Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

For the love of English 3 speeds...

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

For the love of English 3 speeds...

Old 09-15-19, 07:47 PM
  #21301  
HPL
Barred @ Velocipedesalon
 
HPL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 341
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 28 Posts
Another Mystery Raleigh

Here is the bike I got at the same time as the Ladies Sport Tourist. It has the same "AW" hub with no date (appears to be the 1941/42 model); but different fenders, gearcase "window" oriented to top vice front, no "fishtail" cutouts on the head tube lugs, bolt-on seatstays, quadrant shifter, and standard front hub. The pedals and baskets/rack are definitely not original. Serial # AD99185 running parallel to the seat tube on the seat lug. No idea as to the model/year, nor originality of existing components. The right crank has about a 3-4 mm "notch"; either intentionally made to avoid contact with gearcase or worn in from continued contact with same (maybe not from this gearcase as there is not excessive wear to the case itself). Hope the photos help; I'm still trying to find my good camera!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_20190915_134254.jpg (1.45 MB, 238 views)
File Type: jpg
IMG_20190915_133910.jpg (1.59 MB, 224 views)
File Type: jpg
IMG_20190915_133952.jpg (2.05 MB, 237 views)
File Type: jpg
IMG_20190915_133600.jpg (2.33 MB, 238 views)
File Type: jpg
IMG_20190915_133455.jpg (2.37 MB, 234 views)

Last edited by HPL; 09-15-19 at 07:54 PM.
HPL is offline  
Old 09-15-19, 07:56 PM
  #21302  
Andrew R Stewart 
Senior Member
 
Andrew R Stewart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 12,421

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Raleigh Pro, Trek Cycle Cross, Mongoose tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2011 Post(s)
Liked 179 Times in 142 Posts
Re: reusing a chain link's pin- If the chain is a modern 3/32"/der one then most every current chain has their pins peened over on their ends to better retain the side plates from prying off during the harsh shifting forces that ramps/lift pins/shift gates produce. These pins will punch a larger hole in the side plate when punched out, or almost all the way out like was the practice prior to peened pins. If the chain is a non peened pin one then great. Treat it like chains of old, which it is by design, and re press in that pin. Most all 1/8" chains that I see are not peened on their pin ends. I did this very type of conversion about 40 years ago and that bike has been under a few different riders over the years with no problems. Andy (who someday will get back that Raleigh Twenty [not a DL-20] with it's FW hub and the two SA cogs for an 8 speed)
__________________
AndrewRStewart
Andrew R Stewart is offline  
Old 09-15-19, 08:47 PM
  #21303  
BigChief 
Senior Member
 
BigChief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 3,146
Mentioned: 101 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1241 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 55 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Andrew R Stewart View Post
Re: reusing a chain link's pin- If the chain is a modern 3/32"/der one then most every current chain has their pins peened over on their ends to better retain the side plates from prying off during the harsh shifting forces that ramps/lift pins/shift gates produce. These pins will punch a larger hole in the side plate when punched out, or almost all the way out like was the practice prior to peened pins. If the chain is a non peened pin one then great. Treat it like chains of old, which it is by design, and re press in that pin. Most all 1/8" chains that I see are not peened on their pin ends. I did this very type of conversion about 40 years ago and that bike has been under a few different riders over the years with no problems. Andy (who someday will get back that Raleigh Twenty [not a DL-20] with it's FW hub and the two SA cogs for an 8 speed)
Thanks for the explanation. I've been wrenching old 3 speeds exclusively and never understood the reasoning behind not reusing chain link pins. Mystery solved.
__________________
Inflate Hard
BigChief is offline  
Old 09-15-19, 09:15 PM
  #21304  
BigChief 
Senior Member
 
BigChief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 3,146
Mentioned: 101 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1241 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 55 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by HPL View Post
Here is the bike I got at the same time as the Ladies Sport Tourist. It has the same "AW" hub with no date (appears to be the 1941/42 model); but different fenders, gearcase "window" oriented to top vice front, no "fishtail" cutouts on the head tube lugs, bolt-on seatstays, quadrant shifter, and standard front hub. The pedals and baskets/rack are definitely not original. Serial # AD99185 running parallel to the seat tube on the seat lug. No idea as to the model/year, nor originality of existing components. The right crank has about a 3-4 mm "notch"; either intentionally made to avoid contact with gearcase or worn in from continued contact with same (maybe not from this gearcase as there is not excessive wear to the case itself). Hope the photos help; I'm still trying to find my good camera!
This appears to be similar to a Dawn Tourist but a different head tube lug shape. Maybe an older model? Hard to say

__________________
Inflate Hard
BigChief is offline  
Old 09-16-19, 01:59 AM
  #21305  
HPL
Barred @ Velocipedesalon
 
HPL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 341
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 28 Posts
Originally Posted by BigChief View Post
This appears to be similar to a Dawn Tourist but a different head tube lug shape. Maybe an older model? Hard to say.
Thanks for keeping the imagery coming Big Chief! I did look at those other pictures. I can't find a reference to this serial number, unless it is shown incorrectly in the database. It would be around 1958 if the "AD" is after the numbers, but there is no listing for a serial number starting with two letters, only ending in them. I hope this is just a mislabeling in the database. I've yet to confirm if the hub has a threaded sprocket or not, but it looks identical to my other example; which begs the question of what year the frame is if the hub is '41-'42, and the frame possibly 1958. Seems unlikely that an older hub would be installed on a newer frame, but I'm pretty much accepting anything as possible at this point. It would seem that this frame was powder coated, and the headbadge (original?) appears to have been "JB Welded" (no rivets) onto the tube; probably doesn't show well in the photo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_20190915_134427.jpg (1.82 MB, 222 views)
File Type: jpg
IMG_20190915_134027.jpg (1.79 MB, 219 views)
File Type: jpg
IMG_20190915_134018.jpg (1.89 MB, 219 views)
File Type: jpg
IMG_20190915_134215.jpg (2.29 MB, 225 views)

Last edited by HPL; 09-16-19 at 02:04 AM.
HPL is offline  
Old 09-16-19, 05:36 AM
  #21306  
BigChief 
Senior Member
 
BigChief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 3,146
Mentioned: 101 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1241 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 55 Times in 46 Posts
This one is a mystery to me. Every Raleigh I've seen has shaped head tube lugs. This does have the Raleigh style rod brake linkage piece that pivots on both sides of the down tube. Most other manufacturers used a single arm on one side. It looks slightly different than the linkage piece on my Raleigh, but that might just be the angle of the photo. That flip top oil port on the bottom bracket was used on Raleighs from the mid 50s to around 1960.

__________________
Inflate Hard
BigChief is offline  
Old 09-16-19, 12:18 PM
  #21307  
Salubrious
Senior Member
 
Salubrious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,301
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Picked up a 1948 Royal Enfield at the ABCE this weekend. Photos soon...
Salubrious is offline  
Old 09-16-19, 12:27 PM
  #21308  
DQRider 
Old Boy
 
DQRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,604

Bikes: I finally have all the bikes I need. (Liar!)

Mentioned: 122 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Liked 142 Times in 86 Posts
Originally Posted by Salubrious View Post
Picked up a 1948 Royal Enfield at the ABCE this weekend. Photos soon...
Wow, that was quite a day for you! Not only did he score an awesome bicycle, but he triumphed in the "Gravity Race and Day-Old Pastry Joust", and his beautiful Bates won another award. Way to go, Ralph!

.
__________________

Roulez pour la joie, jamais pour la douleur.


USMC 1981-1991 Semper Fi!
DQRider is offline  
Old 09-16-19, 12:34 PM
  #21309  
Salubrious
Senior Member
 
Salubrious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,301
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Those tubular tires were a pain in the rear to install but they paid off for the Gravity Race.
Salubrious is offline  
Old 09-16-19, 03:36 PM
  #21310  
littlevikingca
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 18

Bikes: Kona Sutra, BMC SLX-01, BMC CX-1, Ridley Fenix, Claud Butler European, '50's Humber Roadster, '53 Rudge Pathfnder, '94 Trek 930, '48 Rochet Super Special, 60's A. Boisis "demi-course"

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Post 21229 "1950 Superbe Update"

Since I'm a "Newbie" I cannot actually link to the original post, hence the reference above.

Hi,

Beautiful job on the bike!

Re: the shifting issue: if the Indicator rod is set correctly in "normal" N, perhaps your shift cable length is too long. Sturmey Archer normally specified a 17-1/2" outer with a 21-1/2" outer available for special conditions. To quote from the '50's/60's service manual: " the outer cable should allow full movement of the handlebars but otherwise should be kept as short as possible, as it tends to compress in lower gears and any length over 21-1/2 inches may affect the gear adjustment adversely".

Visually, this isn't intuitive obvious, so my experience is that you cut the outer cable to the specified length and adjust the fulcrum and shifters to end-up with a "best fit/relatively smooth" cable run.

Last edited by littlevikingca; 09-16-19 at 03:45 PM. Reason: aded post reference, spelling correction
littlevikingca is offline  
Old 09-16-19, 04:50 PM
  #21311  
HPL
Barred @ Velocipedesalon
 
HPL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 341
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 28 Posts
Originally Posted by BigChief View Post
This one is a mystery to me. Every Raleigh I've seen has shaped head tube lugs. This does have the Raleigh style rod brake linkage piece that pivots on both sides oe f the down tube. Most other manufacturers used a single arm on one side. It looks slightly different than the linkage piece on my Raleigh, but that might just be the angle of the photo. That flip top oil port on the bottom bracket was used on Raleighs from the mid 50s to around 1960.
"Chief", the brake linkage is identical to yours. I found a 1930 catalogue with the Superbe pictured having the "plain jane" headtube lugs. Very similar in way, but also quite different given the "X" frame and other features. Mine has no pump "pins", looks like the pump uses clamp-on "pins" in the picture, and rear reflector mounted high on fender, whereas mine is low. Fenders are similar, gearcase is similar, bolt-on stays. Obviously not the bike, but it is the only bike I've seen with the same lugs. I'll see if I can find a newer version without the "X" frame design, but encompassing the other features.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
1930-Raleigh-chrome-plating.jpg (255.8 KB, 193 views)

Last edited by HPL; 09-17-19 at 02:35 AM.
HPL is offline  
Old 09-16-19, 04:59 PM
  #21312  
clubman
Youngman Grand
 
clubman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,934

Bikes: roadsters, club bikes, fixed and classic

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1164 Post(s)
Liked 155 Times in 112 Posts
Originally Posted by littlevikingca View Post
Re: Post 21229 "1950 Superbe Update"

Since I'm a "Newbie" I cannot actually link to the original post, hence the reference above.
Welcome to the forum, nice little collection of bikes you have, can't wait for pics.
clubman is offline  
Old 09-16-19, 06:01 PM
  #21313  
littlevikingca
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 18

Bikes: Kona Sutra, BMC SLX-01, BMC CX-1, Ridley Fenix, Claud Butler European, '50's Humber Roadster, '53 Rudge Pathfnder, '94 Trek 930, '48 Rochet Super Special, 60's A. Boisis "demi-course"

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Thanks Clubman,

I'll add the link and share some photos after my 10 posts.

Cheers,

Dave
littlevikingca is offline  
Old 09-16-19, 07:49 PM
  #21314  
Ballenxj
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 766

Bikes: Diamond Back Apex, Mongoose IBOC Aluminum Road Bike, SR road bike

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 401 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 27 Posts
Originally Posted by littlevikingca View Post
Re: Post 21229 "1950 Superbe Update"

Since I'm a "Newbie" I cannot actually link to the original post, hence the reference.
Welcome to the forum. Four posts to go.
Ballenxj is offline  
Old 09-16-19, 08:00 PM
  #21315  
curbtender
Senior Member
 
curbtender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SF Bay Area, East bay
Posts: 5,852

Bikes: Marinoni, Kestral 200 2002 Trek 5200, KHS Flite, Koga Miyata, Schwinn Spitfire 5, Schwinn Speedster, Mondia Special, Univega Alpina, Miyata team Ti, MB3

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 649 Post(s)
Liked 147 Times in 114 Posts


Put this Humber Sports back to together, 70'?


I'm guessing the bracket is for accessories?
curbtender is offline  
Old 09-16-19, 09:13 PM
  #21316  
littlevikingca
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 18

Bikes: Kona Sutra, BMC SLX-01, BMC CX-1, Ridley Fenix, Claud Butler European, '50's Humber Roadster, '53 Rudge Pathfnder, '94 Trek 930, '48 Rochet Super Special, 60's A. Boisis "demi-course"

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Hi,

Yes, that is the mount for the headlamp. Suitable head lights will have a bracket that slips over the bracket and can be clamped in place to set the "tilt". It also acts as a "non-rotational" washer for the headset. It has a small tab that engages with a vertical slot in the steerer tube that prevents the locknut from rotating the upper race while tightening.

Cheers,

Dave K
littlevikingca is offline  
Old 09-17-19, 12:51 AM
  #21317  
Johno59
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Cambridge UK
Posts: 501

Bikes: 1903 24 spd Sunbeam, 1927 Humber, 3 1930 Raleighs, 2 1940s Sunbeams, 2 1940s Raleighs, Rudge, 1950s Robin Hood, 1958 Claud Butler, 2 1973 Colnago Supers, Eddie Merckx, 2 1980 Holdsworth, EG Bates funny TT bike, another 6 or so 1990s bikes

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 79 Times in 66 Posts
FW Derailleur Drive Chain



This is a Crimson Star on a 1903 Sunbeam
9
Originally Posted by gster View Post
Six Speed Conversion Sh*t Show
What I thought would be a simple project has
been somewhat frustrating but there is a light
at the end of the tunnel....

I set the bike up yesterday and bought a 3/32" 10 speed chain assuming the 1/2" pitch
would be compatible.
It wasn't.
It binds on the chain ring and refused to engage the smaller cog..
I'd had enough and let it be.
Today I added a couple of washers to the derailleur rollers to expand
the width to accept a standard 1/8" chain.
All seemed good.
Until I installed the master link which now
catches on the derailleur cage


I'm not dissuaded. The 3/32" chain was only $15.00 and the
1/8" chain was cobbled together from a couple I had lying around.

Tomorrow's another day......


Resilion made these uncaged derailleurs to accommodate the wider links. This is a seven speed Crimson Star.


This one bolts onto the chainstay rather than on a hanger secured by the axle nut.

Last edited by Johno59; 09-17-19 at 03:20 AM.
Johno59 is offline  
Old 09-17-19, 04:51 AM
  #21318  
BigChief 
Senior Member
 
BigChief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 3,146
Mentioned: 101 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1241 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 55 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by curbtender View Post


Put this Humber Sports back to together, 70'?


I'm guessing the bracket is for accessories?
Nice one. Could be 1970, but could also go back to the late 60s. Check the hub date stamp. It's really nice that it has the traditional Humber chainwheel. One of my favorites. Raleigh gave up on using the stylized brand specific chainrings on their acquired brands and started using their generic chainring around that time.
__________________
Inflate Hard
BigChief is offline  
Old 09-17-19, 05:08 AM
  #21319  
BigChief 
Senior Member
 
BigChief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 3,146
Mentioned: 101 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1241 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 55 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by littlevikingca View Post
Thanks Clubman,

I'll add the link and share some photos after my 10 posts.

Cheers,

Dave
I'm looking forward to seeing your Pathfinder. That's the grail bike I never found in all my years of hunting.
__________________
Inflate Hard
BigChief is offline  
Old 09-17-19, 06:45 AM
  #21320  
gster
Senior Member
 
gster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,914

Bikes: 1971 Hercules, 1978 Raleigh Superbe, 1978 Raleigh Tourist, 1964 Glider 3 Speed, 1967 Raleigh Sprite 5 Speed, 1968 Hercules AMF 3 Speed, 1972 Raleigh Superbe, 1976 Raleigh Superbe, 1957 Flying Pigeon, 1967 Dunelt 3 Speed

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 701 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts
Originally Posted by Johno59 View Post


This is a Crimson Star on a 1903 Sunbeam
9



Resilion made these uncaged derailleurs to accommodate the wider links. This is a seven speed Crimson Star.


This one bolts onto the chainstay rather than on a hanger secured by the axle nut.
Very Nice...
I'll press on with my project and see if I even
like it.
gster is offline  
Old 09-17-19, 06:52 AM
  #21321  
DQRider 
Old Boy
 
DQRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,604

Bikes: I finally have all the bikes I need. (Liar!)

Mentioned: 122 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Liked 142 Times in 86 Posts
Originally Posted by Johno59 View Post


This is a Crimson Star on a 1903 Sunbeam
9



Resilion made these uncaged derailleurs to accommodate the wider links. This is a seven speed Crimson Star.


This one bolts onto the chainstay rather than on a hanger secured by the axle nut.
That is a brilliant photograph, Johno59.

Your use of lighting and a small aperture for depth-of-field turns a technical photograph into a work of art. Very nice!


.
__________________

Roulez pour la joie, jamais pour la douleur.


USMC 1981-1991 Semper Fi!
DQRider is offline  
Old 09-17-19, 09:10 AM
  #21322  
curbtender
Senior Member
 
curbtender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SF Bay Area, East bay
Posts: 5,852

Bikes: Marinoni, Kestral 200 2002 Trek 5200, KHS Flite, Koga Miyata, Schwinn Spitfire 5, Schwinn Speedster, Mondia Special, Univega Alpina, Miyata team Ti, MB3

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 649 Post(s)
Liked 147 Times in 114 Posts
Originally Posted by BigChief View Post
Nice one. Could be 1970, but could also go back to the late 60s. Check the hub date stamp. It's really nice that it has the traditional Humber chainwheel. One of my favorites. Raleigh gave up on using the stylized brand specific chainrings on their acquired brands and started using their generic chainring around that time.
I pointed out the 70 stamped on the hub and the running man chainring to another interested buyer. The owner said it was older and maybe the wheels had been changed. I don't think so. As I was leaving, the seller said he didn't want to bring it back in the garage and proposed a giveaway price and threw in a Taiwan Raliegh. Got a chance to use my Park Tool cotter press. What a gem.

Last edited by curbtender; 09-17-19 at 09:15 AM.
curbtender is offline  
Old 09-17-19, 03:14 PM
  #21323  
gster
Senior Member
 
gster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,914

Bikes: 1971 Hercules, 1978 Raleigh Superbe, 1978 Raleigh Tourist, 1964 Glider 3 Speed, 1967 Raleigh Sprite 5 Speed, 1968 Hercules AMF 3 Speed, 1972 Raleigh Superbe, 1976 Raleigh Superbe, 1957 Flying Pigeon, 1967 Dunelt 3 Speed

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 701 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts
As Homer Simpson said:
"Never Try...."

The double cog project is on an indefinite hiatus..
I tried to take it for a spin down the alley
The derailluer travelled too far and broke 3 spokes and popped
the cogs off the hub as well.
The bike has now been restored to it's natural state.
I prefer 3 speeds anyway.
I even put the shifter on it!
The cool one.



On the plus side, tomorrow, I'm delivering the Villager 3 speed project bike
to a deserving friend in Hamilton,

and with the right price coming home with
a 1955 Humber 3 speed.

Last edited by gster; 09-17-19 at 03:52 PM.
gster is offline  
Old 09-17-19, 04:06 PM
  #21324  
BigChief 
Senior Member
 
BigChief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 3,146
Mentioned: 101 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1241 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 55 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by gster View Post
As Homer Simpson said:
"Never Try...."

The double cog project is on an indefinite hiatus..
I tried to take it for a spin down the alley
The derailluer travelled too far and broke 3 spokes and popped
the cogs off the hub as well.
The bike has now been restored to it's natural state.
I prefer 3 speeds anyway.
I even put the shifter on it!
The cool one.



On the plus side, tomorrow, I'm delivering the Villager 3 speed project bike
to a deserving friend in Hamilton,

and with the right price coming home with
a 1955 Humber 3 speed.
Still, some valuable research done here. If you'd care to explain what you think went wrong and why, I'd like to hear. I like experimental projects.
__________________
Inflate Hard
BigChief is offline  
Old 09-17-19, 04:23 PM
  #21325  
gster
Senior Member
 
gster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,914

Bikes: 1971 Hercules, 1978 Raleigh Superbe, 1978 Raleigh Tourist, 1964 Glider 3 Speed, 1967 Raleigh Sprite 5 Speed, 1968 Hercules AMF 3 Speed, 1972 Raleigh Superbe, 1976 Raleigh Superbe, 1957 Flying Pigeon, 1967 Dunelt 3 Speed

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 701 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts
Originally Posted by BigChief View Post
Still, some valuable research done here. If you'd care to explain what you think went wrong and why, I'd like to hear. I like experimental projects.
Truth is, I rushed it.
Details to follow.
gster is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.