Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Training & Nutrition
Reload this Page >

Burst Achilles Non-Surgical Recovery Question

Notices
Training & Nutrition Learn how to develop a training schedule that's good for you. What should you eat and drink on your ride? Learn everything you need to know about training and nutrition here.

Old 02-29-20, 12:16 PM
MAK

Bikes: Yes, I have bikes.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked 106 Times in 65 Posts

I posted this in the Road Thread and while I got some responses, none were directly on point. Perhaps I should have posted here.

I just suffered a burst Achilles and for various reasons (age, living alone, multitude of steps in multi-floor home...) I'm likely going to forgo surgery. (Yes, I know the ramifications.)
I'll be 70 yo. this summer and after I heal, all I'm concerned with is being able to walk (maybe resume some hiking), play with my grandchildren and ride my bike.

With regard to biking...If anyone has healed without surgery, were you able to comfortably resume riding at some point. I've never been close to fast so speed isn't a concern. Are distances (50-75 mile rides) doable?

Thank you.