Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Specialized Crossroads info

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-19, 07:54 PM
FlRon

Bikes: Specialized Crossroads

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 12 Posts

I searched but couldn’t find anything about the Specialized Crossroads bike I recently acquired. I’m hoping some of the regular contributors here can fill me in on the age and any other general information about this bike.

Old 05-08-19, 04:43 AM
DorkDisk

Bikes: Ritchey Swiss Cross | Teesdale Kona Hot | Haro Extreme | Specialized Stumpjumper Comp | Cannondale F1000 | Shogun 1000 | Cannondale M500 | Norco Charger | Marin Muirwoods 29er | Shogun Kaze | Breezer Lightning

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 576 Post(s)
Liked 1,001 Times in 488 Posts
Originally Posted by FlRon
I searched but couldn’t find anything about the Specialized Crossroads bike I recently acquired. I’m hoping some of the regular contributors here can fill me in on the age and any other general information about this bike.

A quick guess would be 94.

Does it say anything else on the decals? S had the Crossroads Cruz, Sport, and CX models

To get a better idea, upload pictures from the drive side to identify components and close ups of the seat tube decal and fork decal to identify tubing used.

Knowing the model and year is important on these as frame spec varied widely from chromoly-seat-tube-only to full-chromoly-double-butted.

The photos and decal details can help identify the year and tubing details. Look for date stamps on original components. I'm guessing its a Cruz
Old 05-08-19, 12:37 PM
FlRon

Bikes: Specialized Crossroads

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 12 Posts

Old 05-09-19, 04:37 AM
DorkDisk

Bikes: Ritchey Swiss Cross | Teesdale Kona Hot | Haro Extreme | Specialized Stumpjumper Comp | Cannondale F1000 | Shogun 1000 | Cannondale M500 | Norco Charger | Marin Muirwoods 29er | Shogun Kaze | Breezer Lightning

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 576 Post(s)
Liked 1,001 Times in 488 Posts
Looks like a 92 Crossroads. Basic steel bike with hi-ten fork and low end components. It's debatable (and a dull one) whether old low end is better than modern low end. My opinion is yes, depending.

The ride quality and durability of steel frames make these sought after for conversions and commuters in North America. Availability and cost are big factors in this. Its similar to the Trek Multitracks in many ways.
Old 05-09-19, 05:15 AM
hokiefyd 

Bikes: More bikes than riders

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1443 Post(s)
Liked 759 Times in 568 Posts
I love that '90s "Chain Disc", with the pixely font type! This can be a great bike. I have a similar Trek MultiTrack. Very fun machines to ride.