Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Pharrel's BMW.

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-08, 08:46 PM
sniks
JuNKie! bike junkie!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by this1time
not true. you can get them painted with machined sidewalls...

and i don't care what pharrel does, he's earned his money and he can spend it however. i just thought a man who is so fashion conscious would rock non-machined rims.
the machined walls match the silver chain and chainring bolts and the matte black wheels match the matte black frame and if they were painted black they would be glossy and not match the frame.
so fashionable .....see?
Old 10-28-08, 08:52 PM
4doorhoor
misanthropist

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That's Burnside, people will tell you it's harder than it is to get you to stay away.

Still I can't believe they let him skate there without giving him so much **** he was reduced to tears.

Body guards? Haha
Old 10-28-08, 08:59 PM
this1time

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
dang sniks, didn't mean to come down so hard on your boyfriend. you're right though, everything matches in a pleasant martha stewart manner. sorry if i came off as crabby, it's that time of the month...
Old 10-28-08, 09:55 PM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 1,407 Times in 901 Posts
Originally Posted by wearyourtruth
a black dude walkin around carrying an expensive fixed gear that's way to small for him and you all think he bought that **** legit

What makes you think he didn't? Do you know for a fact that he didn't have the money to? Oh come on, you aren't "profiling" are you?
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Old 10-28-08, 09:56 PM
gotmyusernamechanged
nice to meet me

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by this1time

oh, and to those of you drooling over kaws, give me a break. yeh, he may be rich and famous, but the dude is running a close second to shepard fairey.

oh, skullz? on the cast of family guy? no crap? whodathunk...zzzzzzzzzzz!
well, I mean, that is his thing...
but I can see how people wouldn't think it's all that great. oh well.
Old 10-28-08, 09:59 PM
brandonspeck
everyday I'm hustlin'

Bikes: Surly Crosscheck, Surly Steamrolla

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4doorhoor
That's Burnside, people will tell you it's harder than it is to get you to stay away.

Still I can't believe they let him skate there without giving him so much **** he was reduced to tears.

Body guards? Haha
Exactly... My friend was in Portland and he skated burnside. He's really really good, and he said that even when he threw it down the locals still snubbed him.
Old 10-28-08, 10:59 PM
schnee

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind
What makes you think he didn't? Do you know for a fact that he didn't have the money to? Oh come on, you aren't "profiling" are you?
Either you're being waaaaay too meta for me, or you missed the winky smiley.
Old 10-28-08, 11:23 PM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 1,407 Times in 901 Posts
Originally Posted by schnee
Either you're being waaaaay too meta for me, or you missed the winky smiley.
Um yeah. I did. My bad.
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Old 10-28-08, 11:50 PM
MASHeug
Not the guy from the film

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Kanye, now pharell
Lupe on a Pista Concept next month
Old 10-28-08, 11:51 PM
beatifik
say, by the way...

Bikes: 2 wheels...

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
my friend who is a jewelry designer was once trying to explain pharrel's huge necklace to me and how it's made of several of the rarest and most expensive gold alloys and just how ridiculously expensive and crazy it was. i couldn't believe the type of **** that people spend their money on.

that bike looks like a poor fit.

burnside is insane. i would be afraid to drop in at all.

Old 10-28-08, 11:59 PM
cJajce

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
pharrel=impeccable style. although i think that he could have done alot better with his whip. he should have incorporated either ice cream or bbc in some way.
Old 10-30-08, 04:39 AM
NEWSNEAKERHEAD

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by cJajce
pharrel=impeccable style. although i think that he could have done alot better with his whip. he should have incorporated either ice cream or bbc in some way.
I agree with all the money in the world, this is what he or his stylist came up with? Brutal.......... I really used to dig Pharrell. Now it just seems like he's riding the coat tails of Kanye and Nigo. Not to mention how fat his head has gotten. He used to be really cool, now in interviews he's turned into a freak. Although NERD's first album was definitely the best and still gets rotation with me. After that......? what happened. He could make beats for everyone except himself? Plus needed Kanye and others to sell In My Mind......

Ice Cream and BBC are like the same thing....

Over-priced crap! Different label but the same stuff and it's tired. Not to mention you have to be a billionaire to buy it. 75 dollar fitted's and 75 dollar single color screened t-shirts? Just cause Nigo can get away!

Old 10-30-08, 08:40 AM
Saddle Up
I Love My Dream

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Reading through this thread is five minutes of my life wasted that I will never get back. Sometimes it's good to be out of touch. I have no idea who pharrel is nor do I care enough to find out. Seems like just another dork with more money than brains.
Old 10-30-08, 09:02 AM
NotSoProjectPat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
lol pharrel is a tard and tries to do anything done by mainly white people just so he will stand out from all the other current hip-hop artists... he's like an inverse ******...
and that bike is WAY too small for him! i also like his janitor key ring which probly has keys to a bentley or something on it
Old 10-30-08, 09:19 AM
elTwitcho
Live without dead time

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
For what it's worth, he's frequently photographed on all kinds of different bikes (used to be seen with a BMX alot) so he does ride. To be totally honest he's probably been riding longer than half the tards in this thread currently hating on him...
Old 10-30-08, 10:20 AM
2new2this
Head Chief

Bikes: Motobecane Messenger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by elTwitcho
For what it's worth, he's frequently photographed on all kinds of different bikes (used to be seen with a BMX alot) so he does ride. To be totally honest he's probably been riding longer than half the tards in this thread currently hating on him...
Is he ever photographed riding those bikes? All the ones I have seen he is carrying or just sitting on them not moving. Anyone who purchases bikes made for people that are 10 inches shorter than them is no cyclist. He is just trying to be hip, and if that means carrying around a way undersized bike, that is what he will do.
Old 10-30-08, 11:04 AM
sneaky viking
bum style

Bikes: Poprad, Fuji conversion, Quattro Assi

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NEWSNEAKERHEAD
I agree with all the money in the world, this is what he or his stylist came up with? Brutal.......... I really used to dig Pharrell. Now it just seems like he's riding the coat tails of Kanye and Nigo. Not to mention how fat his head has gotten. He used to be really cool, now in interviews he's turned into a freak. Although NERD's first album was definitely the best and still gets rotation with me. After that......? what happened. He could make beats for everyone except himself? Plus needed Kanye and others to sell In My Mind......

Ice Cream and BBC are like the same thing....

Over-priced crap! Different label but the same stuff and it's tired. Not to mention you have to be a billionaire to buy it. 75 dollar fitted's and 75 dollar single color screened t-shirts? Just cause Nigo can get away!
This is the best thing you've ever posted. 100% spot on.
Old 10-30-08, 11:08 AM
novacane

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i keep glancing at this thread while browsing and thinking that it says 'pharrel's btw' for a second
Old 10-30-08, 01:27 PM
elTwitcho
Live without dead time

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2new2this
Is he ever photographed riding those bikes? All the ones I have seen he is carrying or just sitting on them not moving. Anyone who purchases bikes made for people that are 10 inches shorter than them is no cyclist. He is just trying to be hip, and if that means carrying around a way undersized bike, that is what he will do.
Yeah there's a photo in a book of photographs of celebrities (photographer's name escapes me) where he's riding down an alley at the camera with no hands on the bars or feet on the pedals.

So yeah...
Old 10-30-08, 02:11 PM
NEWSNEAKERHEAD

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by sneaky viking
This is the best thing you've ever posted. 100% spot on.
hahaha!
Thanks..........
..........I think?

Old 10-30-08, 03:40 PM
shogun0808

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Vid of him riding a bike (BMX)....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRGcDO-U8Nc
Old 10-30-08, 04:21 PM
darksiderising

Bikes: Pake track, Soma DoubleCross, LeMond Etape, Maruishi RoadAce 303

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wait. I am confused. Is that a 24" BMX-sized bike?
Old 10-30-08, 06:19 PM
burglnar
Dixie Fixie

Bikes: KHS Flite 100, EAI Bareknuckle

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2new2this
Oh I knew about all that. I am just saying how nice it must be to be able to do that stuff. It wouldn't be as bad if you didn't have to be either black and talented, or white and have wealthy parents to get to that status. The rest of us have to work 20 times as hard for a tiny fraction of what they have. It is kind of messed up, but I can't really take that away from them.
Now I have to call out your ignorance in this post. While I understand your plight, as I pay all my own bills and am putting myself through school thanks to student loans and my own paychecks, you are being totally obtuse. What about black kids with rich parents? What about talented white kids? Or Hispanic kids? Or Asian kids with any of the aforementioned advantages? I'm just saying, it's comments like this that keep us all thinking in terms of color or even class instead of just considering one another as human beings. Sorry for the soapboxing, I just can't put up with that.
Old 10-30-08, 07:30 PM
MASHeug
Not the guy from the film

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by darksiderising
Wait. I am confused. Is that a 24" BMX-sized bike?
No its a 20". He rides in the Lapdance video too (rides standing on the top-tube near the end). He's a small guy.

But why would you be confused by 24", cruisers are fun.
Old 10-30-08, 07:51 PM
2new2this
Head Chief

Bikes: Motobecane Messenger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by burglnar
Now I have to call out your ignorance in this post. While I understand your plight, as I pay all my own bills and am putting myself through school thanks to student loans and my own paychecks, you are being totally obtuse. What about black kids with rich parents? What about talented white kids? Or Hispanic kids? Or Asian kids with any of the aforementioned advantages? I'm just saying, it's comments like this that keep us all thinking in terms of color or even class instead of just considering one another as human beings. Sorry for the soapboxing, I just can't put up with that.
You cannot tell me that every hard working white boy can make just as much money as these superstars. I am just an ignorant fool on a bike though. It really doesn't matter what I think. I should have bit my tongue. I should always bit my tongue.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.