Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

I feel like I really need this Bianchi but do I?

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

I feel like I really need this Bianchi but do I?

Old 01-19-19, 03:48 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 191 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2910 Post(s)
Liked 2,830 Times in 1,457 Posts
Bidding is over $200 with just over an hour to go so I'm out.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 01-19-19, 03:59 PM
GrainBrain

Bikes: LeMond Zurich, Giant Talon 29er

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1218 Post(s)
Liked 609 Times in 458 Posts
Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
I made a comment about the meal served to Clemson making America officially white trash, I guess I hurt someone's feelings. There doesn't seem to be a derailleur at all just a chain, no cogs. I was actually just figuring it would be the frame and set of wheels I could sell off cheap.
Pfft what a wacky way to get censored. You inspired me to do a little eBay perusing and I found this '83 or '84 Univega Gran Tourismo frameset for about $135 shipped but I passed. I need to wander down to the bike co-op and see if they have any 56cm touring framesets. I think it was far too overpriced anyway plus a stripped derailleur hanger. There's such slim pickings in my area that I can't help but look at anything around $120.

https://ebay.us/OqnoR8
Old 01-27-19, 02:51 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

So this reared it's metallic Celeste head tube again. The seller emailed me this morning and said the winning bidder never paid. Winning bid was $205 to my throwaway bid of $203.50. I told hims I would buy it, to keep him from having to repost it, for $200 shipped. I haven't heard back so we'll see

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 01-27-19, 03:44 PM
skillasw
vintage Bianchiist

Bikes: Bianchis, 84 Superleggera, 86 Giro, 87 SportSx, 87 Campd'Italia, 87 Limited, 88 Proto, 95 TSXChorus, 94 TSX105/DAax, 94 Super Grizzley RC, 94 Genius Record, 06 Pinella Boron, 18 Volpe Avanti, 00 Megapro ST Veloce00 EM Strada OS

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
The 1987 Limited remains one of my favorite bikes, and it definitely the most fun to ride. I would buy this bike for 2oo even if i was broke (which i am)....I have always wanted one in metallic celeste, I already let one go, one day Im patient.
Old 01-27-19, 05:34 PM
sykerocker 

Bikes: The keepers: 1958 Raleigh Lenton Grand Prix, 1968 Ranger, 1969 Magneet Sprint, 1971 Gitane Tour de France, 1973 Raleigh Tourist, 3 - 1986 Rossins, and a '77 PX-10 frame in process.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked 237 Times in 129 Posts
Bianchigirl is asking whether or not she needs this Bianchi.

If the answer turns out to be no . . . . .

I'll expect to see a public announcement that you've changed your forum name with the following 48 hours. With new name listed.

Congratulations on the Facebook banning. Somehow, I don't seem to have the ability to piss people off easily enough to risk that. Makes me feel less of a man, or something like that, I guess.

“No one in this world, so far as I know — and I have searched the records for years, and employed agents to help me — has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby.”

H.L. Mencken, (1926)

Old 05-18-19, 01:19 PM
Manke5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bianchigirll I can’t message you yet I’m new.

I acquired a Bianchi Champione D’italia, it is black with Celeste bar wraps seat and logos. It has shimano105 crank , Quattro hubs, ofmega head set, ipiemme, seat post, selle italia seat, modolo Quattro breaks, ITM handle bars, ambrosio 19 elite rims, and I was wondering if anyone knows the year made . I found another one that they said was 1989. Any help would be appreciated I’m new and understanding why road bikes are amazing.
Old 05-18-19, 06:43 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Originally Posted by Manke5
I acquired a Bianchi Champione D’italia,(CdI) it is black with Celeste bar wraps seat and logos. It has shimano105 crank , Quattro hubs, ofmega head set, ipiemme, seat post, selle italia seat, modolo Quattro breaks, ITM handle bars, ambrosio 19 elite rims, and I was wondering if anyone knows the year made . I found another one that they said was 1989. Any help would be appreciated I’m new and understanding why road bikes are amazing.
Hello and Welcome to the forums. It sure sounds like an '89 to me. The Quattro was more or less a one shot deal and the '89 (and '90 but I think only the leftovers from '88 was all that was available) CdI was the only bike I ever saw it on.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 05-18-19, 07:14 PM
BFisher

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 767 Post(s)
Liked 1,897 Times in 889 Posts
Also came on this '89 Puch Mistral Leader (Bianchi-made).

It works great, and the bike is a very, very nice riding machine!
Likes For BFisher:
Old 05-18-19, 07:43 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Interesting and pretty. I've heard of Bianchi built Puchs. I wonder if this is a just a CdI with different decals.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 05-18-19, 07:47 PM
Manke5

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you !

I found it hanging in a garage and the new owners said it had been there for years and no one wanted it so take it for free. The tallest gear had never been touched, I’m pretty sure the tires are original and very old with dry rot on the side walls, I took it down and have put a couple hours on it so far doing no work to it ,I’m definitely in love with road bikes now. Is this a top of the line model for that year ? I’m only wondering so I can sort of know what I’m riding as in feel and what the parts for what models would feel like.
Old 05-18-19, 07:51 PM
BFisher

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 767 Post(s)
Liked 1,897 Times in 889 Posts
@Bianchigirll, here is the rundown:
· Frame/Fork: Columbus Cromor, 55cm ST, 55cm TT, 40cm chain stay, 105cm wheelbase, Gipiemme forkends and dropouts.

· Headset: Ofmega

· Crankset: Ofmega “Quattro” 52/42

· Bottom Bracket: Ofmega

· Pedals: Ofmega Master Pista w/Ale clips & white leather straps

· Derailleurs: Suntour “Quattro”(Cyclone 7000)

· Freewheel: Suntour 7 speed 13-26, w/ Suntour chain

· Shifters: Suntour Accushift downtube

· Rims: Ambrosio Extra Elite Durex 19 36h

· Hubs: Quattro (Ofmega?)

· Brakes: Modolo “Quattro” (Mach 1?)

· Handlebar: Puch 39cm (ITM?)

· Stem: Puch branded ITM, 80mm

· Seat Post: ITM fluted, 27.2

· Saddle: Iscaselle, white

Wrap: Bike ribbon, white

No idea about frame angles, fork dimensions, etc.
Old 05-18-19, 07:53 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

OH BTW; This recently sold for $360 which I find inconceivable! https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bianchi-Roa...orig_cvip=true

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 05-18-19, 09:57 PM
Manke5

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
23mm tires can I use 25mm

I understand the 23mm and 25 is a little wider, will 25mm fit on the old style rims that I have ? I have never taken it apart to see what it is like.
Old 05-18-19, 10:10 PM
Manke5

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Never mind

found the information, don’t do it , tire will bubble. Forgive the newbie .
Old 05-19-19, 05:17 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

I found it hanging in a garage and the new owners said it had been there for years and no one wanted it so take it for free. The tallest gear had never been touched, I’m pretty sure the tires are original and very old with dry rot on the side walls, I took it down and have put a couple hours on it so far doing no work to it ,I’m definitely in love with road bikes now. Is this a top of the line model for that year ? I’m only wondering so I can sort of know what I’m riding as in feel and what the parts for what models would feel like.
I am glad you are enjoying your new Bianchi but you really should have the bearings serviced. Grease dries out with age and the OEM is usually not the best anyway, so have it checked out before you get many more miles on it.

The CdI was a middle of the road bike, general in the entry level racer class.

I understand the 23mm and 25 is a little wider, will 25mm fit on the old style rims that I have ? I have never taken it apart to see what it is like.
You should be able to fit 25 tires on that bike. Depending on the brand there isn't a huge visual difference but 25 ride so much better

found the information, don’t do it , tire will bubble. Forgive the newbie .
What? what do you mean bubble? do you have a link to this information?

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 05-19-19, 06:14 AM
gear64

Bikes: State Black Label All Road, Univega Gran Premio, Lotus Classique, Terranaut Metro

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked 94 Times in 62 Posts
Originally Posted by sykerocker
Bianchigirl is asking whether or not she needs this Bianchi.

If the answer turns out to be no . . . . .

I'll expect to see a public announcement that you've changed your forum name with the following 48 hours. With new name listed.

Congratulations on the Facebook banning. Somehow, I don't seem to have the ability to piss people off easily enough to risk that. Makes me feel less of a man, or something like that, I guess.
I lasted a month on Facebook before I blocked everyone I had previously connected with, then disabled/deleted my account. It was so long ago.... Haven't missed it one bit.
Likes For gear64:
Old 05-19-19, 09:52 AM
ColonelSanders
Banned.

Bikes: 2017 Surly Troll with XT Drive Train, 2017 Merida Big Nine XT Edition, 2016 Giant Toughroad SLR 2, 1995 Trek 830

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 1916 Post(s)
Liked 310 Times in 218 Posts
So this reared it's metallic Celeste head tube again. The seller emailed me this morning and said the winning bidder never paid. Winning bid was $205 to my throwaway bid of $203.50. I told hims I would buy it, to keep him from having to repost it, for $200 shipped. I haven't heard back so we'll see

Did you ever end up with this bike?
Old 05-19-19, 12:18 PM
jet sanchEz

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 947 Post(s)
Liked 849 Times in 386 Posts
Where would I find those hoods? Gum coloured hoods for Shimano?
Old 05-19-19, 01:32 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Originally Posted by ColonelSanders
Did you ever end up with this bike?

See post #37 The seller seems to have put the OEM wheels or something closer to them, and it actually sold for $360

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Likes For Bianchigirll:
Old 05-20-19, 07:59 AM
stardognine
Partially Sane.

Bikes: Soma Saga, pre-disc

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 972 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 468 Posts
See post #37 The seller seems to have put the OEM wheels or something closer to them, and it actually sold for $360
So you lost out, because you wouldn't cough up another $5 ???? What were you thinking? 🤔😉
Old 05-21-19, 04:15 PM
Manke5

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I’m 5’7” is a Bianchi champione italia to big for me ?

I have a 1989 champione d’italia , I’m 5’7” all the information I have found says it is a 60cm frame. Is this big to big for me ?
Old 05-21-19, 05:41 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Quoted: 4493 Post(s)
Liked 6,297 Times in 3,632 Posts
I have a 1989 champione d’italia , I’m 5’7” all the information I have found says it is a 60cm frame. Is this big to big for me ?
Maybe, can you stand over it with both feet flat on the ground and reach the bars comfortably when seated?
Old 05-21-19, 05:56 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Originally Posted by stardognine
So you lost out, because you wouldn't cough up another $5 ???? What were you thinking? 🤔😉
well there was shipping. Well I don’t really need it I just would like to have a Formula 2 frame again. I had originally decided since the RD was missing as well as OEM wheels $200 + shipping was my top price

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 05-21-19, 05:58 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

The Campione de Italia came in a variety of sizes from around a 50cm frame to either a 61 or maybe a 63. The only way to really tell the size is to measure it.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 05-21-19, 06:02 PM
squirtdad

Bikes: Kirk Custom JK Special, '84 Team Miyata,(dura ace old school) 80?? SR Semi-Pro 600 Arabesque

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Quoted: 2302 Post(s)
Liked 2,736 Times in 1,497 Posts
almost certainly.........if it is really a 60

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.