Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

85 Peugeot PH-11 from Europe

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-23, 06:15 PM
jettore

Bikes: 85 Peugeot Canyon Express, 73? Torpado, 85 Trek 400

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
85 Peugeot PH-11 from Europe

So I think it's time to sell this bike which was identified here.

Bike is in excellent condition. Not anything super desirable with the Peugeot tubing but it has some interesting details with the internal brazing and the internal top tube brake cable. The metal-flake paint is really nice too with the chrome fork. Still looks 100% like the picture in the original post.

https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-v...s-peugeot.html

Here's another I found that sold no price. https://steel-vintage.com/products/p...ke-1985-detail

Thanks for any help
Old 06-17-23, 06:51 PM
wrk101
Thrifty Bill

Bikes: 86 Katakura Silk, 87 Prologue X2, 88 Cimarron LE, 1975 Sekai 4000 Professional, 73 Paramount, plus more

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Quoted: 1244 Post(s)
Liked 990 Times in 637 Posts
Prices are down since your original posting, figure 1/3rd less.

See what your competition is asking for similar bikes. At that level, it's not a collectible, it's a rider. So exact model, brand and year have no bearing on value. And never confuse "asking prices" with "selling prices". In a market as big as Philly, there will be sellers asking sky high prices for some bikes. So look at the overall pricing and ignore the outliers.

Last edited by wrk101; 06-17-23 at 06:56 PM.
Old 06-17-23, 07:08 PM
jettore

Bikes: 85 Peugeot Canyon Express, 73? Torpado, 85 Trek 400

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Yeah, I'm seeing bike market is taking a hit at the moment the more posts I read. I've been out of the vintage bike mix for a good bit so wasn't sure where prices was currently.

I'd really like to sell it for a fair price to someone that will take care of it, it's in such great shape. I'm hesitant to just throw it on Facebook/Craigslist, but as you said it really is a rider vs a collectible.
Old 06-19-23, 07:12 PM
Chombi1 

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Quoted: 1651 Post(s)
Liked 850 Times in 553 Posts
The PH series Peugeots from the 80's were really decent entry level bikes. The quality and design geometry was good enough that one can modify it as the owner's riding skills improve and demand/need more performance from their bike.
I had a 1983 PH10s back in the 80's in college and I still consider it the funnest bike to ride that I ever owned.
They sill not bring that much money though, so best if you can sell it to someone with nostalgic attachment to the PH11.
Realistic asking price would be something like $175, even in excellent condition in most markets. The fact that thousands were sold around the world does not help.