Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

No TP.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-20, 02:05 PM
gearbasher

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked 892 Times in 381 Posts
Originally Posted by Hudson308
Dude. You only use one sheet?!?!?
I guess you don't get my poor attempt at humor. But, I always wondered why they perforated TP anyhow.
Likes For gearbasher:
Old 03-20-20, 02:31 PM
crank_addict
Banned

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Quoted: 1361 Post(s)
Liked 423 Times in 282 Posts
All I wanna do is have some fun

After her split from Lance Armstrong in 2006, Sheryl Crow out on tour 2007 and
view on toilet paper: one sheet a visit~~~~

Environmental bowel movements: Singer tells the Global Warming College Tour to limit use to one square normally, two to three squares on 'pesky occasions'.
Old 03-20-20, 02:47 PM
clubman 
Phyllo-buster

Bikes: roadsters, club bikes, fixed and classic

Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
Quoted: 2297 Post(s)
Liked 2,054 Times in 1,254 Posts
Originally Posted by crank_addict

Environmental bowel movements: Singer tells the Global Warming College Tour to limit use to one square normally, two to three squares on 'pesky occasions'.
I wish I had Sheryl's arse! Kinda...
Likes For clubman:
Old 03-20-20, 02:50 PM
gearbasher

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked 892 Times in 381 Posts
Old 03-20-20, 03:07 PM
mgopack42 

Bikes: 2020 Argon 18 Krypton Pro, 1985 Masi 3V Volumetrica, 3Rensho Super Record Aero, 2022 Trek District 4.

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked 424 Times in 206 Posts
^^^^classic! (but probably not vintage)
Old 03-20-20, 03:31 PM
madpogue 

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 2362 Post(s)
Liked 1,749 Times in 1,191 Posts
Originally Posted by jetboy
particularly that triceratops can't spell. I have always noticed that about them.
Well that's why they went extinct, right?
Likes For madpogue:
Old 03-20-20, 05:14 PM
Vintage_Cyclist

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 512 Post(s)
Liked 409 Times in 176 Posts
PSA: Reminder, cats are a-holes.

Old 03-20-20, 05:23 PM
jackbombay

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 457 Post(s)
Liked 462 Times in 270 Posts
Originally Posted by Vintage_Cyclist
PSA: Reminder, cats are a-holes.

Thats staged!

Anyone that has a cat loads the TP in the "under" position!
Likes For jackbombay:
Old 03-20-20, 05:58 PM
stardognine
Partially Sane.

Bikes: Soma Saga, pre-disc

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 972 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 468 Posts
Originally Posted by crank_addict

'.
I don’t really know Sheryl’s music, but like that song. 👍 If I continue North now, on my bike tour, I’ll go through Santa Monica, and thought of that song a few times recently. 😎

I’m in San Clemente now, after bypassing Camp Pendleton, by riding up I-5. I did that yesterday, then got rained on good overnight. 🙄 So today’s an off day, to rest & goof off. 😁

Last edited by stardognine; 03-20-20 at 06:03 PM.
Likes For stardognine:
Old 03-20-20, 06:07 PM
jetboy 

Bikes: centurion cinelli equipe, look hinault 753, Zunow z-1, 83 stumpy sport

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quoted: 814 Post(s)
Liked 331 Times in 186 Posts
Originally Posted by stardognine
I don’t really know Sheryl’s music, but like that song. 👍 If I continue North now, on my bike tour, I’ll go through Santa Monica, and thought of that song a few times recently. 😎

I’m in San Clemente now, after bypassing Camp Pendleton, by riding up I-5. I did that yesterday, then got rained on good overnight. 🙄 So today’s an off day, to rest & goof off. 😁
Sheryl Crow is the shiznit. Long before the doping came to light, Lance dumped her while she had breast cancer. At that point I was like F%&^ Lance Armstrong. But really, she is so better off without him.
Likes For jetboy:
Old 03-20-20, 06:09 PM
jetboy 

Originally Posted by madpogue
Well that's why they went extinct, right?
I kid because I actually have a bidet, have had for years, - so suck it up you late comers!
Likes For jetboy:
Old 03-20-20, 06:18 PM
stardognine
Partially Sane.

And while I’m goofing off, here’s a pic of a crazy flower bush I slept by last night. 🙂 I’m still not sure what woke me up, but when I did, a hummingbird and several bees were here, pollinatin’ & things. 😎 The hummingbird stopped right in front of me, as it was leaving. It hovered about 3 feet away, but changed positions like 5 or 6 times, like a pattern or something, then just went about it’s day. 😁
Old 03-20-20, 07:29 PM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked 358 Times in 241 Posts
Originally Posted by Hudson308
Dude. You only use one sheet?!?!?
If the DI said to, you're damned right you do( See #28 above for instructions)

Bill

I Can Do All Things Through Him, Who Gives Me Strength. Philippians 4:13

Likes For qcpmsame:
Old 03-21-20, 10:03 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked 2,923 Times in 1,491 Posts
It is kind of sad. I've never been to a Black Friday opening but I guess the market was kind of like that this morning. My sister and I didn't really have to have anything but she is sick with the Fantavirus I picked at a college production a Grease two weeks ago. So I got up early to go and get her some soup and medicine. It was both sad and funny to see Americans race walking to get in the store and then get to certain items, like the now infamous YUGE bundles of TP. I found some soup I thought she would like, there wasn't much there even at 0715, and I put two cans in the cart.. then thought 4 might be better. I started to reach for 6 and stopped myself. Was taking 4 out what appeared to a 24 can case hoarding? Was taking 6? I ended up with 4 of one and 2 of another. The same happened with T. we're down to around 7 rolls between us and could probable last another week at least but I saw some and pick up and pack. I started to reach for another and stopped myself since we really didn't need 36 MEGA ROLLS which are equivalent to 144 regular rolls.

I think Ameica will have a tough time dealing because too many of us tend to arrogant, greedy and just plain mean.

On a lighter note

PS BUY GIRL SCOUT COOKIES!!!!! THEY ARE STILL AVAILABLE AND THE GIRLS NEED YOUR HELP.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Likes For Bianchigirll:
Old 03-21-20, 10:04 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Likes For Bianchigirll:
Old 03-21-20, 10:31 AM
stardognine
Partially Sane.

Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
PS BUY GIRL SCOUT COOKIES!!!!! THEY ARE STILL AVAILABLE AND THE GIRLS NEED YOUR HELP.
Yes Ma’am, as soon as possible. 😍🤪😍 Those darn girls always see me coming, and cash in while the cashing is good. 😁😉
Likes For stardognine:
Old 03-21-20, 10:42 AM
52telecaster
ambulatory senior

Bikes: Austro Daimler modified by Gugie! Raleigh Professional and lots of other bikes.

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 1955 Post(s)
Liked 3,661 Times in 1,679 Posts
Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
It is kind of sad. I've never been to a Black Friday opening but I guess the market was kind of like that this morning. My sister and I didn't really have to have anything but she is sick with the Fantavirus I picked at a college production a Grease two weeks ago. So I got up early to go and get her some soup and medicine. It was both sad and funny to see Americans race walking to get in the store and then get to certain items, like the now infamous YUGE bundles of TP. I found some soup I thought she would like, there wasn't much there even at 0715, and I put two cans in the cart.. then thought 4 might be better. I started to reach for 6 and stopped myself. Was taking 4 out what appeared to a 24 can case hoarding? Was taking 6? I ended up with 4 of one and 2 of another. The same happened with T. we're down to around 7 rolls between us and could probable last another week at least but I saw some and pick up and pack. I started to reach for another and stopped myself since we really didn't need 36 MEGA ROLLS which are equivalent to 144 regular rolls.

I think Ameica will have a tough time dealing because too many of us tend to arrogant, greedy and just plain mean.

On a lighter note

i have been riding my bike to the same store every couple of days just for something to do. I cant really horde too much with 2 panniers... what was heartening the last visit was that they had a tp display with a limit of 2 packages and folks were taking only one. I always thank the cashier for being there. I am sure they see some bad displays of the human condition.
Likes For 52telecaster:
Old 03-21-20, 10:44 AM
capnjonny 

Bikes: Miyata 610(66cm), GT Vantara Hybrid (64cm), Nishiki International (64cm), Peugeot rat rod (62 cm), Trek 800 Burning Man helicopter bike, Bob Jackson frame (to be restored?) plus a never ending stream of neglected waifs from the Bike exchange.

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked 632 Times in 229 Posts
Glad to see some here at least acknowledging that we are in crisis mode. Here in Silly cone valley things are completely shut down. I haven't been to the grocery store or any where else in a week and don't plan on going out anywhere but Safeway for months.

Anyone who thinks this will be over in a few weeks is delusional. In a few weeks people will be dying in the halls of makeshift hospitals in places like NYC.

Why our federal government isn't doing all it can RIGHT NOW is a disgrace.

My wife and I are 72 years old. she has health problems. I have her barricaded in her room for the duration because we know that if she gets sick she will probably need a ventilator and there won't be one .

A lifetime of paying for high quality health care isn't going to matter when all the hospitals are full and they are letting the old die to save the young.

I only pray that the Great State of California will step up where the feds aren't and find some factory that can start making the critical supplies we need NOW!

Oh, and here is a pic of the Botteccia I just finished.
Likes For capnjonny:
Old 03-21-20, 10:52 AM
52telecaster
ambulatory senior

Bikes: Austro Daimler modified by Gugie! Raleigh Professional and lots of other bikes.

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 1955 Post(s)
Liked 3,661 Times in 1,679 Posts
Originally Posted by capnjonny
Glad to see some here at least acknowledging that we are in crisis mode. Here in Silly cone valley things are completely shut down. I haven't been to the grocery store or any where else in a week and don't plan on going out anywhere but Safeway for months.

Anyone who thinks this will be over in a few weeks is delusional. In a few weeks people will be dying in the halls of makeshift hospitals in places like NYC.

My wife and I are 72 years old. she has health problems. I have her barricaded in her room for the duration because we know that if she gets sick she will probably need a ventilator and there won't be one .

A lifetime of paying for high quality health care isn't going to matter when all the hospitals are full and they are letting the old die to save the young.

I only pray that the Great State of California will step up where the feds aren't and find some factory that can start making the critical supplies we need NOW!

best to you and yours man. Lovely bike!
Old 03-21-20, 10:55 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Great looking Bottecchia!

It will be interesting to see how or even if manufacturing and warehousing change in the near future. Centralized manufacturing and shipping from there to all points while economical may be a thing of past or it might stay based on corporate greed. The same with inventories.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Likes For Bianchigirll:
Old 03-21-20, 11:29 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Yes Ma’am, as soon as possible. 😍🤪😍 Those darn girls always see me coming, and cash in while the cashing is good. 😁😉
Sadly the infamous "cookie booths' are closed due to soial distancing, but the cookies are available. Ask around you neighborhood or ask on social media.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Likes For Bianchigirll:
Old 03-21-20, 12:24 PM
capnjonny 

Bikes: Miyata 610(66cm), GT Vantara Hybrid (64cm), Nishiki International (64cm), Peugeot rat rod (62 cm), Trek 800 Burning Man helicopter bike, Bob Jackson frame (to be restored?) plus a never ending stream of neglected waifs from the Bike exchange.

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked 632 Times in 229 Posts
I finally succumbed to their siren song as I was leaving the store loaded with Armageddon provisions. Bought 4 boxes . What use will money be post apocalypse anyway. if I hoard them long enough I will be able to trade them for food.
Likes For capnjonny:
Old 03-21-20, 01:07 PM
stardognine
Partially Sane.

I finally succumbed to their siren song as I was leaving the store loaded with Armageddon provisions. Bought 4 boxes . What use will money be post apocalypse anyway. if I hoard them long enough I will be able to trade them for food.
So are you saying there ARE cookie booths? Thank goodness. I need some Samoans, really bad. 😁

I found a grocery store in San Juan Capistrano, but had to backtrack about 1/4 mile, to eat lunch on the beach. Poor me. 🙄😉
Old 03-21-20, 01:19 PM
jetboy 

The good thing about city living is that even while the huge chains have empty shelves and Armageddon rationing, I just go to one of several corner bodega's and they have the stuff. Gd knows how they do it, but they do it. local still works-
Likes For jetboy:
Old 03-21-20, 01:27 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

So are you saying there ARE cookie booths? Thank goodness. I need some Samoans, really bad. 😁

I found a grocery store in San Juan Capistrano, but had to backtrack about 1/4 mile, to eat lunch on the beach. Poor me. 🙄😉
Nice beach. Yes the booths are over for this year but ask around on social media or contact your local council office.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Likes For Bianchigirll:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.