Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

A Good Day

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-19, 05:40 PM
revcp 

Bikes: 2017 Salsa Carbon Mukluk frame built with XT, 2018 Kona Rove NRB build with Sram Apex 1,2008 Salsa El Mariachi, 1986 Centurion Ironman

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 65 Posts
A Good Day

Got two 1985s today, a Centurion Dave Scott Ironman and a Trek 600.

Seller was asking $100 for the former. I offered $75 and he took it without hesitation. "Honestly," he said, "I just want it out of my garage." He probably would have taken $50. Oh, well. It's going to sit on my trainer in the winter. Next spring I may see what size tires it will take for some gravel riding. Anyone know?

Asking pricepfor the Trek was $200, got it for $140. Needs more work than the Ironman, do I might have overpaid a bit. It's going to be a daily rider and commuter. I may, however, ask my wife whether she would like to have it powder coated, as she's mentioned she might like abroad bike. I could modernize the build and it would be a great bike.