Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational)
Reload this Page >

Neck pain after ~30Min of riding

Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like :The Dirty Kanza". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Neck pain after ~30Min of riding

Old 04-16-20, 03:48 PM
Toadmeister

Bikes: 2019 Jamis Renegade Exploit 1x11. Motobacne NX Fat Tire

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked 63 Times in 42 Posts
What’s your day job you spend 8 hours doing? Are you sitting in front of a computer?

after 20-25 years as a desk engineer, I developed some poor posture leading to pinched disks and nerves. I first noticed the effects when cycling. Had a C6-7 neck fusion last year that helped but if your not too old yet, you can reverse these effects with the right physical therapy.
Old 06-26-20, 03:01 PM
FaithTerry
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TimothyH View Post
My feeling is that this might resolve itself as more riding is done.

This is based on my own neck which got quite thick and muscular when I commuted 12,000 km/year on a road bike. In 2018 I rode nearly 8000 miles and much of that on rough gravel. Small gains in upper body mass and lots of definition, especially in the triceps, were noticeable in the mirror.

I'm not saying to ride through the pain or ignore your health care provider but only that it will might be temporary if you have not ridden a more aggressive drop bar bike and go away as your body strengthens.

-Tim-
sounds great
thanks for sharing this info