Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Please voice your opinons on this bike/company...

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Please voice your opinons on this bike/company...

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-07, 11:34 AM
Idioteque

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dcbikeguy
Yes.

F*ck no. I have a successful business and can buy something better. Stay in school son and one day you will be able to afford better too. And please pay attention in English class.

Good for you - I think that's wonderful.

What? They must have a better brand of crack out there in Kansas.

And, I am not really a BD hater - I have posted picks of BD bikes that I like quite a few times (look at post #37 in your thread Idioteque - https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=347016).

This extremely vocal BD minority on this forum seems to want my *ss now - well, come and get it boys. I'll drop trou for you right now.
So you said i needed lessons in English language because... that is the most primitive way you found to insult me?

Pretty sad display of trying to put me down, and ironically you even used the age/maturity card when the nature of your post goes... quite against that.

And yeah i will get a nice bike with a 200 dollar fitting when i get out of college and grad school, and buy a BD bike as a beater/commuter, but for now i will be a better representative of the value and quality of BD bikes than you, because i actually own one.
Old 10-03-07, 12:03 AM
Aikidoka

Bikes: One at a time these days

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
In the past few weeks or researching a new bike purchase and catching up on the bike industry I've enjoyed this forum and gotten some great advice/assistance. Some of the best came from some of you (and you may not like this).

When I read posts about bikes to buy and where to buy them I kept seeing posts here about Bikes Direct...over and over and over. All kinds of controversy. I noticed 3 very distinct facts (I like facts):

1) Customers of Bikes Direct loved their bikes or at least were totally satisfied with their purchase. All were happy campers (except for a few posts on perhaps bottom bracket/assembly glitches).

2) Virtually every negative post about Bikes Direct came from people who had never purchased from them and therefor had no experience from which to relate. Their comments therfor had no fact and I must say were purely fictional.

3) Anyone who posted about a Bikes Direct purchase was almost universally attacked and labelled a "shill" although anyone who posted about other purchases was not.

The really interesting part is, without question THE most inefficient way to market your product is "shilling" on forums such as this, its an incredible waste of time for any company...it doesnt work, period. Sure, it might sell a few bikes here and there but if you are out to make a living shilling is one surefire way to end up broke...fast.

The bad news for some of you is that it was YOUR controversy and attacks on BD that got me to go there and I thank you for it. Keep up the good work...anti-shilling sells..alot more than shilling. Its very well known in the marketing industry.

So..to those of you who must anti-shill, consider yourselves shillers for that which you anti-shill...sorry guys but that's the reality I'm sad to say.

Is there a way out? Sure....a real shiller will always burn out and get caught in the act, just ignore it and it will go away.

Cheers

k