Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Recreational & Family
Reload this Page >

Thule stroller, opinions needed please

Notices
Recreational & Family Ride just to ride? Have a family and want to get them into cycling? Drop in here to discuss recreational and family cycling issues.

Old 08-13-18, 04:19 AM
KeithMcPherson

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Hi everyone,
A quick question to those, who have experience with using one of those Thule strollers for kids. I was looking at 2 options, and wanted to ask your opinion, on what's the difference and why the prices are so different between these two:
Thule Chariot Cougar 2 Multi-Sport Child Carrier and Stroller (ebay, $1000+)
Thule® - Cadence Bike Stroller $300
I was considering one for my son, he's 11 months old. I believe I will be looking for a used one, if you say that one for $300 is of no good. Yet, I am open to consider other options you folks can suggest.
Thanks for your input!

Last edited by KeithMcPherson; 08-22-18 at 02:50 AM.
Old 09-03-18, 07:23 AM
Ironfish653
Dirty Heathen

Bikes: 1997 Cannondale, 1976 Bridgestone, 1998 SoftRide, 1989 Klein, 1989 Black Lightning #0033

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 889 Post(s)
Liked 906 Times in 534 Posts
The Cadence is the bare-bones basic model. Not to say it isn't a good trailer it's just that's all it is. I'd take it in a minute over something like the Schwinn or Step2 trailers.

The Cougar is the top-of-the-line model with all the bells and whistles, like adjustable suspension, contoured seats, padded harnesses, 'jeep-style' roll-up rain windows, and a higher overall level of detailing.
The Cougar also supports tool-free conversion to 3- or 4-wheel stroller/jogger, as well as XC-Ski and trekking conversions.

I had a Cougar for 10 years, until my kids outgrew it. Used it extensively in the bike and jogger configurations, doing errands, training runs and just general pootling around. Used it as the 'Zoo Stroller' when they were toddlers, and fitted oversized BMX tires to it, and used it as a beach buggy on summer vacation.

If you can find a used Cougar, grab it. They've changed the uppers somewhat over the years, but the chassis is the same, so the conversion kits will fit any model year.

Originally Posted by KeithMcPherson
Hi everyone,
A quick question to those, who have experience with using one of those Thule strollers for kids. I was looking at 2 options, and wanted to ask your opinion, on what's the difference and why the prices are so different between these two:
Thule Chariot Cougar 2 Multi-Sport Child Carrier and Stroller (ebay, $1000+)
Thule® - Cadence Bike Stroller $300
I was considering one for my son, he's 11 months old. I believe I will be looking for a used one, if you say that one for $300 is of no good. Yet, I am open to consider other options you folks can suggest.
Thanks for your input!