Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Vintage Collection - All High End

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-23, 06:23 PM
albrt 

Bikes: 1964(?) Frejus Tour de France, 1967(?) Dawes Double Blue, 1979 Trek 710, 1982 Claud Butler Dalesman, 1983 Schwinn Paramount Elite, 2014 Brompton, maybe a couple more

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked 680 Times in 332 Posts
Originally Posted by SoccerBallXan
Randy, you might have posted the wrong pictures for the Camerotti.
You're right - the seat stay bridge picture is not the red and purple bike. No wonder I thought that picture looked like the other bike!
Old 05-02-24, 04:43 PM
randyjawa 

Bikes: 1958 Rabeneick 120D, 1968 Legnano Gran Premio, 196? Torpado Professional, 2000 Marinoni Piuma

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Quoted: 1381 Post(s)
Liked 1,771 Times in 949 Posts
Well, just got back from my winter in Jamaica, where me and my Bianchi Touring spent over 1000 miles together. Sadly, when I got there, the Bianchi had been loaned out, damaged and left as left. I did get it working OK but no front derailleur shifting. Anyway, of the bikes offered, two hang in my cave right now.

The soon to be pitched Terry, after harvesting the components...

And the "kept till the day I die" Marinoni (one of two in my little stable at the moment). This little ridden purple gem is lovely and my guess is the ride will be more than rewarding. The bike has been gone through and is both road worthy and safe to ride. As soon as I finishing opening up the lake cottage, the Noni and I will catch the cottage roads together (haven't even ridden it yet)...
Old 05-12-24, 11:15 AM
wrk101
Thrifty Bill

Bikes: 86 Katakura Silk, 87 Prologue X2, 88 Cimarron LE, 1975 Sekai 4000 Professional, 73 Paramount, plus more

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Quoted: 1244 Post(s)
Liked 990 Times in 637 Posts
Definitely NOT all high end. Yes, the Ritchey and Holdsworth are definitely high end. At the other end of the spectrum is that low end equipped Terry knockoff. I have found Terrys to be hard to sell. Funky design takes an open minded rider. In your case, it's not a Terry, but a Terry knockoff with entry level parts. In my market, I would donate that bike.

On the top of the line stuff, I can't imagine the Thunder Bay market would yield high prices. So it's off to ebay where packing efficiently to minimize postage while protecting the bike is the key. Buyers are not willing to pay for the time it takes to pack IME.

The days of a PX-10 garnering $1000 are long gone. But the Ritchie will bring serious $$$ for sure.
Old 05-12-24, 07:03 PM
randyjawa 

Bikes: 1958 Rabeneick 120D, 1968 Legnano Gran Premio, 196? Torpado Professional, 2000 Marinoni Piuma

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Quoted: 1381 Post(s)
Liked 1,771 Times in 949 Posts
Well, the Holdsworth sold quickly for a low price the cost to ship to the US. The Terry knock-off has been harvested for useful components and is on its way to the landfill site on Wednesday...

The ............... was sold, again for a low price + the cost to ship. Sadly, the bike was damaged during shipment and I had to refund the buyer's money. It took a month, or so, to get the shipper to go good for the damage they caused. I sort of broke even, the buyer got a bike that might be fairly easy to repair (out of round head tube where the head set fit) and I learned a lesson (another story). Anyway, I will never ship a bike without the headset pieces installed...

The Richey is still right where it landed last summer and will never ever fetch a fair price in Thunder Bay. I will be next to is tomorrow morning when I go to shell out the cash for a full Campagnolo Gardin (can't wait). Were it not for the fact that I am restoring this right now...

I would make an offer for the Richey but it just is not in the cards right now and Mrs. Me might not be too pleased with me bringing home two vintage bikes on the same day (gettin the Gardin tomorrow morning - yee haa!)

Anyway, went to the dump today and found a book, a glass elephant and some cool hoops that will soon be fitted to my Legnano. Look for that thread, in case you want to see what I found.