Notices
Manufacturer, Retailer, Survey and Consumer Feedback As a manufacturer or retailer, do you want opinions and feedback on your products or services? Members, do you have an open letter to publish? Here's a place for both sides of the industry to communicate. Also, surveys and Student Data Colllection projects go in here.

Is Probikekit legit?

Old 08-16-18, 09:18 PM
kyriderus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Is Probikekit legit?

The company has decent prices sometimes but there's a big hidden cost if you are outside Europe. The shipments are NOT insured in the way you think, meaning you can't file a claim with your local post office. If you order let's say a wheel set ~$1700 and the package is "lost" you end up like me fighting the local postal service (USPS in my case) and PBK for a lost package claim. PBK claims a 30 days "investigation" period must take place before they even talk with you. After that period they keep delaying any concrete answer or action so, after more than 45 days since my package was delivered I'm still fighting to recover my loss of $1700.
To me this seems like a shady business with questionable practices! My advice to you is if are ordering from PBK for more than $50 just save your coins and shop somewhere else. The "savings" you see in lower prices is not worth!
Old 08-16-18, 09:38 PM
jefnvk

Bikes: 2016 Novara Mazama

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 3640 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 51 Posts
So don't buy from them? If you already did, file a claim with your credit card?

Can't blame their policies, true package loss is rare these days, fraud far more prevalent.
Old 08-16-18, 10:23 PM
TrojanHorse
SuperGimp

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 147 Post(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 47 Posts
Do they offer shipping insurance? I'm pretty sure I would have declined but I've never had any shipping issues with PBK.
Old 08-17-18, 05:55 AM
JonathanGennick 

Bikes: Priority 600, Priority Continuum, Devinci Dexter

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 685 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 37 Posts
Was the package actually delivered? Please tell me they didn't ship a $1700 wheelset without any tracking.
Old 08-17-18, 06:09 AM
awesomeame

Bikes: 2018 Trek Emonda SL w/Vision metron 40 wheelset, ultegra gruppa. 2010 Intense Tracer VP

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by JonathanGennick
Was the package actually delivered? Please tell me they didn't ship a $1700 wheelset without any tracking.
At that price point they offer standard free untracked, and standard tracked. Even though it costs nothing additional, you still have to select the tracked option if you want it tracked. Maybe the OP didn't select?

I've never had any issues ordering from PBK. As someone else suggested, try your credit card company for a refund.

Matt
Old 08-17-18, 06:17 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18269 Post(s)
Liked 15,185 Times in 7,172 Posts
I am confused. In one breath you suggest the package was lost:

"If you order let's say a wheel set ~$1700 and the package is "lost" you end up like me fighting the local postal service (USPS in my case) and PBK for a lost package claim.

Yet in another breath you say your received your order:

"so, after more than 45 days since my package was delivered"

Please clarify.
Old 08-17-18, 06:43 AM
eja_ bottecchia

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1020 Post(s)
Liked 462 Times in 292 Posts
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Do they offer shipping insurance? I'm pretty sure I would have declined but I've never had any shipping issues with PBK.
They do offer shipping insurance.

I buy tires from them and normally decline the insurance, but if I was buying a higher priced item I would probably get it insured.

Their customer service is spotty and not always the best.
Old 08-17-18, 06:58 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Quoted: 2297 Post(s)
Liked 4,738 Times in 1,719 Posts
I use them all the time. I had a set of Zonda's that got "lost in customs" last year. When I finally got the package it was totally mangled, taped back together, wheels exposed, etc. I snapped several pics before even opening it. I got with PBK customer service and sent them the pics. They got with the shipper (whom they said was responsible). After a day or so they refunded my money and told me I could keep or throw away the wheels. No need to return. So...my only problem order from them was handled quickly and fairly in my book. I've probably ordered from them a couple of dozen times.

This is what I recieved. Tracking showed it sitting in NY customs for a very long time.<br/>
Old 08-17-18, 07:27 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18269 Post(s)
Liked 15,185 Times in 7,172 Posts
I am often willing to pay more for convenience.
Old 08-17-18, 07:31 AM
tagaproject6

Bikes: Wilier Izoard XP (Record);Cinelli Xperience (Force);Specialized Allez (Rival);Bianchi Via Nirone 7 (Centaur); Colnago AC-R Disc;Colnago V1r Limited Edition;De Rosa King 3 Limited(Force 22);DeRosa Merak(Red):Pinarello Dogma 65.1 Hydro(Di2)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 551 Post(s)
Liked 276 Times in 144 Posts
Originally Posted by kyriderus
The company has decent prices sometimes but there's a big hidden cost if you are outside Europe. The shipments are NOT insured in the way you think, meaning you can't file a claim with your local post office. If you order let's say a wheel set ~$1700 and the package is "lost" you end up like me fighting the local postal service (USPS in my case) and PBK for a lost package claim. PBK claims a 30 days "investigation" period must take place before they even talk with you. After that period they keep delaying any concrete answer or action so, after more than 45 days since my package was delivered I'm still fighting to recover my loss of $1700.
To me this seems like a shady business with questionable practices! My advice to you is if are ordering from PBK for more than $50 just save your coins and shop somewhere else. The "savings" you see in lower prices is not worth!
Your first post is to complain about a bad experience with a bike shop?!?!? Sometimes bad things happen and thing don't go the way you want them. Unless this incident is a trend, customers will keep coming. PBK is legit and the savings are always great. Risks are inherent everywhere. You either learn and move on or you sign up on a forum and proclaim you've been wronged.
Old 08-17-18, 07:31 AM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3054 Post(s)
Liked 6,319 Times in 3,658 Posts
Thread moved from General Cycling Discussion forum to Manufacturer Feedback forum.
Old 08-17-18, 08:01 AM
kyriderus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tagaproject6
Your first post is to complain about a bad experience with a bike shop?!?!? Sometimes bad things happen and thing don't go the way you want them. Unless this incident is a trend, customers will keep coming. PBK is legit and the savings are always great. Risks are inherent everywhere. You either learn and move on or you sign up on a forum and proclaim you've been wronged.
Yes, my first post was to share my experience with PBK. I want to know if this is a trend or an isolated incident. What's wrong with that?
You must have a lot of free time to judge what other people post on this forum!
Old 08-17-18, 08:03 AM
kyriderus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JonathanGennick
No, the package was never delivered, the post office just "lost" it after scanning it for delivery. They showed me a picture of the label but that's all they had. I'm guessing somebody at USPS got a nice pair of wheels.
Old 08-17-18, 08:06 AM
kyriderus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jefnvk
So don't buy from them? If you already did, file a claim with your credit card?

Can't blame their policies, true package loss is rare these days, fraud far more prevalent.
Since the purchase was legit the bank won't even discuss a claim. I have to deal with PBK and/or USPS to get my money back.
Old 08-17-18, 08:08 AM
kyriderus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
The package has tracking and was insured but the insurance is with a company in UK so PBK has to file a claim and then refund my purchase. The problem is that PBK wants to wait 30 days from the delivery date to open an "investigation", even though the tracking clearly says "Out for delivery" and it's been like that for almost a month.
Old 08-17-18, 08:23 AM
tagaproject6

Bikes: Wilier Izoard XP (Record);Cinelli Xperience (Force);Specialized Allez (Rival);Bianchi Via Nirone 7 (Centaur); Colnago AC-R Disc;Colnago V1r Limited Edition;De Rosa King 3 Limited(Force 22);DeRosa Merak(Red):Pinarello Dogma 65.1 Hydro(Di2)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 551 Post(s)
Liked 276 Times in 144 Posts
Cool

Yes, my first post was to share my experience with PBK. I want to know if this is a trend or an isolated incident. What's wrong with that?
You must have a lot of free time to judge what other people post on this forum!
No, the package was never delivered, the post office just "lost" it after scanning it for delivery. They showed me a picture of the label but that's all they had. I'm guessing somebody at USPS got a nice pair of wheels.
Yeah, I have time to judge and here you are accusing someone at the post office for stealing your stuff. You are the one who came in here telling people to save their coin and buy somewhere else because you had a bad experience. I've purchased 12 sets of wheels and plenty of tires from PBK within the year and 0 bad experience. If bad things happen I will try to resolve it with them and whoever the carrier is, but i will not come into a forum and tell people not to buy there because of a bad experience. Resolution takes time, you are not the only customer, be patient and HTFU!
Old 08-17-18, 08:35 AM
jefnvk

Bikes: 2016 Novara Mazama

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 3640 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 51 Posts
The package has tracking and was insured but the insurance is with a company in UK so PBK has to file a claim and then refund my purchase. The problem is that PBK wants to wait 30 days from the delivery date to open an "investigation", even though the tracking clearly says "Out for delivery" and it's been like that for almost a month.
Was it actually scanned delivered, or scanned out for delivery? In two posts you say it was both out for delivery, and scanned for delivery.

Details do matter here. Out for delivery means the shipper is still in possession, and they may arrive. A company is not going to want to pay out if a package is still in the shippers possession and it hasnt been a month. Delivered means they are not, and presumably your burden becomes much higher. I had some friends run drop shipping businesses in college, the fraud on things that were supposedly never delivered is astounding, even moreso international where tracking becomes much harder.

Another thought: did USPS leave your wheels on the doorstep perhaps, and they were stolen? And have you tried talking to someone else at your bank? I find it hard to believe they would not let you dispute a transaction in which you never recieved the product in question.
Old 08-18-18, 05:13 AM
kyriderus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jefnvk
Was it actually scanned delivered, or scanned out for delivery? In two posts you say it was both out for delivery, and scanned for delivery.

Details do matter here. Out for delivery means the shipper is still in possession, and they may arrive. A company is not going to want to pay out if a package is still in the shippers possession and it hasnt been a month. Delivered means they are not, and presumably your burden becomes much higher. I had some friends run drop shipping businesses in college, the fraud on things that were supposedly never delivered is astounding, even moreso international where tracking becomes much harder.

Another thought: did USPS leave your wheels on the doorstep perhaps, and they were stolen? And have you tried talking to someone else at your bank? I find it hard to believe they would not let you dispute a transaction in which you never recieved the product in question.
The package was never delivered and USPS is not disputing this fact. They were supposed to get me to sign for delivery so I was home that day waiting. So I know for a fact that nobody tried to deliver the package. From UK to US the package was scanned 15 times or so. The last scan was when the USPS employee took the package from their facility and loaded in the truck for delivery, that's the "Out for delivery" scan. After that scan USPS doesn't know what happened with the package and they can't find it anywhere in their system or facilities.

I understand there can be fraud in the delivery business but when the carrier says we didn't deliver the package and we can't find it after weeks of searching I expect PBK to step up and refund my purchase or send me a new set of wheels. That's what frustrates me about PBK they keep saying let the investigation finish. What's more to investigate? I asked them if they heard back from USPS and if there is anything I can do from here to help speed the process up and the answer I got was "Our team is working on this issue". No updates on the investigation, no details, nothing. At least if somebody from PBK would tell me this is the process, here's where we are and when we expect to have this wrapped up.

Yeah, I thought I have a case for disputing the charge on my CC but the purchase was legit so the bank can't do anything.
Old 08-18-18, 10:31 AM
kyriderus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tagaproject6
Yeah, I have time to judge and here you are accusing someone at the post office for stealing your stuff. You are the one who came in here telling people to save their coin and buy somewhere else because you had a bad experience. I've purchased 12 sets of wheels and plenty of tires from PBK within the year and 0 bad experience. If bad things happen I will try to resolve it with them and whoever the carrier is, but i will not come into a forum and tell people not to buy there because of a bad experience. Resolution takes time, you are not the only customer, be patient and HTFU!
Dude, I'm not sure what's your problem but you need to calm down. I'm glad you had a much better experience shopping at PBK. All I'm doing is sharing my experience and asking for advice about the company.
Old 06-17-19, 07:50 AM
puma1552

Bikes: '17 Colnago C-RS (Full 5800); '16 Specialized Sirrus Elite

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 37 Posts
I can sympathize with OP. I'm on day 74 (?) of trying to get a refund from Wiggle with no end in sight. They are the most incompetent company I have ever dealt with, bar none.

The UK retailers are fine if you have no problems.

Once you have a problem, probably with rare exception like that guy posted above with the mangled wheels, they quickly become a nightmare - google Wiggle return reviews, they are a disaster. These UK retailers are all the same.
Old 06-18-19, 01:32 PM
cranky old road 
Let your bike be the tool

Bikes: '66 Raleigh Carlton, '70 Ron Cooper, '95 Bianchi CD'I, Zonal Frame with Xenon gruppo, Carbon Frame with Record Gruppo, Columbia Twosome, Terry Classic, Bianchi SX, Gravity SS/FG

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked 311 Times in 191 Posts
Yeah, my last experience with PBK was bizarre. Sorry for the lengthy post but the experience was lengthy.
Since I bought clothing and group sets from them years ago (before The Hut bought them) I've received sale emails. They advertised a pair of special edition gray Shimano MTB shoes in my size that included SPD pedals for a price that was "too good to be true" so I ordered them thinking they might be nice for touring some day. (I use SpeedplayX road pedals that are not set up for walking around.) For a couple of months I got emails saying they were aware that my order had not shipped and that they were looking into it. I finally got an email saying that the item was not available. The next day I got an email saying that my order had shipped! When the order arrived a week later or so they were bright white shoes with no pedals. I explained through their internal communication system that the order was incorrect and I needed to return them at their expense. The initial response offered a discount on my next order and a reduced price. I explained that white shoes without pedals were not appropriate for my needs. The response was that return shipping is sometimes more than the value of items and asking if I could get some return shipping quotes. I packed the shoes back up and took them to Fedex and to UPS asking their cheapest service and they wanted around 4 times what I had paid for the shoes. I sent the quotes and got a response asking for the dimensions and weight of the package. I sent that and got an identical query about the dimensions signed by a different name. I copied and re-sent my dimensions communication (all of these communications appear in a list on their page like text messages do on a phone). I got a third identical message. I asked them to read up the series of messages for the information. They asked for a time they could arrange to have the grey shoes picked up (through-out our interactions they had referred to the shipment as if they had sent the item I had ordered and I repeatedly corrected them.) I told them anytime in the next couple of days would be fine with me. They replied that they needed a week's lead time to pick up the gray shoes. I said fine and picked a day a week away. I got a call the next day from Fed-Ex asking if we could set a time the next day to pick the box up and they did. After a week or so I got a message that they had received the gray shoes and a refund would be credited to my card, but the amount indicated did not include the shipping charge. I explained that they were to refund the shipping as well, and finally did get a full refund. I still get weekly sale emails from them.
Old 09-06-19, 07:01 PM
thaihachapi@gma

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angry ProBikeKit, what is their phone number?

Ordered Campagnolo Bullet 50 wheels with Shimano free hub; Got Campagnolo free hub instead. Incompatable with my bike. Order was a month late, and now I haven't ridden for that long. How do you get in contact with these people, other than a mailed letter.
Old 09-06-19, 07:18 PM
jadocs

Bikes: Ti, Mn Cr Ni Mo Nb, Al, C

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 942 Post(s)
Liked 526 Times in 349 Posts
The package was never delivered and USPS is not disputing this fact. They were supposed to get me to sign for delivery so I was home that day waiting. So I know for a fact that nobody tried to deliver the package. From UK to US the package was scanned 15 times or so. The last scan was when the USPS employee took the package from their facility and loaded in the truck for delivery, that's the "Out for delivery" scan. After that scan USPS doesn't know what happened with the package and they can't find it anywhere in their system or facilities.

I understand there can be fraud in the delivery business but when the carrier says we didn't deliver the package and we can't find it after weeks of searching I expect PBK to step up and refund my purchase or send me a new set of wheels. That's what frustrates me about PBK they keep saying let the investigation finish. What's more to investigate? I asked them if they heard back from USPS and if there is anything I can do from here to help speed the process up and the answer I got was "Our team is working on this issue". No updates on the investigation, no details, nothing. At least if somebody from PBK would tell me this is the process, here's where we are and when we expect to have this wrapped up.

Yeah, I thought I have a case for disputing the charge on my CC but the purchase was legit so the bank can't do anything.
Since it was scanned as “out for delivery” and you never got it you should be able to call the local post office and have them ask the driver what the heck is up. I’ve done that once myself. You have a date/time group that can be traced back to the driver. You could also confront the driver. I’ve been known to chase them down when I had a package that was out for delivery and it was not delivered with the rest of my mail. Do you know what he told me? “I was running late”...yeah like that is an acceptable excuse. Lazy stupid people.

Last edited by jadocs; 09-06-19 at 07:22 PM.
Old 05-20-20, 12:44 PM
evosil98

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I know this is an old thread but I recently ordered from ProBikeKit and was asked to provide a scanned image of my US Passport.

Has anyone experienced this?
Old 05-20-20, 01:16 PM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3629 Post(s)
Liked 5,297 Times in 2,690 Posts
Very strange! I suggest you start a new thread in General, see if any other UK sellers are asking for this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.