Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Dahon folding bikes, why is the seat tube so steep?

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Dahon folding bikes, why is the seat tube so steep?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-16, 04:31 PM
Joe Remi

Bikes: Haibike Sduro Trekking SL, Rivendell Appaloosa, Concinnity singlespeed, KHS mini velo (Japan market), Trident Spike trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked 91 Times in 74 Posts
Originally Posted by smallwheeler
you're the only sweet i need, bb. miss you.

doesn't matter. my point was: defeat stupidity with logical arguments not virtue signalling.
I prefer to defeat a troll invasion by calling out a troll invasion. It's a lot simpler and more direct.
Old 10-31-16, 04:35 PM
tdonline

Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 13 Posts
Smallwheeler, you are wasting your argument in regards to this particular poster. Find a more worthy poster to showcase your argument. As Joe Remi pointed out, Got was in another thread posting replies that had little to do with bikes and a lot to do with racist stereotypes. Perhaps Got's critics here made their decisions about him/her in context rather than merely disagreeing with his opinions.
Old 10-31-16, 04:52 PM
badmother

Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll

I`ll let you guys continue this while I go back to my knitting.
Old 10-31-16, 05:39 PM
smallwheeler

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by tdonline
Smallwheeler, you are wasting your argument in regards to this particular poster. Find a more worthy poster to showcase your argument. As Joe Remi pointed out, Got was in another thread posting replies that had little to do with bikes and a lot to do with racist stereotypes. Perhaps Got's critics here made their decisions about him/her in context rather than merely disagreeing with his opinions.

it's not about the particular poster. it's about the principle. these guys have done this before.

https://www.bikeforums.net/folding-bi...-sure-did.html

they read some comments they didn't like and then attacked the poster as being a shill or a troll. they were wrong. at least joe remi came back and apologized for that incident. i respect him for that. but, here we are again and the same two guys are using the same bully tactics. the particulars may be different, but their behavior is the same.
Old 10-31-16, 05:44 PM
smallwheeler

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by badmother
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll

I`ll let you guys continue this while I go back to my knitting.
could you knit me a pair of socks? merino wool, please. that would be sooo nice to keep my bones warm on the long winter nights..

Old 10-31-16, 06:39 PM
Joe Remi

Bikes: Haibike Sduro Trekking SL, Rivendell Appaloosa, Concinnity singlespeed, KHS mini velo (Japan market), Trident Spike trike

It's simple, don't post offensive stuff about race and you won't get shut down. I'm not a moderator and have never hit a red button. If you got moderated, take it up with the admin. Or talk about bikes without the weird racial crap.
Old 11-03-16, 06:27 PM
zebede
Hello

Bikes: n+1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 25 Posts
I love folding bikes, Bike forums is a great place with many kind and sharing people with like minds. I don't have the time and am not as articulate as many posters, but I do enjoy reading and sharing. For some reason THIS sub-forum has a VERY high count of trolls and hijacked threads. Its almost a toxic culture that has developed.

I certainly do not see this in my other sub-forum subscriptions.
Old 11-03-16, 06:50 PM
jur

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by zebede
I love folding bikes, Bike forums is a great place with many kind and sharing people with like minds. I don't have the time and am not as articulate as many posters, but I do enjoy reading and sharing. For some reason THIS sub-forum has a VERY high count of trolls and hijacked threads. Its almost a toxic culture that has developed.

Have you had a look at the road bike sub-forum? I haven't recently; but when I did it was full of vitriol too. Perhaps that was an exception.
Old 11-03-16, 07:33 PM
Joe Remi

Originally Posted by zebede

Part of the problem is math. There isn't a large base of folding bike fans to draw from, so it only takes a couple people with a proclivity to say disruptive things to make the whole forum seem overrun with it. All you can do is tell them to stuff it and move on to a folding bike topic.