Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals.
Reload this Page >

I'm trying to identify and value a fixie with "Club Broke Status" and Raleigh logos

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

I'm trying to identify and value a fixie with "Club Broke Status" and Raleigh logos

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-24, 05:06 PM
daytimer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I know very little about bicycles so could use some help. I am trying to find stamped numbers on the frame but will have to scrape off some paint I think. It looks like the black top coat on the frame is not original as there are dried drips on the underside of tubes. The components seem kind of fancy to me though I dont know much...
Old 05-04-24, 05:23 PM
machinist42
mycocyclist

Bikes: 1964 Schwinn Paramount P-13 DeLuxe, 1964 Schwinn Sport Super Sport, 1972 Falcon San Remo, 1974 Maserati MT-1, 1974 Raleigh International, 1984 Lotus Odyssey, 198? Rossin Ghibli, 1990 LeMond Le Vanquer (sic), 1991 Specialized Allez Transition Pro, +

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 912 Post(s)
Liked 849 Times in 465 Posts
Image Assist

Originally Posted by daytimer
I know very little about bicycles so could use some help. I am trying to find stamped numbers on the frame but will have to scrape off some paint I think. It looks like the black top coat on the frame is not original as there are dried drips on the underside of tubes. The components seem kind of fancy to me though I dont know much...

OP's Gallery.
Likes For machinist42:
Old 05-04-24, 07:23 PM
juvela

Mentioned: 417 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3844 Post(s)
Liked 3,409 Times in 2,223 Posts
-----

serial will give you date and plant location

date you can use to look up catalogue to determine model name and original kitting

me guess be that the very latest it could be is about 1968

appears it may not be wearing a single original fitting

https://www.theheadbadge.com

-----
Likes For juvela:
Old 05-05-24, 04:45 AM
daytimer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks juvela
So this looks to be a previous owner/enthusiast's personal project bike then? Lots of aftermarket bits? I wondered about the "Club Broke Status" logo on the seat tube. Is that a known entity or is it something obscure, unknown or forgotten?
Old 05-05-24, 05:55 AM
bboy314

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 400 Post(s)
Liked 931 Times in 480 Posts
Definitely a frankenbike, nothing stock on it as noted. The headset and stem seem like the best parts, not a lot of value in them though. Can’t tell what the fork is, looks like a weird one. Everything else looks fairly low end. I’m guessing “club broke status” was the owner’s personal branding.

Not a lot of value as there usually isn’t much demand for fixies, and this one is oddly kitted out. Maybe $100 depending on your market?
Old 05-05-24, 08:20 AM
zukahn1 

Bikes: Current 79 Nishiki Custum Sport, Jeunet 620, notable previous bikes P.K. Ripper loop tail, Kawahara Laser Lite, Paramount Track full chrome, Raliegh Internatioanl, Motobecan Super Mirage. 59 Crown royak 3 speed

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 801 Post(s)
Liked 1,818 Times in 645 Posts
The head badge would indicate a 1960's Nottingham built frame nothing special as said there isn't much original on the bike pretty much only the head badge and likely the BB cups.. As for value I would agree on only $100 or so. IMHO I don't like anything about this build it is a bit of mess.
Old 05-05-24, 09:26 AM
daytimer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Okay. Thanks. It was worth getting your expert advise. I appreciate it!
Old 05-05-24, 02:11 PM
gilesa

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
Frame and headbadge look just like my 1952 Sport. But those models changed so slowly that I guess 1960's is very plausible. Nothing else matches!
Old 05-07-24, 03:21 PM
abdon 

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Liked 483 Times in 252 Posts
The domed fork shoulders are trippy. If I didn't have a gazillion other projects and wanted to turn this frame into something else I would hope to get it for $25... To me anything but the frame/fork/headset/stem/seat post would go to the trashcan. Heck I would not feel bad about it; busted tires, mismatched rims, cheap rims, no chain, and I'm guessing anything that spins will need to be overhauled just to be able to take it around the block.

Chances are there is somebody out there that would give you $80 for the bike. Chances are it would take a while for that person to pop up. Chances are lowering the price will not make it sell any faster.