Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Had a minor accident with a man on a bicycle

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Old 08-15-19, 09:01 PM
RMoudatir

Bikes: 2016 Specialized Allez Elite

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Today I was delivering something in Downtown Los Angeles and on a street I made a right turn about 10-15 mph and this man who I had actually seen earlier just riding his bike all over the street in the middle of traffic was on the wrong side of the road hugging close to some cars and he just came out of nowhere, I swerved my bike to the left to avoid him crashing into me head on and my front tire loses it's footing then I fall over my bike. The man acts like nothing happens and carries on what he was doing. This lady was in front of the incident by a taco stand and she just tells me "you gotta pay attention!" while she was smirking at me. My right shifter crushed and broke at the top but still works and the stem/fork shifted like 90 degrees to the right but can just readjust it. I have this nasty lump on my left shin it hurts a lot when I walk, In the moment it didn't hurt at all and I was just pissed off with the guy, I just let him go since he seemed like one of those homeless people on the streets typically.
Old 08-15-19, 09:15 PM
Rage
Space Ghost

Bikes: Gary Fisher Big Sur, Iro Mark V, Bridgestone RB-1, Bridgestone 400, Fuji Connoisseur, Fuji Club, KHS Winner, Scott Speedster, Jamis Eureka, GT idrive race, a bunch more

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
I’m just glad you’re mostly okay.
Old 08-16-19, 03:31 AM
tim24k

Bikes: To many to list. I like them all!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Rage View Post
Iím just glad youíre mostly okay.
+ one!
Sadly I see the homeless doing things like that here a lot.
Old 08-16-19, 04:47 AM
FlMTNdude

Bikes: 1988 Panasonic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 20 Posts
I was embarrassed by a near miss with a cyclist yesterday. Was in my service truck, strobes on, pulling out of a tight parallel parking spot downtown in heavy rain. Nearly did not see a cyclist coming up in the bike lane, fully lit. I usually am pretty good with this, as I mostly bike commute. Sometimes nearly unavoidable.
Good to hear you are ok.
Old 08-16-19, 06:53 PM
Korina
Happy banana slug

Location: Arcata, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way

Bikes: 1992 Specialized Rockhopper Sport, 2016 Giant Liv Rove Lite, 1995 Trek Singletrack 930, 1994 Trek Multitrack 750

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)
Liked 121 Times in 91 Posts
Those riders are why drivers generally try to give me 8' when passing. {sigh} OP, I'm glad you're mostly okay.