Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

New road ID with fancy buckle

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-19, 03:23 PM
thehammerdog

Bikes: Road bike is a Carbon Bianchi C2C & Grandis (1980's), Gary Fisher Mt Bike, Trek Tandem & Mongoose SS MTB circa 1992.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 722 Post(s)
Liked 353 Times in 226 Posts

Road ID
I ordered a new one as the old one got list. After getting an email with mega discount I ordered the yellow 13mm version with metal buckle
I like it very much looks cool comfy now my wife can relax when i got out on the road.
Old 08-03-19, 03:57 PM
trailangel

Bikes: Schwinn Varsity

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1931 Post(s)
Liked 742 Times in 422 Posts
I got the other version.. velcro. These new ones are better.
Really leaves my mind at ease with my brothers phone # on it....told him when he gets the call retrieve the body and pay for it.
Old 08-04-19, 01:58 AM
AmFaeEmbra
NewKidInTown

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
I have a credit card sized piece of paper with my medical notes on one side and my contact details and my photo plus contact's contact details on the other. It's laminated to protect it and sits in my saddle bag - it's also very handy as a tyre boot if needed.
Ah, but won't that get missed in the hustle and bustle of an accident you ask?
I also have my name and home details with blood group and allergy on bright yellow Dymo tape on my helmet.
Me, a Tight Scot? Definitely
Old 08-04-19, 05:31 AM
ucfdad

Bikes: Trek Verve 3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by AmFaeEmbra
I have a credit card sized piece of paper with my medical notes on one side and my contact details and my photo plus contact's contact details on the other. It's laminated to protect it and sits in my saddle bag - it's also very handy as a tyre boot if needed.
I also have my name and home details with blood group and allergy on bright yellow Dymo tape on my helmet.
The important thing is to have this information somewhere in case of a bad wreck. I bought the Roadid with the clasp like the OP and am happy with it.
Old 08-04-19, 09:11 AM
OldTryGuy

Bikes: Day6 Semi Recumbent "FIREBALL", 1981 Custom Touring Paramount, 1983 Road Paramount, 2013 Giant Propel Advanced SL3, 2018 Specialized Red Roubaix Expert mech., 2002 Magna 7sp hybrid, 1976 Bassett Racing 45sp Cruiser

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1066 Post(s)
Liked 780 Times in 502 Posts
Originally Posted by thehammerdog

Road ID
I ordered a new one as the old one got list. After getting an email with mega discount I ordered the yellow 13mm version with metal buckle
I like it very much looks cool comfy now my wife can relax when i got out on the road.
Strap is grooved much more than my 6yo strap but buckle is the same. Lost the previous Velcro strap RoadID while swimming in the Gulf of Mexico preparing for IMFL. RoadID sent a new one NC. A month+ later a woman found the old one in the sand. I called RoadID and said I'd pay for the new one, they said Don't worry about it.

Originally Posted by AmFaeEmbra
Originally Posted by ucfdad
The important thing is to have this information somewhere in case of a bad wreck. I bought the Roadid with the clasp like the OP and am happy with it.
Info on a card or on a helmet might not be with you in the ER when they are checking over your body if you are unconscious. 2011 when in ER with bike crash broken neck/collar bone/compressed verts. the personel went to RoadID info on my band. Have had runners tell me about the tags on their shoes. I tell them about how often one sees shoes far from their owner after being hit by a vehicle.
Old 08-04-19, 10:13 AM
Bigbus
Very Senior Member

Bikes: Giant Quasar & Fuji Roubaix

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 413 Post(s)
Liked 343 Times in 244 Posts
I carry one of my dog tags in a rubber sleeve (no glare or reflection) with a few bucks for emergency coffee tucked in with it. To this day neither have been needed.