Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

In which country is Poseidon made?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

In which country is Poseidon made?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-20, 08:05 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4357 Post(s)
Liked 3,995 Times in 2,666 Posts
Originally Posted by Gconan
But even better. They were the bike making capitol of the world for a long time. All the mountain bike companies bought from Taiwan. They have no doubt made more American Bikes (like most of the kind bike forums members ride) than anyone.
My American bikes are made in America. Some of the companies that are based here do make in Taiwan but I would call those Taiwanese bikes from an American company. Unless maybe the factory was American ex-pats then maybe.

My Phil Wood Bike was made in San Jose (or somewhere nearby if it was contracted out and not done directly by Phil Wood and Co.) and my Co-Motion Cascadia was made in Eugene, Oregon and my Klein frame was built in Washington if I am not mistaken as was my old Trek 520.
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 06-23-20, 08:48 PM
R200

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I just rode ten miles today on my Poseidon Expressway-SLX single speed. It may not be as fancy as my classic Treks or my Waterford, but it is certainly a far greater value. I had a question when I was putting it together so I called Poseidon and the person I spoke there with was very supportive over the phone. I try to buy products that are made in America by small businesses whenever I can, but there is nothing wrong with my Poseidon.
Likes For R200:
Old 03-15-21, 09:09 AM
foldup

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by veganbikes
My American bikes are made in America. Some of the companies that are based here do make in Taiwan but I would call those Taiwanese bikes from an American company. Unless maybe the factory was American ex-pats then maybe.

My Phil Wood Bike was made in San Jose (or somewhere nearby if it was contracted out and not done directly by Phil Wood and Co.) and my Co-Motion Cascadia was made in Eugene, Oregon and my Klein frame was built in Washington if I am not mistaken as was my old Trek 520.
I did not realize Phil Wood made bikes, that said, my Co-Motion tandem does have Phil Hubs, making the frame and hubs made on the West Coast, but the Shimano derailleurs and Tekno brakes certainly come from far across the Pacific ocean as well as bars, seat posts, etc. I doubt that a new Trek 520 has any components made east of the Pacific, and Klein was bought by Trek long ago, and it looks like Trek stopped making frames in the US 2 or 3 years ago. two links on Bikes made in the USA, yes it is difficult as the goal is to get people out on bikes.... do a search on bikes made in the US and where are Trek bikes made
Old 03-15-21, 10:30 AM
icemilkcoffee 

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1562 Post(s)
Liked 1,734 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
The answer is yes I do not much care for bikes from China. it is universal, it could be $200 or $2000.

Taiwan has much better quality and standards. Not that it matters exceptionally what gender a countries leader is but Taiwan does have a female who was elected and she does support some semblance of LGBTQQI Rights and other more people forward reforms. Plus they have pineapple cake ; )
All the Taiwan OEM's have factories in China. So the dividing line between those two countries is not nearly as clear as you imagine.
Old 03-15-21, 06:23 PM
Atlas Shrugged

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1248 Post(s)
Liked 1,323 Times in 674 Posts
Originally Posted by philbob57
From https://www.poseidonbike.com/collect...iton-gold-dust

They don't say 'unopened box' but what else does 'unopened' mean?
This is for an exchange based on sizing issues not warranty problems.

Last edited by Atlas Shrugged; 03-15-21 at 06:27 PM.
Old 03-17-21, 07:11 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4357 Post(s)
Liked 3,995 Times in 2,666 Posts
Originally Posted by foldup
I did not realize Phil Wood made bikes, that said, my Co-Motion tandem does have Phil Hubs, making the frame and hubs made on the West Coast, but the Shimano derailleurs and Tekno brakes certainly come from far across the Pacific ocean as well as bars, seat posts, etc. I doubt that a new Trek 520 has any components made east of the Pacific, and Klein was bought by Trek long ago, and it looks like Trek stopped making frames in the US 2 or 3 years ago. two links on Bikes made in the USA, yes it is difficult as the goal is to get people out on bikes.... do a search on bikes made in the US and where are Trek bikes made
They didn't for any serious amount of time. I think the Apple VeloXS squad was the only ones who had Phil bikes but I have a feeling there were some prototypes and other stuff in the factory to test products. They did partner with Indy Fab for the P.I.S.S. Off and K.I.S.S. Off.

My real guess is they probably brought someone local in to build them but I don't know nearly enough about the California builders to know for sure.