog next to the Gold Race Team. It does describe SHIMANO shifters, but it is the SORA model, not TIAGRA.

Unfortunately, I could not open the link to the German FB post.

Have a nice day (it's already midnight here in Australia)

Stefano

Last edited by StefanoLazzari; 02-12-24 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Wrong image
Old 02-20-24, 09:21 AM
eugew23

Bikes: '86 Bianchi Limited'78 Centurion LeMans, '89 Centurion Ironman Master

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
I just purchased this '86 Limited, or so I was told. Things seem to check out with original components (Shimano 600 groupset, made in Italy stickers and bolts with Italian writing, engraved B on the down tube, etc). The thing I can't wrap my mind around is this weird looking serial number? I've never seen anything like it. I heard Bianchi serial numbers are wack, so maybe this is all moot. Can someone verify that this is an Italian-made frame?

Ooh purple. Not Celeste, but still cool.

Yummy gunk.

6145 N.6? 9.N?

Last edited by eugew23; 02-20-24 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Clarification
Likes For eugew23:
Old 02-20-24, 01:40 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

eugew23 You have a beautiful but a little crusty Metallic Violet '86 Limited , made in Italia. Yes they are odd loking and some seem to be able derive lots of information from them somehow.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 02-20-24, 01:46 PM
eugew23

Bikes: '86 Bianchi Limited'78 Centurion LeMans, '89 Centurion Ironman Master

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
eugew23 You have a beautiful but a little crusty Metallic Violet '86 Limited , made in Italia. Yes they are odd loking and some seem to be able derive lots of information from them somehow.

Amazing, thank you! Should clean up nicely.
Likes For eugew23:
Old 02-22-24, 01:29 PM
dchmiele1992

Bikes: 2002 LeMond Zurich, 1986 Miyata 610, 1989 Bianchi Mondiale, 1985 Trek 600, 2022 3T Exploro RaceMax

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 16 Posts
Bianchi Frame Identification - help

Long time lurker, first time poster here.

I recently bought a bike on CL for $50. The listing was for "Old bike" and it showed 3 kind of hazy photos and minimal description. The images were of a pinkish colored road bike with no decals or head badge. But it was clearly a lugged steel frame and from the hazy images I was pretty sure I was looking at new tires on black anodized Wolber rims and Suntour Sprint crankset. So I pulled the trigger sight unseen, figuring that just that stuff was worth $50, no matter what the rest of the bike looked like (and that people don't put Sprint cranks and Wolber rims on a crap bike). When I went to pick up the bike, I noted a capital "B" with a circle around it on the seat stays and a Block capital B on the fork crown. To me this meant early 80s Bianchi. So here we are. I would like to try to identify this frame in terms of likely time period and approximate level in the product line. It also came with a rather pleasant mix of 80s Japanese components. Specifics about the frame:;
- Looks like a repaint, since there are no decals and the paint is in way better condition than I would Imagine it would be for a 40 year old bike.
- Aforementioned capital "B" with a circle around it on the seat stays and a Block capital B on the fork crown
- Braze on shifter mount studs on downtube
- Fork ends labelled "Gipiemme" and drop outs labelled "Bianchi"
- Derailleur cables routed above bottom bracket with integral cable guides.
- Seat lug stamped 2N on drive side and 1557 on non-drive side
- 27.2 mm seat post
- no front derailleur braze on, 28.6 mm clamp.
- one set of water bottle braze on's on the downtube, none on the seat tube.
- no chrome visible on stays or fork
- rear brake cable guides (3) brazed to top of top tube.
- No decals or head badge.
I will list the components, but I don't think they will mean much because I think this was a repaint where the frame was totally stripped:
- Crankset: Suntour Sprint 7500 (53 x 42), BB: ???
- Front derailleur: Shimano DuraAce (EA-100)
- Rear derailleur: Suntour Cyclone Mk II (3500)
- shift levers: Suntour (Cyclone?)
- Freewheel: Suntour 6 speed
- Front and rear brakes: Shimano 600 (6200)
- brake levers: Shimano 600 Ultegra (6400)
- hub/rim: Suntour Cyclone / Wolber TX profil 700c black anodized
- Headset: Shimano 600 (6400)
- stem/bars: SR
- seatpost: SR Laprade
- Seat: White Avocet racing

I included images of this bike in my gallery for reference. I was hoping to get a better idea of what this thing was so that I can decide what to do with it, or how I should decal it if I move in that direction. Thank you .

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by dchmiele1992; 02-23-24 at 11:21 AM. Reason: corrected rear derailleur
Likes For dchmiele1992:
Old 03-05-24, 02:23 PM
Joeski_NW
Look fast ride slow

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Hi all! I'm wondering if anyone can help with any real info on the Bianchi Dolomiti. I know it was a limited run between 2009-2013ish but I keep getting different info about these bikes. I know the first version had a carbon fork which everyone seemed to hate, and the later versions were sold as a frameset only with a lugged steel fork. There is also an almost identical frame called the Tipo Corsa which only adds more confusion to the matter.

Some features definitely look like the Maxway made Kona Kapu or even the old Soma Stanyan, but this frame says "Made in Italy" with a Columbus Spirit Decal on it. It also requires housing guides on the top tube for the rear brake (like the L'Eroica model), but I've seen other Dolomitis that had brazed on cable stops on the top tube. One thing I can say for certain, based upon the cable rub wear, and a few small scratches, the entire frame is chromed under the paint.

Can we assume that these frames are brazed with Columbus Spirit and then shipped to Italy where they undergo whatever the minimal requirements are to have the "Made in Italy" decal applied to it?

Does anyone have any idea how many of these frames were actually even made?

Thanks!
Old 03-05-24, 05:46 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Hi all! I'm wondering if anyone can help with any real info on the Bianchi Dolomiti. I know it was a limited run between 2009-2013ish but I keep getting different info about these bikes. I know the first version had a carbon fork which everyone seemed to hate, and the later versions were sold as a frameset only with a lugged steel fork. There is also an almost identical frame called the Tipo Corsa which only adds more confusion to the matter.

Some features definitely look like the Maxway made Kona Kapu or even the old Soma Stanyan, but this frame says "Made in Italy" with a Columbus Spirit Decal on it. It also requires housing guides on the top tube for the rear brake (like the L'Eroica model), but I've seen other Dolomitis that had brazed on cable stops on the top tube. One thing I can say for certain, based upon the cable rub wear, and a few small scratches, the entire frame is chromed under the paint.

Can we assume that these frames are brazed with Columbus Spirit and then shipped to Italy where they undergo whatever the minimal requirements are to have the "Made in Italy" decal applied to it?

Does anyone have any idea how many of these frames were actually even made?

Thanks!
Sorry I know very little about them other than what I might glean from the few catalogs I have from that era. I'm not sure if they were different in different markets, which may cause some of the confusion. About the only think I do know is they were good looking frames but unatainable for the average buyer looking for a quality steel frame Bianchi

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Likes For Bianchigirll:
Old 03-05-24, 09:19 PM
Joeski_NW
Look fast ride slow

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Sorry I know very little about them other than what I might glean from the few catalogs I have from that era. I'm not sure if they were different in different markets, which may cause some of the confusion. About the only think I do know is they were good looking frames but unatainable for the average buyer looking for a quality steel frame Bianchi

Thank you! I have a frame that I am currently building up and it's beautiful. I just want to know a little more about it. 🍻
Likes For Joeski_NW:
Old 04-12-24, 04:36 AM
Brickos

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by T-Mar
Finney71, your Bianchi was made in Japan in 1984, but could be a 1985 model.
DS would be Dodsun = Taiwan
Old 04-13-24, 11:22 AM
SoCaled 

Bikes: Cuevas Custom, Cimmaron, 1988 "Pinalized Rockma", 1984 Trek 510, Moulton custom touring, Raleigh Competition GS, Bridgestone Mb-2 & 3, 1980's Peugeot - US, City, & Canyon Express (6)

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1099 Post(s)
Liked 3,750 Times in 1,841 Posts
This bike keeps popping up on Craigslist, wondering what year it would be?
https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/...731996887.html

Old 04-13-24, 02:47 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

The decals are all wrong, they look '70s, but I think the bikes is an '85 and as the seller states an Alloro. Sporting brakes, Ofmega SH and cranks and the Gran Sport RD point in that direction.

Catalog says Columbus TreTubi DB ChroMoly but not what material the stays are. Fork is Falck and I suspect the stays could be too.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Likes For Bianchigirll:
Old 04-15-24, 03:58 PM
capnjav

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So if my serial is F9A82409

Likely made in Jan 89 also? Just presumably at a different factory "F".

Any one else have any information on my serial?

I can't post a photo as I haven't hit the post minimum yet. But it can be seen here:
imgur[DOT]com/a/SzOaGkg

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-15-24, 04:03 PM
capnjav

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Looking also to identify the serial number DS489207.

Can be seen here:
imgur[DOT]com/a/thc0ana

---------------------

And serial AS20616:
imgur[DOT]com/a/pGe7tMF

Guessing this one is an 82, based on Phase serial AS24162. Assuming the first 2 represents the year. Is that correct T-Mar ?

Last edited by capnjav; 04-15-24 at 04:12 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.