Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Pacific Northwest
Reload this Page >

Portland: A ride I'll probably miss...

Search
Notices
Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Alaska

Portland: A ride I'll probably miss...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-09, 07:44 PM
cdotbois

Bikes: '86 Trek 770 Pro Series, 80's Torelli Corsa Strada

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CliftonGK1
For the people who rode it, were a couple of those roads on the de Ronde just hardpack dirt/gravel? It sort of looks like it from the pix. (That's extra hardcore, if that's the case!)
The first climb was pretty much all dirt and mud.

There was a couple other hiking trails throughout the course. One of them was full of rocks and couldn't have been more than 18 inches wide.

Brad Ross happened to be at the bottom, and I said it was pretty sketchy. He told me it was nothing.
Old 04-07-09, 03:03 PM
PandaDisco
Cycle, espresso, cycle

Bikes: Waterford X-14 'Cross, Specialized Tarmac Expert Road, Specialized Tricross Singlespeed Cross

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nelson_fisher
I followed the ride and took photos at several different locations, including the Brynwood and College climbs. I don't know if I got photos of any of you guys from this forum, so I apologize if I missed you. Anyway, feel free to borrow any of the images if you like them. If you want to re-post them, all I ask is photo credit.

Photos are here:
https://www.dmroth.com/ronde_09/ronde09.html
Thanks for the pics!

Here's me all buggered up at the top... I was so warm by this time that I might have well been cycling naked.