Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Introduce Yourselves!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-07, 06:28 AM
obelix67
Fat yet photogenic

Bikes: GT avalanche 1.0 disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Good one Denverfox, I am not using the same amount of space
Old 03-21-07, 06:42 AM
DnvrFox
Banned.

Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by obelix67
Good one Denverfox, I am not using the same amount of space
Fortunately I have a lot of space. But, I did have my stuff in a much smaller space prior to moving to this home 5 years ago.
Old 03-23-07, 12:20 PM
dpb13

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
New around here. I'm 6' 6" 280, down from 315 a year ago. I used to ride a lot when I was younger and started up again about 2 years ago. Riding my first century in May (Lodi Sunrise). I ride an Allez Elite.
Old 03-23-07, 07:03 PM
momod
Powerlifting cyclist..

Bikes: Merlin/Spectrum Ti, specialized hardrock, Indy fabs SSR

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Paul L.
201 and 6'1"

Here is me and my ride. Was down below 190 for awhile there until I took a month off to nurse my back and the weight shot above 200 again and hasn't come back down yet.
https://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2...00/Paul_01.jpg

was 200 for the last 18 years but just dropped under for a race..

Paul, that looks a lot like Tucson..
Old 03-24-07, 12:52 PM
XSarge

Bikes: '05 LeMond Big Sky S

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well, do to a leg injury last year I never got out on the road. So now I'm 20 lbs. heavier than last year and feel sick about my health situation. I will start out slow but Monday is Day One of a new me. I have everything I need and it's time to get riding!

Wish me luck,
Don
Old 03-25-07, 06:37 AM
capecodcowboy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
5' 10 1/2 228 pounds (I was 335 at my heaviest) Now I live to ride and ride to live!
Old 03-25-07, 06:42 AM
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by capecodcowboy
5' 10 1/2 228 pounds (I was 335 at my heaviest) Now I live to ride and ride to live!
Haven't seen you here before! Welcome to Clyde's!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant
Old 03-26-07, 05:20 PM
Dale the Yeti
Trekin' in Italy

Bikes: 2001 Trek Fuel 90

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey guys, I've just started riding again this season. It's difficult to get back on after over three years off the bike. The guys I used to ride with are way past my ability. I'm tryin to get down to 180 from 230, hopefully before I have to face my family back in the states. Living in Italy is great except for the food is too good and the beer is even better. I'm back to eating healthier and drinking red wine everyday. I bought a new RockShox fork for my trek as a little motivation to get on and ride. I also invested in a new bike rack for my wagon (yes, I drive a wagon)... It's cool that you guys/we have support and are in the same boat. I look foreward to reading your mileage gains and your weight losses, I also hope to join you in celebrating your success. I'm a young guy and have no business being so outa shape, I turn 32 in a couple of months. Seems the pain is almost always worth the gain. Talk to you all soon I hope.

Ciao,

-Dale
Old 03-26-07, 07:18 PM
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Welcome aboard, Dale, or should I say Beinvenutti (did I spell that right? My Italian is RUSTY!)

Old 03-26-07, 07:37 PM
Chris in WCVA
Mountain Man on a MTB

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey dale! Don't feel bad! By todays definition, your driving a 2wd SUV! Look forward to hearing from you.
Old 03-28-07, 11:30 AM
PEABOB

Bikes: schwin.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just joined this forum today and found this clydsedale bit and in reading the statisitics you all must be yearlings. i am a team of clydesdales by comparison but im working on getting down. i am 6' - 1" and 375 pounds. the wife and just bought recumbent three wheelers for exercise and togetherness. its been great. ill keep ya young ones updated... thanks peabob
Old 03-28-07, 02:13 PM
Tom Stormcrowe

Peabob, 2 years ago, I was 581 pounds and on Oxygen.

Here's now

Welcome to Clyde's!

Old 03-29-07, 09:03 AM
PEABOB

Bikes: schwin.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
WOW!!!!!! Tom thanks for the inspiration..

Tom, thanks for the inspiration. you look like half a man you use to was. i hope to also have successful weight loss for my health. I am diabetic and overweight with bad knees and balance issues. My wife and i just purchased the three wheeler recumbents and have taken them for a ride every day but one due to the rain. i just dont enjoy getting wet. !!!!!! I will have to post a pic of me and my wife with our rides and then do a regular posting to show how we are doing. i need the motivation to do it. I already have the best support network with my lovely bride of 32 years. She is the best. well thanks again Tom hope to hear from you again.. your friend Peabob.
Old 03-29-07, 09:32 AM
Tom Stormcrowe

Originally Posted by PEABOB
Tom, thanks for the inspiration. you look like half a man you use to was. i hope to also have successful weight loss for my health. I am diabetic and overweight with bad knees and balance issues. My wife and i just purchased the three wheeler recumbents and have taken them for a ride every day but one due to the rain. i just dont enjoy getting wet. !!!!!! I will have to post a pic of me and my wife with our rides and then do a regular posting to show how we are doing. i need the motivation to do it. I already have the best support network with my lovely bride of 32 years. She is the best. well thanks again Tom hope to hear from you again.. your friend Peabob.
Cool! I'd also like to extend an invite to Spinner Saturday to you! See the stickey on this forum. I track miles and if you want to, saddle time as well. All you have to do is track the weekly miles and report them either in PM or the thread. I'll be pleased to add you.

What kind of recumbent trikes you two have? My wife is also a 'bent trike rider and rides the Sun EZ3! We're taking off in May to do a 660 mile tour!

Old 03-29-07, 10:15 AM
Apnu

Bikes: 2006 Dahon Jack

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tom Stormcrowe: You are the man! You lost 300+ pounds! I'm 80 pounds over weight, and just starting out. Heart disease runs in my family, and I have horrible cholesterol so I'm riding to live too. But what you've done floors me! You rock!

By the way, here is my into thread with pictures of my ride: https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=282447
Old 03-30-07, 01:17 AM
breadbin

Bikes: Raleigh 531c, Marin Muirwoods, Brodie Romax

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
I second that. Tom you are the man. I'm proud of you. Well done. If I can lose a fraction of what you lost I will be satisfied. I too have heart disease in my family and being top heavy I am a heart attack waiting to happen. I look forward to the day when I can say I am no longer a Clydesdale. No disrespect to this group!
Old 03-30-07, 11:16 AM
jdeane4

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tom congrads on the weight loss. That is so amazing. When I started riding a little while back, I was 235 and I am now down to 212. I am hoping to be down to 200 by the time my wedding comes on July 14th. Cycling is the cure to alot of health problems. Good job Tom!!
Old 03-30-07, 07:17 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 769 Post(s)
Liked 1,748 Times in 1,017 Posts
Originally Posted by PEABOB
I just joined this forum today and found this clydsedale bit and in reading the statisitics you all must be yearlings. i am a team of clydesdales by comparison but im working on getting down. i am 6' - 1" and 375 pounds. the wife and just bought recumbent three wheelers for exercise and togetherness. its been great. ill keep ya young ones updated... thanks peabob
Welcome and welcome to the rest of your life. I was 375 9 months ago and now down to 302. And as Tom has shown, it can be done. We have a lot of success stories here. Get your miles in, watch you diet and soon you will have your own success story.

Old 03-31-07, 06:32 AM
airbrake

Bikes: Electra townie 21 Cannondale Synapse 3

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey Tom got room for one more? I started at 277 and have numbers for previous months if you want to enter them oct-253 nov-250 dec-248 jan-240 feb-245 mar-225 Thanks for all you do, Pat
Old 03-31-07, 06:36 AM
Tom Stormcrowe

Originally Posted by airbrake
Hey Tom got room for one more? I started at 277 and have numbers for previous months if you want to enter them oct-253 nov-250 dec-248 jan-240 feb-245 mar-225 Thanks for all you do, Pat
I'll add ya!

Old 03-31-07, 12:54 PM
mars_nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
new here.......used to ride 300+ miles per week uh.....22 yrs ago. Am 6ft, 280lbs, am sick of thinking that I could body double for Peter Griffin! Just got a Trek Madone 5.0, and am eager to burn off the fat. I work just up from the rose Bowl in Pasadena, so I have no excuses now!
Old 03-31-07, 01:08 PM
Tom Stormcrowe

Originally Posted by mars_nerd
new here.......used to ride 300+ miles per week uh.....22 yrs ago. Am 6ft, 280lbs, am sick of thinking that I could body double for Peter Griffin! Just got a Trek Madone 5.0, and am eager to burn off the fat. I work just up from the rose Bowl in Pasadena, so I have no excuses now!
Welcome mars_nerd!

RE: Your user name.....there isn't the oddest chance you work at JPL? You can PM me the answer if you prefer, or ignore the question entirely........at your leisure!

Old 03-31-07, 01:23 PM
mars_nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
PM'ed you, Tom
Old 03-31-07, 07:34 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 769 Post(s)
Liked 1,748 Times in 1,017 Posts
Originally Posted by Tom Stormcrowe
Welcome mars_nerd!

RE: Your user name.....there isn't the oddest chance you work at JPL? You can PM me the answer if you prefer, or ignore the question entirely........at your leisure!
If you do, I green with envy. That would be on of the coolest job ever. My dad was an engineer at NASA in the 60's and I have always been interested in the Space, Planets, ect. My brother in law is an enginer at the Cape now, so I'm really jealous.

Old 04-02-07, 05:16 PM
Dale the Yeti
Trekin' in Italy

Bikes: 2001 Trek Fuel 90

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hi

Hey guys, thanks for the warm welcome. I look foreward to talking with you.

Ciao,

-Dale

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.