Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Show Us Your Bikes Starting With J

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Show Us Your Bikes Starting With J

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-19, 07:28 PM
Mechanicjay

Bikes: 1971 Motobecane Grand Touring, 1975 John Deere Men's Racer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 7 Posts
Somewhat late to the "J" Party, but this make hasn't been represented yet!

Here's a shot of my '75 John Deere Men's Racer. The pic is a bit old, but it's currently hanging in the garage and I can't be arsed to get it down to take a current pic. It still looks pretty much the same, so I guess it doesn't matter In case you're wondering, this is a heavy bike with lots of 2nd rate knock-off parts!

Old 08-14-19, 07:43 PM
velojym

Bikes: Konas: Jake the Snake-Fire Mountain-Zing Supreme, Dew Deluxe,Zone Ltd. (frame, needs parts), Surly Long Haul Trucker, Santana Arriva tandem, Montagues: Paratrooper-Fit, Trek 1200, Bianchi Ocelot, Fantom Cross Uno, Bridgestone 200

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked 227 Times in 122 Posts
Jake the Snake! While it may not be vintage to this crowd, I've been complimented on my 'classic' ride.
Likes For velojym:
Old 08-14-19, 07:49 PM
abellanti

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked 35 Times in 15 Posts
JP Weigle

Likes For abellanti:
Old 08-14-19, 09:20 PM
P!N20

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 1079 Post(s)
Liked 1,899 Times in 931 Posts
Originally Posted by velojym
Jake the Snake! While it may not be vintage to this crowd, I've been complimented on my 'classic' ride.
The K thread is here.
Old 08-17-19, 11:59 AM
conspiratemus1
Used to be Conspiratemus

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked 245 Times in 163 Posts

Jeunet Cyclotouriste 1975

A bit of a mess from out foraging for milkweed leaves on the trails through the wetlands behind our house. (We had a couple dozen hungry monarch caterpillars to feed, now all but two safely en-chrysalized (if that's a word.)
Did all my riding on it, including loaded touring, from '75 (when my Super Course was stolen) till 1981, when fancier bikes began to join the fleet. But the Jeunet just keeps on going, through several years of winter commuting and general bashing around. The front hub is probably the only original part. It's older than it looks because it went through an "All-Allen" conversion some time in the 1980s when I started to have enough money to have Mike braze on various new bits to improve dropouts, brake bridges, bottle cage bosses, etc. It loves having big tires back on it and rides sweetly on gravel, trails, and pavement.

This bike was the first thing I ever bought from the late Mike Barry at Bicyclesport and I was honoured to be able to ride it to his funeral last December.

I take personal responsibility for the DIY paint job and the incorrect decals, the latter being an idea that seemed like a good one at the time.
Definitely a keeper in all other respects.