Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Review of OneMotor (the device formerly known as Shareroller)

Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Review of OneMotor (the device formerly known as Shareroller)

Old 08-09-19, 03:51 PM
linberl

Bikes: 2017 Bike Friday PakiT. Dahon Mu Uno (trailer bike) Sold: 2003 Bike Friday NWT, 1997 Trek 720, 1993 Trek 520)

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1013 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 29 Posts
Taking the motor out tomorrow for a 33 mile ride with my adult son; he's thrilled that "moms" will be more able to keep up with him and he won't have to wait for me to catch up all the time. He paces at 22mph average so riding with me, unmotored, is a drag...literally.
Today I took it out to make sure everything was set properly as I haven't ridden with it for a little over a week. I discovered that by going up two gears and keeping the same cadence I normally ride (80-85rpm), with the motor on level assist 1, it's a hell of a lot of exercise. The motor at that level with a two gear jump pretty much makes the gearing feel like my usual gear and effort. Maybe even a little bit harder. And I'm going faster so I can get an exercise run in even when I don't have an hour or more. My standard exercise only run is about an hour and I did it today about 20 minutes faster. Mph normally is around 12 average and with the increased gearing and motor, I was flying at 16mph. And sweating. It's nice to know I can get a really good workout using the motor and my gears. On my Dahon Mu Uno (single speed) it doesn't work that way, I actually spin out pretty quickly, but that's my transport/cargo bike so I don't care.
Old 08-26-19, 09:23 AM
linberl

Bikes: 2017 Bike Friday PakiT. Dahon Mu Uno (trailer bike) Sold: 2003 Bike Friday NWT, 1997 Trek 720, 1993 Trek 520)

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1013 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 29 Posts
Perfect combination: 1Motor drive + pakiT combined with my Burley Travoy. I needed a new ceiling light fixture and didn't want to rent a Gig car to bring it home, so I biked over to Ikea with my trailer. I wasn't sure how big the box would be so I couldn't be certain I would be able to get it home, but the burley travoy has these amazingly adjustable tie-down straps so it worked fine. The suspended bottom meant the glass didn't break riding over the horribly cracked streets. And the 1M meant a smooth quick ride home even in bad traffic. There's a short part of this ride that puts me on a very busy main street - and normally I avoid it - but with the trailer it was the best route. I really appreciated being able to keep up with the cars (bad traffic meant they were only going 20mph max) so the bike and trailer and I weren't a target.