Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Surface 604 Issues

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Surface 604 Issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-18, 11:38 AM
Rlbrown

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Surface 604 Issues

Just purchased a Surface 604 Rook, that I am trying very hard to like. So far my experience has been less than stellar. Bike had several issues in the manufacturing and quality control department. Headlight and tail light were wired incorrectly, but even more concerning, the bottom bracket assembly was not the right size resulting in a front sprocket that is well out of alignment and unable to keep the chain from falling off. Response to these concerns from Surface 604 has been sporadic at best. Not sure if anyone checks emails on a regular basis. They finally told me this is a known issue (would have been nice to have just said that upfront). Not sure why they would continue to ship defective bikes with a known issue (not very customer oriented). My bike has now been in the local bike shop for over a week with no certainty on when it will be working correctly. They have not provided any timeline on when the correct bracket will be available.
Old 07-18-18, 01:49 PM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 882 Post(s)
Liked 821 Times in 620 Posts
Don't know where you purchased it or how you paid for it, but I would have returned it.
Old 07-18-18, 05:53 PM
Rlbrown

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unfortunately their return policy is 7 days. It’s now been sitting in bike shop too long waiting
Old 07-18-18, 08:10 PM
Doc_Wui

Bikes: GT Transeo & a half dozen ebike conversions.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked 275 Times in 192 Posts
You hate to not get what you ordered and paid for, but seems to me BB's are not expensive? $15 on ebay? Ask the shop how much to fix on your dime. Riding season where I live is only another 10-12 weeks. I wouldn't want to miss it.
Old 07-19-18, 11:51 AM
Rlbrown

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It’s an ebike with integrated torque sensor as part of the BB, so unfortunately off the shelf part won’t work. Looking at my second consecutive beautiful biking weekend without wheels.
Old 07-19-18, 03:14 PM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 882 Post(s)
Liked 821 Times in 620 Posts
Don't know whether you paid by CC or not, but I would expect my company to reverse the charges no matter what the "warranty" says. Make Surface pay to return the bike too.
Old 05-10-20, 09:17 PM
heliman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am in the same boat, I bought a surface 604 boar hunter and have had issues right off the start . The chain rubs on the rear tire when in the lowest gear,there is a rubbing noise coming from the rear hub
the headset gap is to big. I ordered the bike online and this was how it came I talked to the person who i bought the bike from and he said to bring the bike to my local bike store and have them look at it.
I also phoned surface 604 help line and they said the same thing take it to your local bike store.After spending over $3000.00 on this bike this is the way they are dealing with my situation.I will be charged from the bike store for looking at these issues but was told that it might not be a warranty issue Wow not happy at all just getting the run around.