Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Carbonda Bikes

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-20, 12:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Carbonda Bikes

Hi All

As the title states – I am seriously considering purchasing a gravel frame from Carbonda (Chines carbon manufacturer) to build up. Has anyone had any experience with this brand and their products?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Last edited by 996; 02-18-20 at 02:49 PM.
Old 02-18-20, 02:37 PM
gravelED

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
I rode one (505) for about a year, great frame for the price, but...
Don't waste your time with the cheap headset, axles, or seatpost. If you decide to get one, just buy the frameset and purchase axles, headset and seatpost separately. There is a long thread on Riding Gravel with tons of reviews and pics. If you have any specific questions let me know.
Old 02-18-20, 02:55 PM

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by gravelED
I rode one (505) for about a year, great frame for the price, but...
Don't waste your time with the cheap headset, axles, or seatpost. If you decide to get one, just buy the frameset and purchase axles, headset and seatpost separately. There is a long thread on Riding Gravel with tons of reviews and pics. If you have any specific questions let me know.
Appreciate that input. I think I have seen that thread - will check it out again.

Wanted to know if you knew what the grade of carbon fiber was that is used on the bike (T800, T100) etc. Did you have any problems with the stiffness?

Thanks!
Old 02-18-20, 05:59 PM
gravelED

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 996
Appreciate that input. I think I have seen that thread - will check it out again.

Wanted to know if you knew what the grade of carbon fiber was that is used on the bike (T800, T100) etc. Did you have any problems with the stiffness?

Thanks!
I don't know what grade of carbon fiber are used on these, but my frame (54cm) was plenty stiff (I''m just under 200 lbs). I had no problems other than the paint chipping, but that was because I painted it myself with the wrong primer forcing me to repaint it after a few months. If I had to do it again, I'd pay the extra to have Carbonda paint it.
Old 02-18-20, 09:48 PM
Elvo

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Liked 369 Times in 206 Posts

Yes they are legit. Built this whole thing up for $1200 including the wheels
Likes For Elvo:
Old 02-25-20, 10:03 PM
gravelslider

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Nice looking!
Old 02-25-20, 10:25 PM
bonsai171

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 750 Post(s)
Liked 90 Times in 70 Posts
Originally Posted by Elvo

Yes they are legit. Built this whole thing up for $1200 including the wheels
What wheels did you use? That's a pretty sweet bike! I have been pricing out a gravel bike for a while, cheapest I can build one is 2k. Was wondering if you have suggestions?

Dave