Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

Trouble with Saris M2 smart trainer

Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-21, 06:41 PM
irazvi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I recently purchased an M2 smart trainer. When the resistance goes up, it becomes very inconsistent in that
every down stroke is followed by a sharp jump in resistance. Its not riding smoothly. Its gets better as I go to
lower gears, but I have to go to such a low gear to get it to smooth out that Im not getting a work out. Any ideas?
Old 01-19-21, 02:39 PM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 4930 Post(s)
Liked 8,062 Times in 3,811 Posts
Originally Posted by irazvi
I recently purchased an M2 smart trainer. When the resistance goes up, it becomes very inconsistent in that
every down stroke is followed by a sharp jump in resistance. Its not riding smoothly. Its gets better as I go to
lower gears, but I have to go to such a low gear to get it to smooth out that Im not getting a work out. Any ideas?
Have you updated the firmware? I had a similar issue with sprinting in Zwift using the M2. A firmware update through the Saris app fixed the issue for me.
Old 01-19-21, 02:52 PM
irazvi

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks,

I will try that. Im also having trouble calibrating it. It gives me an error when I try. I would think this could also be at the heart of it.
did you have that problem as well?
Old 01-19-21, 03:16 PM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 4930 Post(s)
Liked 8,062 Times in 3,811 Posts
Originally Posted by irazvi
Thanks,

I will try that. Im also having trouble calibrating it. It gives me an error when I try. I would think this could also be at the heart of it.
did you have that problem as well?
I have found that calibrating with the app needs me to turn off all other connections to the trainer (Zwift and Zwift Companion, in my case). There have been a couple of times where turning off (unplugging) the trainer for a bit seemed to help.
Old 01-19-21, 03:19 PM
irazvi

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Eric F
I have found that calibrating with the app needs me to turn off all other connections to the trainer (Zwift and Zwift Companion, in my case). There have been a couple of times where turning off (unplugging) the trainer for a bit seemed to help.

Thanks!
Old 01-20-21, 05:51 AM
irazvi

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So I checked and the firmware is up to date. I tried calibrating with no other connections. This time I did not get an error, but it
never completed. I tried for about 5-10 minutes (?) and it never ended. How long does it usually take? So Im still stuck with
the same problem of un even resistance.

Thanks